Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 03:35 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times

Advertisements

Are you straight? I'm not trying to be snotty, I'm serious.

You sound more high maintenance than me, and that's saying a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 03:44 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Do whatever makes you feel good. However, be aware that most women I know would not be too interested in a man who is "obsessed" (your word) with his appearance. Might be nice to look at in passing but what it says to me is "self involved". I have known men like that - and they tend to be self involved in pretty much every aspect of their lives. Not a trait I find endearing.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:45 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,947,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Bullets View Post
I am fairly obsessed with my grooming and really don't see it as a problem. I workout 5 days per weeks and use the solarium 2 to 3 days per week although I am very careful to stay in for under 10 minutes and mosturize regularly as well as getting regular mole checkups. I also get the occaissional spraytan. I realise many women may feel this is over the top, I do this because it make me feel good and I can see all the hard work I do in the gym. I also shave my body regularly as well as exfoliate regularly. I am also trying coloured contacts which I wore the other night. They are tricky to put on, I think they look quite good. I used to worry about coming across as to vain, I feel good when I dress well as well.

That all sounds like a major PITA. Way too much work. I work out for health reasons and to look good, but all that tanning and body shaving sounds like a major chore.

I wonder if you're too consumed with what's on the outside, and too little with what's on the inside.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:18 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
That all sounds like a major PITA. Way too much work. I work out for health reasons and to look good, but all that tanning and body shaving sounds like a major chore.

I wonder if you're too consumed with what's on the outside, and too little with what's on the inside.

I need a nap just thinking about shaving my whole entire body, then to moisturize it.

wake me up when its over....................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 05-11-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I need a nap just thinking about shaving my whole entire body, then to moisturize it.

wake me up when its over....................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We seem to agree on this too.

I don't really get why some men feel the need to shave their bodies. To me, that's the most ridiculous part of this whole routine. Maybe I'd try to get rid of hair on my back (if I had it), but the rest of my body hair is just fine.

As for the tanning all the time, it's absurd. It's a great way to get skin cancer, and a major PITA.

I understand wanting to look good, but being that into your appearance seems a bit out of whack.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:50 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Unless you are a swimmer or an avid cyclist, no man should be shaving his legs. Nothing wrong with grooming. Trim excess hair from here and there to keep things groomed, but shaving all your body hair, spray tans, colored contacts, waxing eyebrows or anything else, make-up...way over the top.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:

We seem to agree on this too.

I don't really get why some men feel the need to shave their bodies. To me, that's the most ridiculous part of this whole routine. Maybe I'd try to get rid of hair on my back (if I had it), but the rest of my body hair is just fine.

As for the tanning all the time, it's absurd. It's a great way to get skin cancer, and a major PITA.

I understand wanting to look good, but being that into your appearance seems a bit out of whack.
Yes, I agree with the shaving thing, I am a trimmer myself.
But as far as the tanning, I did, (do) like my skin tan, very tan. However, you are right you can get skin cancer by going to the tanning booths, trust me, I know, I have skin cancer from it and have already had 3 surgeries plus radiation. Not fun.
But the spray tanning once and a while is ok......

Old 05-11-2010, 12:32 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Sorry - but men just shouldn't be that fussy about their looks. Do something else more meaningful in the world that makes you feel good.

Neither should women by the way. Yes they should shave but no Heidi Montag please.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Yes, I agree with the shaving thing, I am a trimmer myself.
But as far as the tanning, I did, (do) like my skin tan, very tan. However, you are right you can get skin cancer by going to the tanning booths, trust me, I know, I have skin cancer from it and have already had 3 surgeries plus radiation. Not fun.
But the spray tanning once and a while is ok......
Sorry to hear about the skin cancer, man. I hope all that treatment works.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the skin cancer, man. I hope all that treatment works.

Thanx bro, As long as I watch it and have it removed as necessary, all is good.

Besides, Evil doesn't die !!!
LOLOLOLOLOLol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty