Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 11:02 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Okay, thank you.

Crystal Bridges Museum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 11:09 AM

25 posts, read 77,816 times
I just applied for a job there, hope it works out.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:56 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedloser View Post
I just applied for a job there, hope it works out.
good luck, I bet it would be an awesome place to work for the right person.

Nita

Old 08-12-2011, 10:11 AM

They've posted July construction photos. I don't know how they are going to get the construction done, but the museum is really beginning to take shape. Architecturally, it's a work of art.

And entrance to the museum will be free for the first five years.

Crystal Bridges Museum (http://www.crystalbridges.org/Building-the-Museum/july2011 - broken link)

Old 08-13-2011, 03:56 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,176,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They've posted July construction photos. I don't know how they are going to get the construction done, but the museum is really beginning to take shape. Architecturally, it's a work of art.

And entrance to the museum will be free for the first five years.

Crystal Bridges Museum (http://www.crystalbridges.org/Building-the-Museum/july2011 - broken link)

From what I understand from my husband who's employer is doing some of the work there. They will be hard pressed to make it on time (the project as a whole)

Old 08-14-2011, 04:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
From what I understand from my husband who's employer is doing some of the work there. They will be hard pressed to make it on time (the project as a whole)
does anything ever open on time?

Nita

Old 08-14-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
does anything ever open on time?

Nita

Yes. The problem is the fact that engineers and people building such things give usually outlandish completion dates. They fail to take into consideration weather and other delays or just have zero clue what it takes to complete a certain portion of the job thus putting others (trades) behind.

I am sure when push comes to shove they will bring the guys in for some OT in order to get it done by the date.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:51 PM

697 posts, read 1,775,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
Yes. The problem is the fact that engineers and people building such things give usually outlandish completion dates. They fail to take into consideration weather and other delays or just have zero clue what it takes to complete a certain portion of the job thus putting others (trades) behind.

I am sure when push comes to shove they will bring the guys in for some OT in order to get it done by the date.
I'm sure they will. The 11-11-11 opening date is one they've been pushing heavily and it is a unique and memorable date that they probably picked for some PR reasons. That and they've been planning all these opening events around it, so I'm sure that when it comes down to it they'll just have to bring in more people/work more hours to get it finished on time.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard16 View Post
I'm sure they will. The 11-11-11 opening date is one they've been pushing heavily and it is a unique and memorable date that they probably picked for some PR reasons. That and they've been planning all these opening events around it, so I'm sure that when it comes down to it they'll just have to bring in more people/work more hours to get it finished on time.

Its usually par for the course with any construction project...hurry up and wait, or wait and hurry up which ever way you wanna look at it.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM

The opening is getting closer. Because they expect so many people to be coming, they are asking people to order tickets to attend (it's completely free), and you can order the tickets on-line at their website. They also have a sampling on the website of some of the various artwork that will be on display. It's going to be amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers