Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 10:38 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times

Advertisements

Yeah, she has got a pretty face, no doubt about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sheesh, I don't know what ya all are talking about, but I find this girl beautiful on this picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 10:42 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,000 times
Old news is old. But to comment on the subject of glamorizing obesity ( because that's what's happening here ) I think it's rather sad. Oh and ....they really should have covered up those cankles.....talk about nasty.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:43 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Think you need to sit back and relax, the re-read my post to get the point I was trying to make.

Thanks
No. Little Boy. You need to find a better way to express yourself. I mean after all. You wouldnt want us to start comparing you to midgets just because you only have a 3 inch weenie would you?

Old 04-07-2010, 10:46 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
She and her supporters should really be a shamed of themselves. She has no business entering a beauty contest because she's not beautiful. Maybe a Miss Great Personality contest would have been more appropriate (providing she has the personality for it). But Miss U.K.? Come on.

I stand by my comment that her entering a beauty contest IS as ridiculous as a special needs kid trying to compete in the Academic Decathlon. Too bad this girl didnt have parents, friends or boyfriend to tell her not to go through with it.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:48 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
I'm going to be perfectly honest. And I do have the right to say something because I'm also not a petite small woman. First of all, that girl IS bigger than a size 16 England or not, she's bigger than what she is saying. Secondly, she says she is healthy, goes to the gym etc. So, I find it hilarious that some people who bash heavier people can't just be "ok" with this.
Take me for example, after I had kids many moons ago, I just never did get back to the size I was, learned to embrace what I did have and worked with it until I was ready to do something about it. Now, I've lost weight, am still on a plan to continue but if that plateaued, I wouldn't drive myself nuts to go smaller. It's true, some of us just are meant to be the size we are.
I am the picture of health. You can ask my doctor. I have no heart issues, no health issues, no out of the ordinary aches or pains, go to the doctor for an annual cold I get and that's about it. Even he has said to me that ordinarily weight would be a factor but when you have a perfectly healthy person - why worry? I am that person.
If I were interested in running marathons perhaps I'd think differently about my body and my weight but, as it stands, I'm very healthy, I am confident and never have lacked any kind of social or dating life due to my body. It just makes me laugh everyone who freaks out when they see someone overweight and assume that the person is on the verge of death or destroying their bodies. Men and women can be healthy at heavier weights. Not all but some definitely can. If a person is happy in their skin, who are we to judge?

Old 04-07-2010, 10:49 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
I stand by my comment.........still ignorant

Old 04-07-2010, 10:52 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I stand by my comment.........still ignorant
How so? Maybe it was offensive to special needs children to compare them to this idiot woman. But I think you guys who have an education get the point I was making.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:53 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
Ok, look people, what LaoTzuMindFu Is trying to say is that, in a sense, the girl in the pictures sets herself up for ridicule by entering the contest in the first place.

She may be beautiful, she may not, it's in the eye of the beholder.
However, she is not beautiful according to society's norm.

Therefore, by flying in the face of tradition, ok, her strategy may work, but it also has a fair chance of going wrong.

She will stand out from the crowd for all the wrong reasons.

Same as all the talentless idiots who enter these pointless and endless TV talent shows.

My girlfriend thinks I'm super sexy, but I think if i entered Mr Universe, I'd be laughed out of town.
The principle's the same.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:54 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I REREAD it........................it's still ignorant
Underscoring your post. How pathetic -- and ignorant -- is it that anyone would be insulted when others call him/her on inappropriate posts about disabled people, yet feels free to make inappropriate posts about "fat" people. Nice.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:54 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I'm going to be perfectly honest. And I do have the right to say something because I'm also not a petite small woman. First of all, that girl IS bigger than a size 16 England or not, she's bigger than what she is saying. Secondly, she says she is healthy, goes to the gym etc. So, I find it hilarious that some people who bash heavier people can't just be "ok" with this.
Take me for example, after I had kids many moons ago, I just never did get back to the size I was, learned to embrace what I did have and worked with it until I was ready to do something about it. Now, I've lost weight, am still on a plan to continue but if that plateaued, I wouldn't drive myself nuts to go smaller. It's true, some of us just are meant to be the size we are.
I am the picture of health. You can ask my doctor. I have no heart issues, no health issues, no out of the ordinary aches or pains, go to the doctor for an annual cold I get and that's about it. Even he has said to me that ordinarily weight would be a factor but when you have a perfectly healthy person - why worry? I am that person.
If I were interested in running marathons perhaps I'd think differently about my body and my weight but, as it stands, I'm very healthy, I am confident and never have lacked any kind of social or dating life due to my body. It just makes me laugh everyone who freaks out when they see someone overweight and assume that the person is on the verge of death or destroying their bodies. Men and women can be healthy at heavier weights. Not all but some definitely can. If a person is happy in their skin, who are we to judge?
Sweetie I sure wouldnt kick you out of bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty