Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 04:04 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkeyes21 View Post
Yes as in that Portillo's I understand they have others around the country but not sure where I need to review their page.
Other than Chicagoland and Merrillville, IN, I believe they have some in Florida. That's about it, though. My guess is that they'll go wherever there are a lot of Chicago transplants (i.e. SW Florida and AZ).

Old 07-31-2011, 05:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkeyes21 View Post
No doubt, it is the River Valley more. But, if we want any decent shopping, dining or even movie theaters Fort Smith and north seems to be the area to go to find such things. New restaurants do not tend to thrive in this area as people do not like what they are not accustomed to, hence we do the drive. There is a real sweet catfish place in Russellville called Brown's though...very tasty. Actually we are thinking of moving to NW Arkansas, not too sure where exactly, I like Fayetteville myself. Someone told me there are a lot of people from other areas/states up in the NW corner of this state. He stated the locals have been pretty much priced out of the area. I have no idea how correct he is but, considering the boom on growth the area has had and home/rent prices compared to the River Valley area (for example) I tend to think this may be correct. After all, these folks had to come from somewhere. Many of the locals here say it is too pricey in the NW part, but it has good shopping. Being from the Chicago suburbs I can say that the home prices in NW AR are still reasonable compared to the price range we saw back in IL for what you get. Living in the Clarksville area I can equally say the shopping etc... is yes, way better in NW AR.
Clarkscille, like Ft Smith, and the entire River Valley does fall into the NWA geographics, but I think most consider Fayetteville and north as the true NWA. Maybe it is because the life style and attitude in Fayetteville, north seems a little different. I am not saying Ft Smith and the surrrounding areas do not have things to offer and what is right for one person isn't always right for others, but if you have an opportunity to relocate I would suggest you take a serious look at Fayetteville and north.

Nita
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers