Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 02:19 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,782 times

Advertisements

I don't really care how comfortable they are, they look revolting. Okay, so maybe they're not quite as bad in black. I do, however, question the mentality of anyone who would even consider wearing a pair of big rubber shoes in some disgusting colour like radioactive vomit green, genetically modified orange or violent barbie pink, let alone actually do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 02:24 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,311,148 times
Mine are a stone colour and rather ravishing.

clumpety, clumpety, clump ..

Old 09-18-2008, 02:30 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
I'm not crazy about the clogs (personal preference), but I love, love, LOVE my crocs sandals. Yep, I even have a pair of radioactive vomit green. I have 3 pairs. Hey, I live in Florida and that's all I wear on my feet - sandals. It beats brown sandals and white socks!

Old 09-18-2008, 07:14 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
I don't really care how comfortable they are, they look revolting. Okay, so maybe they're not quite as bad in black. I do, however, question the mentality of anyone who would even consider wearing a pair of big rubber shoes in some disgusting colour like radioactive vomit green, genetically modified orange or violent barbie pink, let alone actually do it.

IMO that is so sad that someone gets that upset with what someone else is wearing on their feet.
When I buy shoes, sandals crocs or whatever I wasn't aware we had to take a mentality test.
Try not to let it ruin your day.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:22 PM

93 posts, read 288,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
IMO that is so sad that someone gets that upset with what someone else is wearing on their feet.
When I buy shoes, sandals crocs or whatever I wasn't aware we had to take a mentality test.
Try not to let it ruin your day.
Well, it's not so much a mentality test as a quick question. haha Would you rather be comfortable and put yourself out there for people to make fun of, or would you rather be in pain and not have people make fun of what you are wearing? Some people choose to be comfortable, and some choose to deal with the pain. What's that old saying? Beauty is pain. lol Whatever people choose is up to them, and I'm not saying that they're making the wrong choice, because that's their choice. Everybody likes different things, but people will always judge everything, no matter what, so if you like Crocs that much and you feel good in them, then by all means keep on wearing them, but know that some people don't like them and they may judge you for wearing them. Like me, except I don't judge people, I just quietly laugh to myself when I see them.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:08 PM

9 posts, read 33,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61-OH View Post
Is it just me, or are Crocs the UGLIEST things that I have ever seen? I don't mind when nurses, or gardeners wear them, b/c they're sooo comfortable everyone says, but seriously? I don't even understand why anybody would even consider buying them! And, now they're making everything for them: Jibbitz, jewels, croc sandals, winter crocs,croc high heels, & I even saw croc purses! This is just unbelievable! Does anybody else think that they need to just take all the crocs in the world and burn them in a massive fire pit?
LOL........ I wore them when I broke my toe............

Old 09-19-2008, 06:24 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
I wear them for comfort and if someone feels the need to judge me and my character because I wear Crocs, judge away they don't know me or anything about me.

Try to have a good day.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:33 AM

969 posts, read 2,852,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Crocs are not attractive, but they do look comfy to just throw on to go somewhere unimportant where no human beings will see your feet.
I remember being 13 and thinking that the whole world was looking at me and judging me (negatively) if I wasn't wearing the "approved" brand of designer jeans or the "authentic" brand of sneakers.

As I am now 52 - what other human beings think of my feet is so far down on my list of things to worry about that I believe it has fallen OFF the list.

Signed - Proud Wearer of 7 pairs of Crocs.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:27 PM

93 posts, read 288,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I wear them for comfort and if someone feels the need to judge me and my character because I wear Crocs, judge away they don't know me or anything about me.

Try to have a good day.
I'll have a nice day. You too! Well, actually I didn't have a nice day Wednesday, because I got a speeding ticket, but other than that, it was good. Oh wait, thats not the point! lol Good for you, you shouldn't care that people judge you! If everybody thought that way, the world would be soo much better! People like different things, and I respect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
I remember being 13 and thinking that the whole world was looking at me and judging me (negatively) if I wasn't wearing the "approved" brand of designer jeans or the "authentic" brand of sneakers.

As I am now 52 - what other human beings think of my feet is so far down on my list of things to worry about that I believe it has fallen OFF the list.

Signed - Proud Wearer of 7 pairs of Crocs.
I know what you mean!! I've heard so much crap said about me and stuff like that, that I just don't even have the strength to care anymore! It just slides right down my back, and I just think about how that person could say stuff like that. Then I go about my business like nothing ever happened. Life goes on...

Old 09-19-2008, 01:44 PM

897 posts, read 2,824,991 times
It's human nature to judge others - we all do it. I personally dislike Crocs. I almost bought a pair of their sandals - but promptly put them back when I looked at the price tag!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty