Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 01:00 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,741,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Uh, 16? I'm now 21 have have to spend a good half hour tweezing my chin every day. The sides of my chin are the worst but it now goes down underneath and up along my jawline. That's not even counting the "peach fuzz"- just the very thick hairs that grow in.

My doctor doesn't seem to take my concerns about it seriously.
Get a new doctor. Seriously. Any semi-competent doctor knows that excess hair growth could be hormonal and also knows that if something is concerning a patient they should at least take it seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 03:02 PM

216 posts, read 829,498 times
I agree with TabulaRasa. it could be PCOS.
PCOS runs in my family.

My daughters suffered pretty badly with it.
Have a gyn or endocrinologist check you out.

Don't be afraid of electrolysis - it's time consuming, but it works.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:51 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
It's terrible, isn't it? I got a bit of a problem after menopause. If the hair were dark I'd get laser removal, but it isn't. I've found that waxing is the best for me for the lipline, every week or two, but it doesn't really grab very well for the chin, so I just shave it in the shower every other day or so, and this seems to take care of it the best.
As others have said, at your age this could be a hormone or glandular issue.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:05 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Hmmm, is this a question for the men? Im still waiting here for mine.....

Old 06-13-2009, 10:44 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Ask your doctor about hirsutism - Hirsutism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I took 100 mgs of spironolactone per day to get an acne problem taken care of a few years ago, and when researching that drug I learned that it also is used for hirsutism... anyway... talk to your doctor. It sounds like it could totally be something hormonal.
Yup, and hirsutism can be a symptom of PCOS, the disorder mentioned in my previous post.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:40 AM

191 posts, read 560,201 times
I get treading done. My eyebrows, upper lip and chin area. It's done with a tread. Does not hurt and lasts a couple of weeks. Brows have a nice arch and shape.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:52 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,461,973 times
When I was in my early 40's I started getting a few coarse hairs growing in my chin. I used to count them I started at five and a years time I was up to twelve hairs!! I'm 52 now and I pluck about 25 of them every few days. Isn't a bother anymore, just routine maintaince...LOL I've noticed that recently I've got some peach fuzz going on...just like a pre-pubicent boy!

I'm fair skinned btw.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:43 PM

587 posts, read 409,883 times
Electrolysis is permanent...But if there is any hormone thats stimulating the hair growth, new hair will continue to grow in. Major bummer cause I spent big bucks years ago, but have lovely new areas to deal with. But try the treatments, it's worth it. It's very successful for some. Then there's those of us that just have to deal with it. I blame alot of it on our food supply. Have you noticed how many really young girls seem to have this problem? Razor....don't leave home without it!

Old 06-15-2009, 01:01 AM

134 posts, read 412,951 times
I think the hormones put in meats and chicken have something to do with this (call me crazy but I believe it). I think hormonal problems are on the rise in young woman and this is one culprit. I try to buy organic chicken if I can.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:19 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,824 times
This runs in my family. I pluck, shave, nair..I do whatever I got to do to get this off my face! I don't have the money for electrolysis right through here.

What gets me is the women who walk around with mustaches and beards like its CUTE! This one girl I know, has a DARRRRRRRRRK mustache and she doesn't want to get rid of it because she says men think its sexy!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty