Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 11:08 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillaceae View Post
After trying a million different products, I am hooked on Benefit's Bad Gal Lash. To be honest, I never would have bought it for myself: I thought it sounded like it would be way too dramatic for a daytime mascara. But I got a small tube as a free sample, so I tried it, and absolutely LOVED it. It really isn't too dramatic for daytime. It makes my lashes just perfect.
This is my current mascara as well. It's not too heavy, and I was introduced to it via free sample as well. I think it's included in that Sephora kit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 02:53 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
Check out the reviews on Makeup Alley. I had forgotten about that site until I got an e-mail from them this morning.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:53 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Generally that is true, but some of us DO have long lashes like that naturally.

Mine are stupid long, to where they hit the bottom of my eyebrows with mascara on (no matter the brand), and I am always brushing them against my glasses, and getting smudges on them cause of my lashes.
Lucky!!!

But the ads I'm talking about you can tell they are obviously wearing false lashes. Nobody has that length AND that volume all totally, completely perfect looking like those ads.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:47 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
Check out the reviews on Makeup Alley. I had forgotten about that site until I got an e-mail from them this morning.
Oh, I sure do! Great site! Even if people disagree, at least you know what exactly they like or don't like. There are also comparisons often between less expensive and more expensive products of the same nature.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:36 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I just saw Latisse advertised...never heard of it before. The things they come up with!!
It works beautifully! I've had more than one person ask if I wear false eyelashes after using it for a few months!

Old 06-29-2009, 01:53 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
It works beautifully! I've had more than one person ask if I wear false eyelashes after using it for a few months!

Have you experienced any of the side effects they mention; lid darkening, iris pigmentation change, etc.?
I would love to try that, but wonder if my eyes are too sensitive.
I have an auto-immune disorder called Sjogrens; makes my eyes very dry & sensitive to light & some cosmetics.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 3,088 times
New Poster here. Just found this site and it's only fitting that my first post is about Mascara!! I am a total skincare and makeup product junkie.

Anyhoo, one of my favorite mascaras out there is Tarte's Light, Camera, Lashes. It's a one coat mascara that extends, volumizes and wears until you take it off. I am always trying new mascaras, looking for the latest, greatest and always come back to this one. I think Tarte is a sweet, trendy, overlooked makeup line that has some really nice products. Their mascara is one of the best.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:18 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,645 times
Default Good ole great lash.......

Maybellines Great Lash woman here. And NOT waterproof. I hate any type
of waterproof junk. Pulls out my eyelashes. The pink and green has served me many a year.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:58 AM

174 posts, read 488,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
of waterproof junk. Pulls out my eyelashes. The pink and green has served me many a year.
this is only the kind I used after trying so many different masacras. I've tried clinique, dior, yves and all the retail store kinds.
Now I only use max factor lash perfection volume couture... I really like it. it's not clumpy and it makes my lashes longer. It's inexpensive, about $7.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:55 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
Funny you should mention that. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and decided to get the purple Maybelline somebody recommended. I'm not sure if I got the right thing, though... the color of this one is more like magenta... Since they had a "buy 1 get 1 free" deal going, I looked at the other stuff. Generally I wouldn't want to get 2 black mascaras at the same time because they don't last and I was looking for a different color. Grocery stores usually don't have a good selection of these mascaras, but I found the original pink-and-green Maybelline in blue. Frankly, without being exceptional, this mascara IS better than many expensive one... Kudos to Maybelline for keeping their flagship product on the market no matter how many "new" miracles they come up with. It must have loyal customers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty