Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 09:47 PM

306 posts, read 355,248 times

Advertisements

Muscular? Who wants to be with someone who spends hours in a gym and fusses over his food?
Cut? Yeah, whatever.

A nicely maintained body is always gonna get you attention but when it's overdone it just screams Narcisist! Insecurity!

Ain't nothin' wrong with a few extra pounds here and there. It just means you like to get out and enjoy life instead of obsessing over weights and carbs and reps ....

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the whole "Bear" thing going on in the gay community. Big and furry and bearded and older (30s & 40s) is HAWT right now.

Muscular?

Meh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 09:58 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,294,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Do you live in a cave????
I lost it on that one, CM! I'm glad you said it. Not me.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:08 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
Muscular? Who wants to be with someone who spends hours in a gym and fusses over his food?
Cut? Yeah, whatever.

A nicely maintained body is always gonna get you attention but when it's overdone it just screams Narcisist! Insecurity!

Ain't nothin' wrong with a few extra pounds here and there. It just means you like to get out and enjoy life instead of obsessing over weights and carbs and reps ....

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the whole "Bear" thing going on in the gay community. Big and furry and bearded and older (30s & 40s) is HAWT right now.

Muscular?

Meh.
Yeah....right. I'll take gym time and healthy food any day of the week.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:13 PM

339 posts, read 2,205,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Do you live in a cave????
haha I don't follow who hot guys are as I'm a guy. I just hear random names from females in my age group. Ask me about the hottest females out there and I'll be able to keep up with ya.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:17 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
Mathew McConaughey

I don't know about you, but I'll take one of these, please.
Ran into him the other day. Dude is kinda fat now. Looks nothing like that anymore.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:23 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,782 times
I don't know anyone who ever liked the brawny look. Maybe in the '80s? But seriously, the opinions of me, my girlfriends, my sister, and in fact all of the straight girls I know, has always leaned towards a more angular build. No one I've ever known (straight girls, again) has ever had a "thing" for guys who are overly muscular; that bulging muscle look is just really out now, I guess... and has been for the past 15 years or so.

Last edited by hollygolightly; 09-19-2009 at 01:31 PM..

Old 09-19-2009, 06:10 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
I guess that's true, but even the more popular middle-aged actors aren't that big anymore. The only really muscular actors I can think of are Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman, and I haven't heard of too many girls talking about these dudes. They usually swoon over David Beckham, Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp, etc.
This is mostly to do with their face. Johnny Depp isn't lean or muscular, just kind of regular. It's his face that is beautiful.

And David Beckham - well he just has amazing legs from playing football.

I agree that the thin & lean look is more popular now, although it's safe to say that any extreme is not attractive. Ultimately, women have individual taste and some will prefer a lean, toned body and others will prefer a more muscular, meaty physique, and some even like a "cuddly" look. I don't know too many who prefer outright fat or bone skinny or huge & bulky though.

Remember that teenage girls will naturally like a boyish look also. That makes sense for their age.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:55 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
I still don't understand the difference.

I'm not a "big man" by any means, but I feel I'm muscular enough. Of course, if I'm wearing anything other than an athletic shirt, you can't see the best muscles I have...because they're covered. I like loose fitting comfortable clothing (except for pants, those need to fit my waist, or be belted on).

So, the women who've been attracted to me weren't oohing and ahhing over my muscles when they decided they liked me. So I'm guessing their reasoning must have been something else.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:15 AM

19 posts, read 29,473 times
Default greetings

well, i don't want to mince, but............i do like muscles to love.........!

Old 09-21-2009, 08:03 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
I think 'cut' is more in than 'muscular' now...and I definitely prefer the former to the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty