Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 02:04 PM

2 posts, read 6,300 times

Advertisements

I grew up wearing rubber thong shower sandals from the earliest of memories. I wore them in school in the locker room during gym class and another pair of thick soled thongs as my every day footwear. As I grew older I continued to wear thongs and eventually branched out in to leather open toe sandals (ankle and back strap designs) which I also wore to school and around town. I get a semi-regular professional pedicur, but in between, I do regular foot maintenance. Just as I would not go out on the town with dirty or nasty hands, nor would I go out with feet the same way. Men can be comfortable wearing sandals no matter what they think someone else is thinking. Be your own person and don't be afraid to let your toes show

P.S. I'm now just 18 and have gotten over my any phobia I had about sandal-shyness. You can too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,716 times
I go swimming about four times a week at the health club. I usually stop at Dunkin Donuts and sit inside to drink a cup of coffee. One day their was this attractive girl sitting at the table next to me looking at my leather mens flip flops and then made a comment that flip flops are for females. The flip flops I was wearing were not at all feminine. I got the idea that think guys shouldn't wear flip flops. I was a little suprised especially when you wear them at the pool so you don't get athletes feet.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:50 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,566,094 times
My hubby used to be in the anti-fip-flop camp. Then we moved to Asia for 5 years now he has them in every colour and various soles for country walks or just around the home. We would do country park walks for an hour or so in ours in HK. Its what you get used to.
He is so comfortable in them with his shorts and t-shirts. He has 3/4 pedicures a year and when in asia he did reflexology twice a week.... his feet are the envy of some of out female friends, neat toenails, no callous' or hard skin.... in the evening I am happy to massage some foot cream in his feet..... Isn't that an incentive to have nice feet guys ??

Old 04-03-2011, 10:19 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,352,275 times
I like seeing guys in flip-flops than any other kind of sandal, personally.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:55 PM

19,722 posts, read 20,250,128 times
at least they aren't Crocs...

Old 04-04-2011, 11:50 AM

88 posts, read 259,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltec View Post
I go swimming about four times a week at the health club. I usually stop at Dunkin Donuts and sit inside to drink a cup of coffee. One day their was this attractive girl sitting at the table next to me looking at my leather mens flip flops and then made a comment that flip flops are for females. The flip flops I was wearing were not at all feminine. I got the idea that think guys shouldn't wear flip flops. I was a little suprised especially when you wear them at the pool so you don't get athletes feet.

I've talked to some women about this and most of them say they PREFER that a guy wear flip flops with shorts. I figured most of them would prefer closed shoes like this girl. One thing I've noticed is it seems that guys who are single tend to wear closed shoes and the married guys or guys with girlfriends tend to wear flip flops or sandals.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswife View Post
My hubby used to be in the anti-fip-flop camp. Then we moved to Asia for 5 years now he has them in every colour and various soles for country walks or just around the home. We would do country park walks for an hour or so in ours in HK. Its what you get used to.
He is so comfortable in them with his shorts and t-shirts. He has 3/4 pedicures a year and when in asia he did reflexology twice a week.... his feet are the envy of some of out female friends, neat toenails, no callous' or hard skin.... in the evening I am happy to massage some foot cream in his feet..... Isn't that an incentive to have nice feet guys ??
how old was he when he first started wearing them? Did anyone make negative comments?

Old 04-04-2011, 10:06 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswife View Post
in the evening I am happy to massage some foot cream in his feet..... Isn't that an incentive to have nice feet guys ??
Oh that's definitely an incentive. Anybody who doesn't know what it's like to get their feet massaged is missing out.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Oh that's definitely an incentive. Anybody who doesn't know what it's like to get their feet massaged is missing out.
yeah...had my first pedicure a few weeks back and it was an great experience

Old 06-11-2011, 10:47 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,951,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2136 View Post
yeah...had my first pedicure a few weeks back and it was an great experience
Are you feeling more comfortable wearing sandals or flip flops now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty