Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 11:15 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times

Advertisements

One of my favorite strait legs:

LevisStore.com - Women: Jeans: By Leg: Straight: Slouch Straight 504™ Jeans

I went from boot cut to those as boot cut looks like bell bottoms if your thighs are not big enough for the flare. These look like the boot cuts did when I was bigger. I love them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 01:21 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,741,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post

Guys in skinny jeans look awesome. As long as they dont have chicken legs or fat shapeless legs.
I don't know why everyone hates it.

Source:
Denim « Fashion Feen
Funny... I used to date a guy that was really thin (not gross thin, just regular thin), he wore skinny jeans and I HATED them. Now, I see guys that wear them that look so good! But... my hubby is not the "skinny jean" type.

And, sometimes they make guys look really high maintenance.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:52 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
Funny... I used to date a guy that was really thin (not gross thin, just regular thin), he wore skinny jeans and I HATED them. Now, I see guys that wear them that look so good! But... my hubby is not the "skinny jean" type.

And, sometimes they make guys look really high maintenance.
Only if flat ironing is included in the look.
Why did you hate them and like them on others? Was it the way it went over the ankle? The ultra tapered ankle skinny...Well There is like 2% of the American population that can get away with that. LOL.

Another nice skin jean look:

source:
Superfine Fall/Winter 2008 Men's Collection - Denimology

I think a lot of people just wear them fitted poorly or its not for their shape.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:37 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,527,415 times
I think skinny pants look really great on guys, but if the hair is too highly styled the look is affected.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:48 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,213,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post

Guys in skinny jeans look awesome. As long as they dont have chicken legs or fat shapeless legs.
I don't know why everyone hates it.
You mean like the goober you posted a pic of? He's a veritible poster child for bad taste.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:33 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,078 times
My boyfriend wears skinny jeans. He has wildly curly shoulder-length hair. He's tall and thin, and it's a great look for him.

I myself wear skinny jeans. I'm very small - around 5' 3" and 120lbs - so wearing them makes my legs look longer. Most flares, except for one pair I've found, tend to make my legs look short and stubby. I also like simple straight-legged jeans.

As for bad taste... SAY NO TO PUFFER JACKETS. Ugh, I hate them! Especially in white, they make people look like a friggin' marshmellow.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:22 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
As for bad taste... SAY NO TO PUFFER JACKETS. Ugh, I hate them! Especially in white, they make people look like a friggin' marshmellow.
I agree. This is one of the worst trends ever, in my opinion.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:46 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
I'm a grad student in the southeast, I keep seeing undergrad girls wearing these god-awful boat/dock loafers... not sure what they are called. Their brown leather with stitching around the rounded toe and those square leather laces. God, they are ugly. It must be some kind of trend though, the girls wearing them are clearly in the wannabe-fashionista crowd.
These are "boat shoes"...the most well-known brand is Sperry Topsiders. They are a classic style, so if you've just noticed them recently, you haven't been looking. I've worn them for years, and my teenage son, and nephew, wear them as well. We love them.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:47 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
My boyfriend wears skinny jeans. He has wildly curly shoulder-length hair. He's tall and thin, and it's a great look for him.

I myself wear skinny jeans. I'm very small - around 5' 3" and 120lbs - so wearing them makes my legs look longer. Most flares, except for one pair I've found, tend to make my legs look short and stubby. I also like simple straight-legged jeans.

Skinny jeans on guys just look gay. Yuck.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:39 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,527,415 times
That's an ugly comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty