Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 10:51 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times

Advertisements

I don't mind them either. I don't want someone ordering me to wear them though.
I love the toeless ones which can typically be found at Sears and online. They are awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 01:34 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,129,228 times
Quote:
Yes you can't go to a job interview or business meeting in a business suit without stockings on - it just isn't appropriate. Otherwise I never ever wear pantyhose...
Just tell them I said it was OK to do without them. :P

Old 06-10-2008, 04:38 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,950 times
Actually, it is completely appropriate to go to a business meeting w/out stockings on...as long as you are well dressed and, in this country, nicely shaven. If it's color you're after or you have unsightly spider veins, some self tanner will usually do the trick.

However, if it's stockings you love, why not try the REAL ones...with a garter belt? I find that they are so much softer, easier to wear, and less visible under clothing. And I love the line down the back and fishnets on occasion.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:05 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,207,734 times
Definitely out. I havent owned a pair of pantyhose in many years. And I work in a Bank. Even our "front line" folks (ie the Bank tellers) are not required to wear hose if the skirt is 1 inch above the knee or longer. They do require them to wear pantyhose if their skirt is shorter. But given that the skirt can only go about an inch shorter before you run afoul of the "no really short skirs" rule, they effectively don't require them at all.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:22 AM

27,339 posts, read 27,390,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
Actually, it is completely appropriate to go to a business meeting w/out stockings on...as long as you are well dressed and, in this country, nicely shaven. If it's color you're after or you have unsightly spider veins, some self tanner will usually do the trick.

However, if it's stockings you love, why not try the REAL ones...with a garter belt? I find that they are so much softer, easier to wear, and less visible under clothing. And I love the line down the back and fishnets on occasion.

Most stockings are 'stay up' but you can still get those really nice silk ones that need the garter to hold them up. Stockings these days come in so many different varieties. Fishnet, spiderweb, lace, that line going down the back, stay up or garter needed, or plain.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:33 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,975 times
I'm just about with everyone on this one. I haven't seen pantyhose in the workplace in years and I work in a corporate setting.. the only time I ever did wear them was for interviews but egads! What a horrible feeling putting those things on! LOL I guess I can't say that NO one wears them anymore but I just think they are very passe.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:00 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,011,612 times
Well, pantyhose-ladies, looks like we'd better hustle ourselves to the store PDQ and buy up some hose. From the looks of things, they seem to be going the way of the bustle and the button hook !

Old 06-10-2008, 08:05 AM

663 posts, read 2,263,021 times
I like pantyhose!!! I think they hide all those little leg flaws and just make the legs look better.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:48 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
I don't about pantyhose but one of my favorite lines out of my m-i-l mouth is, "That woman needs a slip." Notice how woman aren't wearing slips these days? Dresses always hang better when you're wearing a slip. And that's my beauty tip for the day.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:21 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,957 times
Hate them! Hate them! Hate them! I grew up attending a parochial school and pantyhose was a part of our dress code. The day I graduated, my friends and I had a pantyhose burning party in the backyard and I haven't looked back since. (FYI, they really melt more than burn. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty