Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 02:49 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times

Advertisements

2mares, I picture you in a red plaid shirt and snow boots, chopping wood in the snow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 02:50 PM

392 posts, read 1,095,841 times
I like my wome hairless from the head down. Smooth and sexy.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:56 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
2mares, I picture you in a red plaid shirt and snow boots, chopping wood in the snow!
LOL. I have split my share of fire wood in the past, but now I have grown sons to take care of that for me. Who btw are embarrassed by my pit hair.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:52 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
Sounds like your relative's problem was inadequate bathing - not excess hair. Hair in itself is not "stinky" - otherwise all of the hairy legged and hairy arm-pitted men out there would stink - and they don't of course. Only the ones that don't bathe properly.

Just an observation LOL
Well she bathes, that, I do know-LOL! But I think her lemon juice deodorant concoction stops working after a day of work and sweat (sweat+bacteria=stink).

Most people use anti-perspirants, which contain aluminum, and other not-so-great ingredients. Unfortunately, this relative hasn't discovered the natural ones that neutralize odor and balance PH (and high acidity).

Last edited by picklejuice; 12-08-2009 at 04:16 PM..

Old 12-08-2009, 03:54 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Lemon juice?! I wouldn't shave either if I used that. Owwww.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:58 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I find this about as creepy as males who shave both for no good reason at all.

I have a close relative who refrained from shaving both throughout all of the 1970's. She was really stinky a good portion of time. And this lady was a good looking gal.

So, are there males out there who would date a good looking woman with hairy legs or underarms, or both?
The only time I shave my "pits" as you call them, is during the summer when I wear clothing that does not have sleeves. The rest of the time they are not shaved and, since I have very light and sparse leg hair, I never shave my legs. I would not shave at all, but I work in a professional office and I think that it is necessary.

There is no correlation between hair and odor. If a person bathes and uses deodorant there is no smell.

Shaving is a cultural thing that I think is stupid and unnecessary. I am a woman, but if I were male, I would not find unshaven pits or legs unattractive at all.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-08-2009, 03:59 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Men can barely stand their own pit hair.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
How on earth did men find women attractive for millenia prior to the advent of the disposable razor? How do billions of people today, as speak, find women with body hair attractive?

Yes, of course.

It's only "creepy" if you project your own social-cultural biases on all of humanity and can't imagine something different than what you know. Sadly, lots of people do that. Happily, not everyone does.

LOL!

I think if you research a little history (including Egyptian), you'll find a lot of information regarding the over use of perfumes to cover up body odor. BO present because of the many days/weeks/months of non-bathing, etc.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
The only time I shave my "pits" as you call them, is during the summer when I wear clothing that does not have sleeves. The rest of the time they are not shaved and, since I have very light and sparse leg hair, I never shave my legs. I would not shave at all, but I work in a professional office and I think that it is necessary.

There is no correlation between hair and odor. If a person bathes and uses deodorant there is no smell.

Shaving is a cultural thing that I think is stupid and unnecessary. I am a woman, but if I were male, I would not find unshaven pits or legs unattractive at all.

20yrsinBranson
Bacteria LOVES hair. It grows rapidly on hair where moisture is present; skin+pores=moisture=bacterial growth.

Most deodorants are full of bacteria-killing (many harmful) ingredients. If you are going to use a "natural" deodorant, it is best to pick one that balances PH/acid levels.

I think males prefer women to be clean shaven for a multitude of reasons.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
I would agree with you that visually hairy pits and legs on women are not attractive.

In playing the devil's advocate however, I would also have to say that a man that gets pedicures would send me screamin'

Agreed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty