Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like..
fake boobs 18 18.95%
enhanced lips 5 5.26%
cosmetic surgery in general 18 18.95%
none 65 68.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 10:50 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,885,667 times

Advertisements

I've heard Botox is the same crap that causes botulism in bad canned food. Bo-something toxin, is where it derived its name. And botched jobs can be deadly. Just take care of your body and exercise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 10:51 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,247,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
I've heard Botox is the same crap that causes botulism in bad canned food. Bo-something toxin, is where it derived its name. And botched jobs can be deadly. Just take care of your body and exercise.
Botulism. Botox is also used in folks with Cerebral Palsy to relax the muscles and many other ailments, but to look like Joan Rivers or Nancy Pelosi, I have to pass

Old 12-29-2009, 10:56 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Botulism. Botox is also used in folks with Cerebral Palsy to relax the muscles and many other ailments, but to look like Joan Rivers or Nancy Pelosi, I have to pass
LOL, at least Joan Rives is open about her million surgeries, I can almost respect that.

Nancy Pelosi, I like to beat her within an inch of her life with her own gavel.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:06 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,331 times
LOVE it all! Haven't had any done YET, but totally plan on it! Not to look fake, but just to enhance what my mama gave me!
Getting my breast done in a year, I really want a nose job, and there are a few other things I would like to have done.
My husband hates the idea of me having my breast done but I have wanted implants since I was 14 years old and I have decided to gift them to myself when I turn 30!

I think it's fine to have some plastic surgery as long as you don't go overboard with it.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:31 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
I hate the fake look and everyone seems to agree they like women who look more natural. Yet more and more women go under the knife or the needle to look "better". This could have to do with where I live and the naturalist sentiments here, but I could be wrong. What about y'all?
I live in what a lot of people think is the plastic surgery capital of the world, and in reality, the main ones who seem to get this junk (botox, boob jobs, etc.) are the women who's best years are behind them who cannot grow old gracefully and the younger women who want to make it in Hollywood. Your regular see-them-on-the-street-and-in-the-mall type chicks dont have this.

The fake look is horrible HORRIBLE and I dont see why women make themselves uglier like that.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:50 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,547,571 times
Chowhound, I'm surprised you would even say this... You should know better than to make a sweeping generalization about the 10 million people who live in L.A. County!

There are plenty of us who wouldn't be caught dead with breast implants, lip implants, brain implants, etc.! I'm one of them. Do I like aging? No, of course not. But at least I can take the "you look great for your age" compliment gracefully without having to think about how much money I spent on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Everyone in LA wants to be a screenwriter or an actor/model.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:20 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,200,354 times
I voted Plastic Surgery in General because I've sen some amazing things done that let people live greatly improved lives. Unfortunately we have taken advantage and some stuff has become the new normal and that's a shame. Especially since cutting into a healthy body for the wrong reasons can lead to some pretty bad results that last forever.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:59 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,686,254 times
All those bleached blonde pouty-lipped nose-bobbed boob-enhanced bum-lifted and tummy-tucked girls all look alike to me. Little clones who look as though they came off a factory production line.

There's nothing quite so weird as a woman in her 60s with normal signs of aging sporting a pair of uplifted tight boobs which don't move when the rest of her does ...

Old 12-30-2009, 05:05 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,737,655 times
I would prefer a woman who is all natural, but I can certainly understand why some would have certain things done. I don't really understand the lip thing, but I can see why someone may want her nose to be smaller or shaped differently. And I can understand why a middle aged lady who's had children may want some work done. But I do hate the super-fake look that some seem to adopt. I saw a woman once who would have been one of the most beautiful women I had ever laid eyes upon, except she had these ridiculously huge fake breasts. It truly ruined her entire appearance, which was a crying shame.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:41 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,146 times
I used to work in a place where it was roughly 75% women. It was a heavily dominated female environment. But the vast majority of the women working there had fake breasts, big fake nails, inflated lips, layers of make up etc. It was unbelievable. It was disheartening to be honest. They all looked like plastic dolls. A terrible versions of Pam Anderson.

But what made me happy was that us boys who worked there only ever flirted and complimented the very few women with no surgeries. Not because we hated the other ones, but we just found the real ones [I hate that term btw] a lot more attractive with their smaller boobs, real hair etc. My faith in men kinda grew a bit stronger, lol. I thought I was the only man there that fond the other fake women repulsive, but I was happy that the rest have the same thought as me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty