Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2010, 09:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
^Are you actually telling me to be quiet? Really?
Not happening.......

Maybe you should get back in the kitchen and finish that roasted baby sandwich for him.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:52 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Maybe you should get back in the kitchen and finish that roasted baby sandwich for him.
Hmmmmm, I am already barefoot....
Oh, and already produced a bete noire for him.....

Old 05-27-2010, 11:00 PM

378 posts, read 424,474 times
I'm not going to read all the pages on this thread . . . but will throw my opinion into the mix:

It's bizarre, this increasing trend toward males and females getting one tattoo after another . . . like an obsession.

Tattoos are trashy, dirty-looking, and offensive to the skin and body, particularly if you're lucky enough to have good skin and a relatively healthy body.

You could be the most beautiful girl in the world, have perfect skin, healthy hair, a lovely smile, toned body, and stylish clothes . . . but if you have a tattoo, all of that is diminished. It's sad.

And a guy's appearance is NOT enhanced in any way and does not make him more masculine or tough or interesting.

Is this trend, and in so many cases, an obsession, merely an indentity crisis/confusion?

Is it insecurity?

Is it some misguided concept of "expression"?

I don't know, don't especially care, but I DO find tattoos appalling, and frankly, just plain D-U-M-B.

Those who can't seem to stop are like the people who can't stop getting plastic surgery. There are some real mental/emotional issues at play.

And lastly:
This society will soon have generations of wrinkled, sagging, out of shape OLD people with disgustingly wrinkled and sagging tattoos all over their bodies that will not even vaguely resemble the original intended design or form of "expression".

GROSS. YUCK. ICK.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:04 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
And lastly:
This society will soon have generations of wrinkled, sagging, out of shape OLD people with disgustingly wrinkled and sagging tattoos all over their bodies that will not even vaguely resemble the original intended design or form of "expression".

GROSS. YUCK. ICK.
Anyone else understand that 'point' that these people keep trying to bring up with this?

Old people get wrinkly...and?

Millions of people get their hair cut, but the hair grows out and on a good portion of people the hair falls out. But nobody is jumping all over 'people with hair cuts'.

Lots of people work out. Do they think their bodies will hold up forever? Idiots

How about these buffoons who buy socks? My socks get holes in them.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:09 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,406 times
Not too long back I was called hip and trendy for NOT having any tattoos. I found that to be quite funny.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:31 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
I think I have a total girl crush right now, haha.

And in response to TK, I'm referring to what he does when he isn't working. If you don't take vacations, don't waste money, work work work... what do you do with yourself when there isn't really any work to be done? (Do you read - from a library or online? Do you play chess? As compared to just sitting in your apartment/house/whatever.)
Eat, work, sleep, repeat.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:53 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,947,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
Not too long back I was called hip and trendy for NOT having any tattoos. I found that to be quite funny.
I like that. A lot of tattoos are way overdone, IMO.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:02 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,309 times
Quote:
You could be the most beautiful girl in the world, have perfect skin, healthy hair, a lovely smile, toned body, and stylish clothes . . . but if you have a tattoo, all of that is diminished. It's sad.

And a guy's appearance is NOT enhanced in any way and does not make him more masculine or tough or interesting.
I guess he saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" never caught on with you? There's some people who won't give a second look to anyone without blonde hair and blue eyes, and there's others who would prefer to be gazing at ink when they look at their lover. Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean that a beautiful woman with tattoos isn't still beautiful regardless.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:16 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:

GROSS. YUCK. ICK.
Well, desli, some day YOU may be a wrinkled, sagging, out-of-shape OLD person with disgusting wrinkled and sagging skin too. You just won't have tattoos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Anyone else understand that 'point' that these people keep trying to bring up with this?

Old people get wrinkly...and?
Yeah, no kidding. Like tattoos cause wrinkles or something.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:20 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,453,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I know some people will say I'm too conservative. But I think tatoos are trashy. I don't see what is attractive about having colored ink on ones skin. Not to mention the fact that people complain about not having money, yet they're blowing it on tatoos, piercings and other nonsense.

I also tend to think that people who get tattoos, especially those who have a lot of them, have something that's a little off about them emotionally.

Does anyone else, agree? Disagree? I'm sure the people who have tatoos will disagree and most of those who agree won't have them.
Quite simple really , some peoples tattoos represent some significant in their life, other people get them for their own personal reasons.

If you want one get one, if you don't, as simple as that really, just don't go judging people on their tattoos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty