Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: guys wear nail polish are...
gay 26 59.09%
creative 7 15.91%
metrosexual 2 4.55%
confused 8 18.18%
sexy 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:11 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
where did I say they should hate other males? I didn't. I'm really confused as to why you keep saying I have areadng comprehension problem? Clearly, I do not. All I've done is quote you and then you twist it into something else.

YOU are the one who starts every thread I've read of yours w/ some mention of gay men then you wonder why anyone would think you are gay? You still haven't addressed that

However you did say you are attracted to other males. Most straight men are not attracted to other men.
You are sincerely wrong on that...
Ever been to a rock concert? or a hip hop concert?
Do you think only females show up and want autographs?

How about a good ole boy hunting posse...when they hunt hogs, and then camp out around the fire drinking beer all night....you don't think their attracted to each others 'maleness'?

And for many years there were 'male only' exclusive clubs..
Often, guys go to sports bars to hang out with 'other guys'...

I'm sure you can think of more examples...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 07:36 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Is it wrong for guys to apply nail polish to their feet?
I was on a photo sharing site where guys did that...and believe it or not...most were not 'gay'...infact many were married...and their wives or girlfriends loved it...
What is your opinion on the matter...is it wrong? or is it just art and self creativeness?

Old 01-28-2010, 08:24 PM

Stratford...the question wasn't whether or not 'I'm gay'...

The question was what is your opinion about guys wearing nail polish on their feet....

Ok...

That would be like you asking me what 2+2 is....and I suddenly blurt out...'Your a Florida State Seminole fan!'....

Others will get it...even though you may not...good day lad...

Old 01-28-2010, 08:37 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Stratford...the question wasn't whether or not 'I'm gay'...

Ok...
That was my response to the question. Ya know, when you asked what our opinion was.

Ok?

Old 01-28-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
That was my response to the question. Ya know, when you asked what our opinion was.

Ok?
Oh ok...I get it...I thought you were like calling me gay...and I was like 'Oh no he didn't girlfriend'...
but I'm glad you cleared that up...

(I'm kidding...relax...)

Old 01-28-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
My daughters father in law wears rings on his toes. He was wearing flip flops when I saw his toes full of rings. He was about 55 when I seen this 10 years ago. He is straight.
Your input is greatly appreciated...thanks for sharing that...

Old 01-29-2010, 02:49 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,930,847 times
Quote:
Insecure men like to 'appear masculine'...some guys wear 'masculinity' like a costume, to hide their 'frailness' inside...
Make-up and paint have been apart of male culture for thousands of years, it's just here recently that in western societies (not including N-American indians) that everything has been 'feminized'...

males are given less and less of fashion options, while females are allowed the whole spectrum...

Some males simply choose to explore their natural born creative flair, and not be boxed in by others conditioned sense of taboo...which is constantly changing...20 years ago males wore shorts that came above the knees...now it's only exceptable for guys to wear shorts that practically drag on the ground...now even the wearing of shorts has been 'feminized'....
Some guys simply refused to live in such a restricted paradime...
Being masculine or feminane is a state of mind, not whether or not one applies nail polish...
Realize you asked for peoples' opinions on this thread...

It's hard to argue against that, in this culture/society (US/Western) the painting of toenails is more of a feminine trait than a masculine one.

If I saw a dude with his toes pretty pink, I'd probably honest think "heh...that guy has this toenails painted, how odd!" but not much more. Really it comes down to... whatever someone wishes to do is their business. I've seen plenty of transsexuals out and about in my life, for example, and I don't think much more about it other than "hey, they're doing what makes them happy...good for them."

My husband doesn't happen to paint his toenails, but he does flat-iron his (long, wavy) hair sometimes. Perhaps some would call that effeminate...but you know what? He likes it and sometimes he wants a change...why not?

Old 01-29-2010, 05:09 AM

784 posts, read 1,981,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I think it would be very strange for a guy to paint his toe nails.

What's next, guys wearing eye liner or sporting a tramp stamp?
There's a professional wrestler in Florida Championship Wrestling who sports a tramp stamp. I never heard of guys painting their toenails but wouldn't care if they did.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
Realize you asked for peoples' opinions on this thread...

It's hard to argue against that, in this culture/society (US/Western) the painting of toenails is more of a feminine trait than a masculine one.

If I saw a dude with his toes pretty pink, I'd probably honest think "heh...that guy has this toenails painted, how odd!" but not much more. Really it comes down to... whatever someone wishes to do is their business. I've seen plenty of transsexuals out and about in my life, for example, and I don't think much more about it other than "hey, they're doing what makes them happy...good for them."

My husband doesn't happen to paint his toenails, but he does flat-iron his (long, wavy) hair sometimes. Perhaps some would call that effeminate...but you know what? He likes it and sometimes he wants a change...why not?
Ok thanks,
As far a transexuals go or outright crossdressers...they don't apply to this question...
I'm mainly refereing to every day guys...who don't define themselves in any other minor way, accept maybe the nail polish on the feet thing every now and then...
Now I'm just going to blab a bit...

We're conditioned to think...(at least the mainstream) that everything we do is to attract the opposite sex...
That's why we here certain comments like 'it would turn me off)...

But obviously if a guy does that...he's not doing it to 'attract' anyone...their probablly doing it cause they get a 'thrill' out of it...like bungee chord jumping...or like playing 'truth or dare'....sometimes daring yourself to do something thats 'taboo' gives you a rush...sometimes stepping outside of 'the box' gives you a 'rush'...

Or another example...like when women go and get a different or new hairsyle, to feel better about themself or adjust their mood....their not doing it for a guy...not at all....but when guys see the lady the comment...
'oh you messed up your hair' 'No one will date you with that hairstyle'...but the ladies thinking 'so what...I did it for me, responding to my own internal impulses' end hypothetical quote...

Why did eval Knenvial or whatever, continually try to break his own records...no one forced or told him to...but he was responding to internal impulses...
It almost strenthens you to do something your afraid to do...

Your bodies like a canvass...you only get it once...and it's only working properly for a while...
I think sometimes people can 'internalize their fetish towards self'....from my studied observation...

Anyways...first post of the day...later....

Old 01-29-2010, 07:56 AM

To remain trapped, by your own fears, throughout life, to me is a waste of consciousness...
I would almost argue that a guy who crossdresses or does the feet thing, is probablly 'mentally' stronger than a guy who's to afraid to cause 'Oh, it might turn me into a sissy'...

If ones identy and how they relate to self, is only and soley based on outward appearance...than that's like building a house on sand....got it, get it good...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty