Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:12 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I did a little bit of research and it looks like some are made in China, some in Oz, and some in New Zealand.

I think I'm going to switch over to EMU boots, they're definitely still made in OZ.

From what I've read it's Austrailian materials exported to China for the labor..It's a dam shame almost all the shoes are now made in China but that's another topic

and if some are china some Oz and some kiwi land how do you know where yours came from
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 02:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
From what I've read it's Austrailian materials exported to China for the labor..It's a dam shame almost all the shoes are now made in China but that's another topic

and if some are china some Oz and some kiwi land how do you know where yours came from
On the inside there is a small label with the country it was made in. Apparently, it's also on the box somewhere. The registered trademark name is UGG AUSTRALIA so that's the only reason they can get away with that.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:15 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
An old gray mare looks pretty good when you are faced with a 10 mile walk over the moors.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:41 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,333,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I did a little bit of research and it looks like some are made in China, some in Oz, and some in New Zealand.

I think I'm going to switch over to EMU boots, they're definitely still made in OZ.
No, it was around 2006 that they all started being made in China. It is common for IMITATION Uggs to say "made in New Zealand/Australia" now, so if you see any Uggs that say that on the label it's either really old or it's fake.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:26 PM

10 posts, read 47,719 times
Uggs are still made in OZ - many factory outlets around Australia still.

An example below...

Jumbougg.com.au :: Sheepskin Ugg Boots Australia -

It amazes me how popular they become, when I was growing up it was only the ferals and surfers wearing them.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:11 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,333,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijime View Post
Uggs are still made in OZ - many factory outlets around Australia still.

An example below...

Jumbougg.com.au :: Sheepskin Ugg Boots Australia -

It amazes me how popular they become, when I was growing up it was only the ferals and surfers wearing them.
Those aren't the same Uggs that most of us are speaking of. Those are not the Uggs that are popular in the USA at all. In fact, I might call those knock offs. Uggs in name, yes. But not the Uggs we're talking about.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:15 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,931,794 times
I live in Southern California. Uggs are EVERYWHERE here.

Anyhow, I don't have any because I try to avoid wearing unnecessary animal fibers (don't worry...I'm not a PETA freak or anything, and I'm not passing judgment on those that do wear them) plus they're a bit too pricey for me at the moment. Most are a little plain for my taste, too. The ones I really like are laced and shiny and textured and usually $220+.

I found a pair of cool-looking $40 faux-sheepskin fuzzy boots from Rocket Dog that I think I might be getting for Christmas, however.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:21 AM

522 posts, read 1,405,787 times
I didn't like 'em either for a very long time. I still think they're hideous, but I recently moved to a state that actually gets seasons, and one of them is very cold winter. I'd see Ugg boots, or something similar to them everywhere, literally, EVERYWHERE. It was like everyone and their mother had at least two pairs. Anyway, a week ago I caved and bought myself a pair. No, I didn't get the actual Ugg boots (animal skin bit. I can deal with cow leather but other animals...no). I caved because the colder it got, and the more I saw people in them the more I thought, "OMG, that looks so warm and comfy."
Let me tell you, they are warm and comfy, so much more so than my knee high boots, even with thick socks.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:59 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
I can't remember if I posted here yet or not , and I haven't read through all the threads, but I always hear everyone say how ugly they are. I think they're cute! I love them!

Old 12-15-2009, 06:18 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
It's kind of late in the thread to admit this, but my Uggs are... um, fake. They're the mass marketed Target kind. I have had a change of heart in the last few days and have decided to plunk down the money for real Uggs. Even if they get water spots on them or wear out quickly. I need, want and must have that Ugg label.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty