Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2016, 05:53 PM

79 posts, read 104,389 times

Advertisements

My wife and I bought land in Hot Springs near the Village. We were planning on moving and building there for retirement. But now I have a brother who is in the Medical profession and is moving to Fayetteville and his son is going to John Brown. So I was wondering how much more expensive homes are in Fayetteville then HS and HSV.What are home prices outside of Fayetteville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 05:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireking View Post
My wife and I bought land in Hot Springs near the Village. We were planning on moving and building there for retirement. But now I have a brother who is in the Medical profession and is moving to Fayetteville and his son is going to John Brown. So I was wondering how much more expensive homes are in Fayetteville then HS and HSV.What are home prices outside of Fayetteville?
I think this is the same question you posted on the reg AR thread. I imagine you will get more answers by posting here. I will give you my ideas, but people actually living in Fayetteville may have other opinions. Of course I am a lover of NWA and am so happy we choose to move here for the autumn of our lives.

Yes, Fayetteville is a bit more expensive than HSV and HS but there are so many other small cities, convenient to Fayetteville that are probably less expensive than HSV> We looked at both HSV and where we ended up before deciding on Bella Vista. For what we were looking for property was cheaper in Bella Vista. Now that was 8 plus years ago. What we like the most about living here and I probably sound like a broken record; we have, both the wonderful feel of rural living and yet are just minutes away from every convenience we could want or need.

No, I do not work for the chamber of commerce.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:22 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,048,329 times
I don't live in NWA, but I'd add that you wont only be buying into a NWA home/neighborhood, but also a region with all of the cultural amenities that a major University town like F'ville can offer. HS and HSV don't have those amenities.

I plan to take advantage of universities where ever I live, taking classes as audit or continuing education. I need to put my money where my mouth is. I'm 15 min. from the enormous Arizona State Univ. and have yet to take a class DUH!!

Old 10-20-2016, 05:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
I don't live in NWA, but I'd add that you wont only be buying into a NWA home/neighborhood, but also a region with all of the cultural amenities that a major University town like F'ville can offer. HS and HSV don't have those amenities.

I plan to take advantage of universities where ever I live, taking classes as audit or continuing education. I need to put my money where my mouth is. I'm 15 min. from the enormous Arizona State Univ. and have yet to take a class DUH!!
Shame on you.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:57 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
Doug; There is no SHAME in not trying the Osher classes at ASU in Tempe. Here is a sample:

Strategic and Geopolitical Implications of Emerging Technologies

Under the Tuscan Sun: A Walk Through Italian Culture and Language

Contemporary China

Ruminations on the "Botany of Desire"

Are you interested???

Old 10-27-2016, 08:29 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times
We've been trying to move to NWA for many months now, and in doing research have found homes up there to be pretty reasonable, especially if you venture just outside of the bigger towns into a semi-rural setting, as someone else mentioned previously.

We really love the Fayetteville vicinity especially, as it actually sits among the big, green hills of the Ozarks, whereas the other towns north flatten out onto the Springfield Plateau......at least until you get up to the Bella Vista area and the Missouri border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers