Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:21 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,446,727 times

Advertisements

Do you love them?

What kind do you have and how long have you worn them?

What do you wear them with?

I'm got my eye on a pair of 12" double harness motorcycle boots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 04:36 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,724,336 times
I have owned many pairs of Fryes.

I believe they went bankrupt at one point--in the 90's--and closed up shop? They're back in business.

My Frye's were all 1970's to 90's. Owned at least five pair. They last forever. I never had the biker style, they're a little too macho for my taste.

Loved my Frye boots. Good materials and workmanship. Wish they made lined boots.

Pricier, but if you like Fryes you'll like White's Boots too. I've had a pair now for 10 years that are like new, and the most comfortable pair of boots I've ever owned. Top quality. Their website isn't totally representative of their entire line, they make some gorgeous women's boots. Get a catalog.

White's boots are completely handmade, their store is in Spokane WA. They will custom make whatever you want.

White's Boots, Hunting Boots, Work Boots, Outdoor Clothing - White's Boots

Old 11-16-2008, 11:23 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
I bought a pair of Frye boots in 1976. It took a while to break in, but I loved them. Golden brown coloured leather knee highs. I wonder what happened to them? I know that I didn't wear them out.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:48 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,678,432 times
I just bought a pair of Frye boots last week & had to send them back. Mine were the campus line & while I LOVED the look, the shaft of the boot was very big (wide) & stiff. It was awkward to walk in them. That being said, I wouldn't hesitant to try another style I think they are excellent quality.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegirl View Post
I just bought a pair of Frye boots last week & had to send them back. Mine were the campus line & while I LOVED the look, the shaft of the boot was very big (wide) & stiff. It was awkward to walk in them. That being said, I wouldn't hesitant to try another style I think they are excellent quality.
I have the Campus. The tall ones are made in the U.S. and the leather on mine is nice and soft after a lot of wear. I bought them maybe 8 years ago.

I just ordered a pair of harness boots online and they should be here tomorrow. I've been wanting motorcycle boots for a while. Who knows. Maybe the motorcycle is next.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:34 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,823,925 times
Bought a pair of the "Heath" side zip boots (on sale, even!) and love them. I have high arches and a very high instep, and I can't wear pull-on boots, so it was good to find a full side zip boots. They also have a 1 1/4" heel, which is relatively low for a boot.

I also have a good pair of Salomon dry hiking boots, a pair of Danner waterproof hiking boots, a pair of Bogs knee high "muck" boots (love these, too, one of the few pull-ons I can wear) and a pair of Ugg Kona snow boots (not the slipper-style, but mid height with toggle closes and a waterproof sole).

The local Ranch store carries a lot of Ariat and Luchesse boots and I love the look of some of them, but because of my high instep, narrow heel and need for a wide toe area, none of them fit.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Bought a pair of the "Heath" side zip boots (on sale, even!) and love them. I have high arches and a very high instep, and I can't wear pull-on boots, so it was good to find a full side zip boots. They also have a 1 1/4" heel, which is relatively low for a boot.

I also have a good pair of Salomon dry hiking boots, a pair of Danner waterproof hiking boots, a pair of Bogs knee high "muck" boots (love these, too, one of the few pull-ons I can wear) and a pair of Ugg Kona snow boots (not the slipper-style, but mid height with toggle closes and a waterproof sole).

The local Ranch store carries a lot of Ariat and Luchesse boots and I love the look of some of them, but because of my high instep, narrow heel and need for a wide toe area, none of them fit.
So a girl cannot have too many boots?

I got the Scrub Muck Boot -- 9". They are great for snow and rain and mud, all of which we see a lot of.

Last edited by Woof Woof Woof!; 11-17-2008 at 01:47 PM..

Old 11-17-2008, 01:53 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,823,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
So a girl cannot have too many boots?

I got the Scrub Muck Boot -- 9". They are great for snow and rain and mud, all of which we see a lot of.
I justify boot purchases by use, likening them to a tool. I have a pair of dress boots (the Fryes), a pair of cold weather/snow casual walking boots (the Konas), a pair of wet/snowy/muddy boots (the Bogs), and then a pair of dry weather hiking boots and a pair of wet weather hiking boots. So they all have a use, other than looking good/cute.

It makes the spouse nod in agreement with my carefully rationalized purchases.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
I justify boot purchases by use, likening them to a tool. I have a pair of dress boots (the Fryes), a pair of cold weather/snow casual walking boots (the Konas), a pair of wet/snowy/muddy boots (the Bogs), and then a pair of dry weather hiking boots and a pair of wet weather hiking boots. So they all have a use, other than looking good/cute.

It makes the spouse nod in agreement with my carefully rationalized purchases.
Oh, you are very clever. I like how your mind works.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:35 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,467,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Do you love them?

What kind do you have and how long have you worn them?

What do you wear them with?

I'm got my eye on a pair of 12" double harness motorcycle boots.
I worship my Frye shoes/boots. I have two pair of "Campus" boots (one banana and brown), one set of gladiator sandals (brown), "Tate" slides, and a pair of "dress up" heels called Ingrid (I think) also in brown. I wear the Campus boots the most during fall and winter. I usually just wear them with jeans. I've been eye balling the harness boots too in dark brown... me like... I have more boots (Frye and others )than tennis shoes or sandals. I don't like the Frye sandals as much do to the bottoms wearing out really quickly (even though the tops look new).

Here's the website I use to find sales online... (check out the 50% off link).

http://www.designersapparels.com/frye.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty