Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 02:44 PM

737 posts, read 1,648,944 times

Advertisements

North Star Leather Co.: Medium Leather Handbag BG Crunch (http://www.nstarleather.com/optimizer/product/305bgcr.html - broken link)

Hand made in the USA

And the prices are great I'm thinking of buying one of these at these prices.

Anyone ever hear of them or had one?

Limited styles but they do look rather nice.

I still like my Cole Haan but I wouldn't mind tring one of these.

Last edited by Starlady01; 11-16-2009 at 03:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 10:45 AM

16 posts, read 75,906 times
Iono...that leather looks awfully thin (thin like the papery fake stuff). I'm not saying it's fake, but I would proceed with caution. I've never heard of them.

I say if you like leather, stick with a major brand or buy from Etsy (or somewhere similar).

Old 11-18-2009, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmineh View Post
Iono...that leather looks awfully thin (thin like the papery fake stuff). I'm not saying it's fake, but I would proceed with caution. I've never heard of them.

I say if you like leather, stick with a major brand or buy from Etsy (or somewhere similar).

I bought a few things from Etsy and I'm not happy I know alot of people from ebay have now been banned and moved to different sites.

I will stick to new finding me some sales.

However I do like the idea that North Star is made in the usa and so few are now adays. Cole Haan use to be one of the best made in the USA but he moved on and now designs for Nike. His stuff is still good but not as good as when he designed in Maine.

I'm going to try out one of the products here since they are made in the USA.

http://www.nstarleather.com

They say this company is the longest being made in the USA.

Products in the USA since 1969

I would love to own a purse made in the USA.

I got my eye on this one
http://www.nstarleather.com/optimizer/product/222.html

Found another place made in the USA

http://www.carhartt.com
I"ve heard of this company

I have also heard of this company and own a few of their products.
http://www.silkies.com/

Last edited by Starlady01; 11-18-2009 at 05:47 AM..

Old 11-18-2009, 07:02 AM

I have heard of this one before.
Deerskin handmade products - wallets, handbags, and moccasins

there is one company that sell USA at Etsy

Found here also I like alot of this jewelry.

http://www.southpawonline.com/gallery.shtml (broken link)

Last edited by Starlady01; 11-18-2009 at 07:19 AM..

Old 11-18-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlady01 View Post
I bought a few things from Etsy and I'm not happy I know alot of people from ebay have now been banned and moved to different sites.

I will stick to new finding me some sales.

However I do like the idea that North Star is made in the usa and so few are now adays. Cole Haan use to be one of the best made in the USA but he moved on and now designs for Nike. His stuff is still good but not as good as when he designed in Maine.

I'm going to try out one of the products here since they are made in the USA.

North Star Leather Co.

They say this company is the longest being made in the USA.

Products in the USA since 1969

I would love to own a purse made in the USA.

I got my eye on this one
North Star Leather Co.: Leather Hobo Bag Women's HandBag

Found another place made in the USA

http://www.carhartt.com
I"ve heard of this company

I have also heard of this company and own a few of their products.
Pantyhose, Hosiery, Shapewear, Tights, summer hosiery, toeless styles and more at Silkies Official Site.

Correction

I love nike and they do last so maybe Cole Haan is still real good unsure. I can't say for sure since I don't own any of his products.

You know on the web take what you hear with a grain of salt.

His stuff may be just as well made I've heard made to last a life time.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:03 AM

16 posts, read 75,906 times
I really like Carhartt products!
There are plenty of leather products still made in the U.S., but anything of quality is going to come at a price. (~$200)

North Star Leather sells their small pouches for ~$1 each if you buy in bulk...shouldn't that say something about the quality of the leather they use?

Sorry, but I'm still really suspicious about the quality. I'm not saying they are frauds or anything like that. They seem to be an honest-to-goodness buisiness.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:11 AM

1 posts, read 4,149 times
Hi- I'm the owner of North Star Leather's son, I work here- we stand behind our work. The small pouches are made from strap after we've made everything else. In the bulk assortment, some of them have scratches, scars or imperfections. Out of 100 in the assortment there will be 10-15 that aren't perfect looking, but they will last and last.

As to the handbags, they may not have as a "finished" look like some imported bags, (for example we don't line our bags because a cloth lining wears out long before the bag). Our styles are simple but we've got many long time customers- with 5+ year-old bags that they still carry.
We can't match the imports with complexity or price- but we beat them every day in quality.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:32 AM

811 posts, read 1,386,688 times
The products look nice! I may have to do some Christmas shopping there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty