Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you use the Medical Marijuana?
I qualify but will NOT use the substance. 2 8.70%
I qualify and WILL use the substance. 6 26.09%
I do not qualify and will NOT use the substance. 9 39.13%
I do not qualify and WILL use the substance. 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 10:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaple4 View Post
I can understand that people see it as a drug and think it should be controlled; it does have mind-altering affects, has a potential for abuse, can intensify the effects of other drugs, and has little published scientific research. I could understand some requirements to possession (such as tobacco or alcohol) but for it to be flat out illegal is contrary to what I think our Federal government should be doing. If a state wants to say, "this stuff is bad and we don't want any part of it" then the state has the right to limit it.

I also know a lot of people who don't partake in using the substance but voted for it.
what you are saying now and what you said in the beginning seem to be a little different. I am all for states rights, but to enforce a law in states that is against a federal law can be very difficult. If something like pot becomes legal throughtout the country, states would have trouble limiting its use locally. I am not saying i am opposed to legalizing it, I am just not sure it is the right way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 08:24 PM

573 posts, read 586,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Marijuana has been known to exacerbate anxiety symptoms in some individuals.
Yea but it doesn't for me, that's why i said I was disappointed it wasn't approved to treat that. Some may think that is a lame excuse to get approved, but anyone who has had a full blown panic attack can tell you it isn't a laughing matter. I also think it would help with my anger issues, but what do I know. Guess we should stick with all the white pills that give us dry mouth, nausea, and limp %$^& syndrome.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:52 PM

5,362 posts, read 5,136,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I too know this from a personal experience with a family member. My brother, in CA uses it all the time ans is a real mess. I know, not everyone has the same problems and he apparently has an addictive personality but he had pretty much thrown his life out the window; much of it due to 50 plus years of using it. I do expect it to be legal for all within the next 12 or so years. I guess if it is used sensibly like alcolal it is ok, I just hate to see more drugs legalized.
The thing is that for people who are going to be addicted, that pot is the best option, out of other substances to be addicted to. That being said, those who say it's not addictive (aka you can't get addicted to it) are wrong IMO. It just doesn't have the fatality risks that addictions to other drugs have.

What my experience in CO has been is that there's a lot of people who try it and dabble with it, but never really do it very often. I fit into this category. There's a lot of people here that use it, but you wouldn't know and its for something like to ease excessive teeth grinding when their stressed or issues like that. And there will be potheads who are the most uninteresting people ever because they don't do anything and have no experiences, so they are no fun to talk to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
Yea but it doesn't for me, that's why i said I was disappointed it wasn't approved to treat that. Some may think that is a lame excuse to get approved, but anyone who has had a full blown panic attack can tell you it isn't a laughing matter. I also think it would help with my anger issues, but what do I know. Guess we should stick with all the white pills that give us dry mouth, nausea, and limp %$^& syndrome.
I'd probably help anger a little since on pot you get more distracted and are more relaxed. I wouldn't want to take it every day, but I wouldn't want to take a white pill every day either. Pot makes my mouth really dry too though.

I heard claiming back pain is the easiest way to get a medical card because there's no way they can verify it easily and it's hard to deny a person for that.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:12 PM

5 posts, read 5,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
This is true. I knew tons of people who suffered from acute paranoia when they smoked. Very common side effect.
Yes. This usually happens when using a sativa over a hybrid. So look for hybrids. Pure indica can knock you out. Pure sativa creates paranoia and a surge of anxiety often. Hybrids are more calming.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:11 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
I just found out that I am PTSD. I've been pretty quite for a couple weeks after I found out. So I qualify for pot but I won't use it. There are different kinds of depression meds, lexapro and prozac, Celexa.. all of those guys did nothing for me in the past. So this female psychiatrist put me on something on the other side of those meds. I'll look at later and tell you what it is... it also helps to take these meds at night before you go to bed. I take a lot of my pills at night and in the morning, I'm fine. So, I'm introvert with PTSD. ( Yummy and LMAO) Have you ever thought about looking at what makes you angry with a professional? I've had a few panic attacks and they are horrible. Anxiety can bring on a heart attack and anxiety ( I think) is the root of many disorders. I'm also not saying that therein lies anxiety for every single heart attack.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:53 PM

573 posts, read 586,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I just found out that I am PTSD. I've been pretty quite for a couple weeks after I found out. So I qualify for pot but I won't use it. There are different kinds of depression meds, lexapro and prozac, Celexa.. all of those guys did nothing for me in the past. So this female psychiatrist put me on something on the other side of those meds. I'll look at later and tell you what it is... it also helps to take these meds at night before you go to bed. I take a lot of my pills at night and in the morning, I'm fine. So, I'm introvert with PTSD. ( Yummy and LMAO) Have you ever thought about looking at what makes you angry with a professional? I've had a few panic attacks and they are horrible. Anxiety can bring on a heart attack and anxiety ( I think) is the root of many disorders. I'm also not saying that therein lies anxiety for every single heart attack.
Well let me know what works best for you, I know I have tried a couple of those and not had much success or quit because of side effects. As far as the therapist thing, I had a bad one as a kid that kind of turned me off to those people, always gave me the impression they were there to just nod their head and then say, "get over it" but maybe in the future I could look into it. It seems I always make excuses whether it's the money or time to not do anything maybe I should stop procrastinating.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:19 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,131,585 times
I don't currently qualify, but I am glad this law exists should I ever need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
View detailed profiles of: