Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 09:13 PM

4,319 posts, read 4,207,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellacatahoula View Post
Again Henry, I mean no disrespect, everyone must decide the better path for themselves and for our families. I for one choose tolerance not hate. I do not participate with or waste my time with those hellbent on their extremist thoughts and words. If I do....they win. I want to live amongst peaceful, tolerant people who can share ideas, even different from mine, because that's how we get better as a society. Again more people live and prosper in the middle of the road than do those extremists of the far left and far right. Fear makes a person feel they must lash out against those different than themselves.
Be the solution, not the problem.
Peace...
The problem is that the left does not leave anybody alone. The left is like cancer -- it kills, it spreads and it kills some more. It just about killed Europe.

It killed Detroit, which is gone. This cancer destroyed America's California, metastasized into Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado.

Now cancer is spreading even further -- southern states -- Arkansas, Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee.

This cancer isn't a unicorn; it is real. People who spread that anti-American mindset are the tentacles.

I can't tell anymore who is a moderate liberal, or blue dog Democrat. They are gone. All I see is militants, drones, poison. Sorry I don't share your feel-good attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 11:07 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
The problem is that the left does not leave anybody alone. The left is like cancer -- it kills, it spreads and it kills some more. It just about killed Europe.

It killed Detroit, which is gone. This cancer destroyed America's California, metastasized into Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado.

Now cancer is spreading even further -- southern states -- Arkansas, Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee.

This cancer isn't a unicorn; it is real. People who spread that anti-American mindset are the tentacles.

I can't tell anymore who is a moderate liberal, or blue dog Democrat. They are gone. All I see is militants, drones, poison. Sorry I don't share your feel-good attitude.
This post belongs in POC, not here.

I'm a moderate liberal AND a blue dog Democrat who (unlike you) actually lives in & loves NWA and appreciates/enjoys my neighbors of all political beliefs. We're struggling to listen to each other but one thing we ALL agree on it that there's a critical need for improvement in our state when it comes to education and health and economic opportunity. We're just trying to find common ground when it comes to ways to get there.

I don't entirely agree either with the posters you are attacking but at least they're trying to stay on topic and are avoiding personal attacks. You're just spewing hate.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:06 AM

5 posts, read 3,943 times
Default Agree 100 %

Quote:
As many other things, the left has usurped the term. Classical liberalism is nowadays called “conservatism.”
It is the left who does not tolerate dissent. It demands uniformity and lockstep. Being neutral is not an option. You’re either with them, or you’re against them. If you are not as militant as they are - something’s wrong with you. If you’re not screeching their agenda at the top of your lungs — you are a homophobe, racist, barefoot ignorant toothless hick.

Make no mistake — you either embrace them full-throated, or you’ll become too a racist, homophobe, xenophobe deplorable. There is no middle ground. Sorry, but that’s how the left is.

I could not agree more. The epitome of hypocrisy. Their m.o. is bad news. The media is in cahoots so it will likely not change.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:29 AM

383 posts, read 400,387 times
Quote:
Sir with all due respect I disagree with a bit of what you are saying. That person said some horrific things about people she doesn't know. I would call that speaking from where the Sun doesn't shine. I am offended by hate at any level from anyone. So I do understand where you are coming from. But, she is not a liberal, she is an ultra leftwing extremist. IMO is on the same level as ultra right-wing conservatives. Both of those polar opposites are fear mongerers, they feel stronger if they strike with fear to bring you to their level. I can have good conversations with liberals and conservatives alike, but not extremists, they hate everyone not like themselves. We can do better, all of us can. And it's ok to disagree when we know we won't be hated for having our own opinions. We learn far more from people a little different than ourselves if we listen to them and they listen to us. I don't care what anyone's politics is as long as they are civil and show common decency and respect to one another. There are many ways to get to the same place....but I ain't going on the hate highway, and I hope you don't as well.
We all need more friends and less enemies!
Peace...
I could agree with much of what you say. Unfortunately, you fail to notice the far left wing element that has taken over the democrat party in DC and elsewhere. There are currently 24 democrat presidential candidates, most of whom spew unrealistic talking points which are divisive and ignore basic economic principals and basic laws of nature. The congress has been taken over by the same element. The democrat party is no longer the party of which you speak. Prove me wrong by your actions instead of your words. Turn the democrat party into what you speak of. Otherwise, you become just another blowhard that attempts to cover the image of evil with sweet words. At the end of the day, you choose a side. Like it or not, you will choose a side. Voting forces you to choose leadership.

I currently live in Illinois. Take a look at the most recent Illinois legislation and you will see the evil perpetuated by long term chicago democrat autocrats. The darkness is spreading across the land. You either oppose the darkness or you embrace it. I choose to oppose it. You seem to be OK with it.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:57 AM

1,264 posts, read 667,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
I could agree with much of what you say. Unfortunately, you fail to notice the far left wing element that has taken over the democrat party in DC and elsewhere. There are currently 24 democrat presidential candidates, most of whom spew unrealistic talking points which are divisive and ignore basic economic principals and basic laws of nature. The congress has been taken over by the same element. The democrat party is no longer the party of which you speak. Prove me wrong by your actions instead of your words. Turn the democrat party into what you speak of. Otherwise, you become just another blowhard that attempts to cover the image of evil with sweet words. At the end of the day, you choose a side. Like it or not, you will choose a side. Voting forces you to choose leadership.

I currently live in Illinois. Take a look at the most recent Illinois legislation and you will see the evil perpetuated by long term chicago democrat autocrats. The darkness is spreading across the land. You either oppose the darkness or you embrace it. I choose to oppose it. You seem to be OK with it.
explorearkansas, you would be wrong to say that I have failed to notice the far left-wingers. If you had read my posts you would know that I believe them to be extremists. You would also have noticed that I have identified the far right-wingers as extremists as well. IMO neither of these extremists do the people of our nation any good, unless you live a life of hate towards those different from you. You seem to base your words on fear, they may have sucked you in to their web then. If one extremity overwhelms you with fear, you join the other extremity to counteract. This is how most state capitals and D.C. politicians play the game. It gets people out of the center ( moderates) where most of the country truly resides. And I notice that you ONLY call out one of the two extremist-fearmongering branches of politics. So you must believe only left-wing extremists are evil, and that right-wing extremists are all warm and fuzzy? Let me tell you something. If you think these extremists of both sides, hate each other you are very naive my friend. These harbingers of evil enjoy each others company, they drink together, break bread together and behind the scenes help each other. Why? Because they know when the nation tries of one extreme branch they will vote the other extremists into power. They have us chasing our tails and nothing good comes of it for the people of this nation.
I relate this trend to golf. Everyone knows that the best and clearest way to the hole is to stay in the middle of the fairway. Our country's politicians want no part of the middle, they want us to go far right then when we tire of that go far left....so nothing gets done! But there is a benefit to this trend, a huge benefit. Trouble is only the extremists and their $$$$ backers receive the benefits, and us good people, we have to pay for it all! Sweet deal isn't it? They certainly think so.
Oh by the way I notice you called me a blowhard for calling out extremists ( in your words only Democrats are extremists ) on both sides. Again you must be ok with the screwing this country gets from one side and not the other. I despise both evil entities, as should most.
I choose neither side. I vote for candidates regardless of their party, I vote for what they stand for, and who they stand for.
Again if...you read all of my posts you would have gotten my message, which acknowledges that we cannot change all this damage done to our country and our Constitution at once, we failed in our voting for many decades. My resolution is for us to change us first, be the change you want, what this country needs. If someone respects you for that, maybe they join you, and we regrow the heart, soul, and morality of our great nation once again. Or jump on the fear/ hate train and spread more hate, it seems to be a popular thing these days.
Peace to you ...

Old 06-05-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
This post belongs in POC, not here.

I'm a moderate liberal AND a blue dog Democrat who (unlike you) actually lives in & loves NWA and appreciates/enjoys my neighbors of all political beliefs. We're struggling to listen to each other but one thing we ALL agree on it that there's a critical need for improvement in our state when it comes to education and health and economic opportunity. We're just trying to find common ground when it comes to ways to get there.

I don't entirely agree either with the posters you are attacking but at least they're trying to stay on topic and are avoiding personal attacks. You're just spewing hate.
So the left declares us racists, xenophobes, neo-Nazis, deplorables and wants to fundamentally transform us. What are those —loving epithets? The left hates our guts, they don’t even hide it anymore.

We reciprocate, but you jump “hey, don’t spew hate!” You’ve turned this upside down and pretzelized it.

I see no way to disconnect policies / politics from moving into NWA. If you’re gonna talk about a place, how can you not talk about its politics? Politics is determining the economic, social, and demographic aspects. It’s like talking about football, but we can’t talk about the players.

Old 06-05-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
My resolution is for us to change us first, be the change you want, what this country needs. If someone respects you for that, maybe they join you, and we regrow the heart, soul, and morality of our great nation once again. Or jump on the fear/ hate train and spread more hate, it seems to be a popular thing these days...
I work hard, pay all my obligations, am a loving father, loving husband, son. Love my country, served my country, volunteer, don’t bother anybody, follow rules, want law and order, do not want anyone to tread on me, believe in God, have paid my life dues, and so on — what do you want me to change?

Most people I know are decent people like me. So what is wrong with us that you want us to change?

Old 06-05-2019, 11:39 AM

5 posts, read 3,943 times
Quote:
I work hard, pay all my obligations, am a loving father, loving husband, son. Love my country, served my country, volunteer, don’t bother anybody, follow rules, want law and order, do not want anyone to tread on me, believe in God, have paid my life dues, and so on — what do you want me to change?

Most people I know are decent people like me. So what is wrong with us that you want us to change?

Absolutely nothing. It's honestly time for the silent majority to fight back hard. Enough.

Old 06-05-2019, 11:50 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Thanks, I am guessing the person who is so upset decided to relocate here for employment purposes but she did say the COL in Ca drove her here and then we are told how ignorant people are here. Yes, many people relocate for many reasons but expect they can bring their old state with them. They tell us how great someplace they lived was and expect everyone to accept what they have to say Everyplace has good and bd, NWA is no exception. We also know as much about the world as people who have lived elsewhere and chosen AR as their home.

Good luck wherever you decide to go and keep us posted. I am sure you would make a great neighbor.
When people rant on and on about a given area I think it's just because they are unhappy and expected a move would make them happy. My mom used to say "if you're not happy here, you won't be happy there". I did consulting work several years ago and made two or three trips to NW Arkansas and found it to be a lovely place. I'm a native Californian and I'm a democrat. I don't go to other states and discuss politics which I consider to be a really dumb idea, but I wasn't reluctant to tell folks that I'm from California and I was always greeted warmly and I had a great time. I certainly never saw any hints of a KKK presence!

Old 06-05-2019, 11:58 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:

Maybe stop thinking that liberals hate your guts. And stop hating them.

Liberals aren't all that different than you. Most of them work hard. Most of them pay their bills. Most of them love their families, love their country. They serve, volunteer. They are contributing members of society.

They have a different perspective than you. Each of us has a unique perspective. It's frustrating when we run into people who see the world altogether differently, but it's important to try to understand where they are coming from, and it's important for you to try to explain where you are coming from to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers