Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 12:18 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I see that somebody with only one tattoo is totally safe then
Hehe. Also, how do they count tattoos? Technically I have 3... A full sleeve. Half sleeve and partial backpiece. Lots of ink, technically only 3 pieces.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:20 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
Default Sign of the times; tackiness in style for many

I have always found tattoos to be the ultimate in tackiness. For guys, they scream low-class, poor taste, blue-collar, and desire to conform with those in the gutter. They go along with the tacky style of the day: billy goat, hillbilly-style facial hair, hillbilly beards, mullets, and MMA grunts in fights behind the bar in podunk, Alabama. The style of dress among many guys today is without a doubt the sloppiest in history so the popularity of tattoos is not surprising.

For woman, this is absolutely unforgiving. Tattoos don't add to femininity, they greatly detract from it. Nothing that screams "trash" on a woman more than a tattoo, I don't care what kind it is or how well it's done. It usually identifies her as having the poorest of tastes and so damn low-class. Fits with the popularity of trashy Britney Spears, Ugg boots, and the rise of no-talents like Miley Cirus and her ilk.

Not a fan of the tattoo. They're as tacky as a street pimp in a yellow 3-piece leisure suit wearing platform shoes and a big hat with a feather in it.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:09 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,254,763 times
I just really hate tat bummers....

Like...this one friend got a chest tattoo. It looked good as far as tatoos go....at first. She had a chest and now about 10 years later..the lines are all messed up from skin changes. My friend who got a tiny tummy tat in highschool looks so funny post baby. She even laughs at it. (her only one)

The ink they use can have metals and dyes in it. I could see that changing behavior. A friend with color sleeves started to get headaches from the more traditional inks. He finished in the plastic based ones. After they faded a bit so did his headaches...strange eh? Everytime he touches up the red = headaches.

Heavy metal toxicity = behavioral problems.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I just really hate tat bummers....

Like...this one friend got a chest tattoo. It looked good as far as tatoos go....at first. She had a chest and now about 10 years later..the lines are all messed up from skin changes. My friend who got a tiny tummy tat in highschool looks so funny post baby. She even laughs at it. (her only one)

The ink they use can have metals and dyes in it. I could see that changing behavior. A friend with color sleeves started to get headaches from the more traditional inks. He finished in the plastic based ones. After they faded a bit so did his headaches...strange eh? Everytime he touches up the red = headaches.

Heavy metal toxicity = behavioral problems.
Too true. My tattoo artist mixes some of his own (from a powder base) for some colors, and has premix for others.

And as for your friend, if she has any breasts at all it's a bad idea to get a chest tattoo The skin will pull after a few years and distort the image. I wish I could get my chest done, but I'm rather busty so that's not gonna happen. Plus, a lot of people simply don't take care of tattoos properly. Say goodbye to your casual tanning days if you want your tattoo to stay decent. Sun fades the heck out of tattoos, and very quickly.

I have heard stories about red ink, if you google 'red tattoo ink' there are a ton of links on people forming allergic reactions to red ink in particular. They can contain iron, cadmium and mercury, but you can also request vegan/metal free ink as well and most artists will oblige.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:47 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,254,763 times
Yeh..the bad for you reds have the best color too. I really don't care for the plastics...Its like comparing oil paint to acrylics.

Tattoos, Red Ink, and Sensitivity Reactions

I never looked into it because I don't have any. Probably a good thing I don't considering I can't even get away with mixed metal jewelry without a reactions. Uhhh horrible flesh falling off images....yikes.
I wonder if it ever made anyone totally reject the skin it was in.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:26 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,969,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And 90+ percent of people in jail are Christian... Does that mean that if you're Christian you're more likely to become a criminal??

My heavily tattooed friends don't have criminal records... Many are business owners, have families and are pretty much normal. We like an 'odd' ( to some) type of art... Why should that automatically make us criminals??
90%? No way that is correct. Please provide some proof to this percentage. Until then, I'm gonna say there is a 85% you aren't going to find anything because you made it up.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:29 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,884,206 times
I do, in a way, hope they do go out of style. But I think if someone just wants 1-2, then that's fine with me. But a whole body full, UGGGGHHHH!! Or even a whole arm covered is a little too tacky for me.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
90%? No way that is correct. Please provide some proof to this percentage. Until then, I'm gonna say there is a 85% you aren't going to find anything because you made it up.
My bad, it's actually 83%.
The results of the Christians vs atheists in prison investigation.

Honestly, I was just trying to make a point that correlation does not equal causation. Just because you have a tattoo doesn't mean you're more likely to be a criminal.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:25 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,987 times
Completely unbiased, but I have to say I think a lot of people with tattoos have some type of issues. I have a lot of friends with tattoos, from a few, to a lot, and overall, only one guy as far as I know is "normal", but regardless they still have a lot of good qualities.

I personally only have one, but will be getting 2 new ones this spring.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:30 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,083,729 times
What an original idea for a thread. lol.

My personal thought is...MYOB. If you don't like tattoos...don't get them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty