Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you use the Medical Marijuana?
I qualify but will NOT use the substance. 2 8.70%
I qualify and WILL use the substance. 6 26.09%
I do not qualify and will NOT use the substance. 9 39.13%
I do not qualify and WILL use the substance. 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 01:06 AM

23,238 posts, read 29,085,198 times

Advertisements

Anyone know when they'll be opening the first dispensaries? Let's hope it doesn't go the way of Nevada, where it was voted in in the year 2000, and the first dispensary didn't open until 15 years later!

I'm hoping the authors of the Ballot made sure this wasn't going to happen in Arkansas, and crafted it with deadlines!

Myself, ex-hippie here, I smoked too much of it back in the late 60's/early 70's, and only due to peer pressure, but I never liked the after effects, having little to no energy the next day, and slightly depressed, but if I needed it for a health issue, I would certainly use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 08:48 AM

139 posts, read 137,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Anyone know when they'll be opening the first dispensaries? Let's hope it doesn't go the way of Nevada, where it was voted in in the year 2000, and the first dispensary didn't open until 15 years later!

I'm hoping the authors of the Ballot made sure this wasn't going to happen in Arkansas, and crafted it with deadlines!

Myself, ex-hippie here, I smoked too much of it back in the late 60's/early 70's, and only due to peer pressure, but I never liked the after effects, having little to no energy the next day, and slightly depressed, but if I needed it for a health issue, I would certainly use it.
I know they have 120 days which started on November 9 to figure it out legally and appoint a commission for it.
"Not later than June 1, 2017, the commission shall begin accepting applications for licenses
to operate a dispensary and cultivation facility."

Governer Hutchinson said he didn't like it but it was the will of the people so he wasn't going to fight it.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:56 AM

139 posts, read 137,227 times
There is also this.

"§ 16. Failure to adopt rules or issue registry identification cards or licenses.
If the Department of Health, Alcoholic Beverage Control Division, or Medical Marijuana
Commission fails to adopt rules to implement this amendment within the time prescribed or fails to issue
the minimum number of dispensary licenses or cultivation facility licenses, any person who would be a
qualifying patient under this amendment may commence a mandamus action in Pulaski County Circuit
Court to compel the department, division, or commission to perform the actions mandated under the
provisions of this amendment."

Old 11-16-2016, 02:07 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,545,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlove View Post
I have heard this can depend of the strain of marijuana. Maybe more research can be done on this to maximize it's benefits for anxiety sufferers.
^^^ This. A knowledgeable dispenser can provide some guidance but certainly more research is needed. Now that so many states have legalized MM, we should began to see more peer-reviewed studies.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:28 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,814,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas_Tgirl View Post
She thinks I really do have PTSD and it didn't come from a war it came from a growing up in a domestically abusive household. Watching my mom pull a gun on my dad, having a rifle pointed at me, watching my dad beat up a cop I think at least twice among a lot of other things.

I just don't know if I'll be able to have my concealed carry permit and a medical card at the same time which sucks. I wish I didn't feel the need to concealed carry at all but if its between the two I'm leaning towards the carry permit, maybe they will have it sorted out by then though.
Well, the good news is, if everyone could get off of opiates and go to MM, we wouldn't be so dependent on the middle east. ( you catch my drift) Heck- Seattle even tried the electric car to eliminate our gas usage from the middle east ... so everyone is pitching in!! ( clowning) I'm ex-military but I didn't stay in very long. They were buttering me up ( early 80's) and giving me fast rank but I wasn't going to freaking Korea. ( Maybe I should have at the time but, 14 days on, 2 days off with my MOS equaled bird-doo) I totally understand about dysfunctional families.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 11-19-2016 at 11:39 PM..

Old 11-23-2016, 05:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaple4 View Post
So Arkansas approved (which I think is absurd since we are a "free" country but have to ask permission to handle something that grows naturally) Medical Marijuana for those that qualify. If you qualify, will you seek a doctor's recommendation to use it?
well you may think it is absurd but it is still a drug and needs some controls or some of us feel that way, but that is another story. If I had a condition that was proven to be controlled by the use of pot, yes, I would use it. I don't and I would try other meds first. BTW, I did vote for legalizing it, but that doesn't mean I intend to use it.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes59 View Post
Anyone know the qualifications for the Arkansas law? I have heard that California and Colorado qualifications were pretty much anything near athletes foot, hangnail, or dandruff.
I have relatives in CA including my brother; yes, just about anyone can get it for medical reasons and now it has been legalized period as of 2 weeks ago. I do not remember if I have seen a list of what ailments qualify but it isn't very many.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
This is true. I knew tons of people who suffered from acute paranoia when they smoked. Very commoon side effect.
I too know this from a personal experience with a family member. My brother, in CA uses it all the time ans is a real mess. I know, not everyone has the same problems and he apparently has an addictive personality but he had pretty much thrown his life out the window; much of it due to 50 plus years of using it. I do expect it to be legal for all within the next 12 or so years. I guess if it is used sensibly like alcolal it is ok, I just hate to see more drugs legalized.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:28 AM

231 posts, read 382,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
well you may think it is absurd but it is still a drug and needs some controls or some of us feel that way, but that is another story. If I had a condition that was proven to be controlled by the use of pot, yes, I would use it. I don't and I would try other meds first. BTW, I did vote for legalizing it, but that doesn't mean I intend to use it.
I can understand that people see it as a drug and think it should be controlled; it does have mind-altering affects, has a potential for abuse, can intensify the effects of other drugs, and has little published scientific research. I could understand some requirements to possession (such as tobacco or alcohol) but for it to be flat out illegal is contrary to what I think our Federal government should be doing. If a state wants to say, "this stuff is bad and we don't want any part of it" then the state has the right to limit it.

I also know a lot of people who don't partake in using the substance but voted for it.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:47 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,095,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaple4 View Post
So Arkansas approved (which I think is absurd since we are a "free" country but have to ask permission to handle something that grows naturally) Medical Marijuana for those that qualify. If you qualify, will you seek a doctor's recommendation to use it?

this subject is stressing me out man...call the doctor, I think I'm gonna crash
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
View detailed profiles of: