Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2020, 01:44 AM

3 posts, read 7,009 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a home in Rogers. I read some people on this site said some older areas in Rogers she would avoid. I am a single mother with two young children. I would like to find out which area I should avoid. The home I am thinking about to buy is in a subdivision near Walnut and 28th. I did check neighborscout and areavibes website and tried to find police reports. It looks like 72758 zip code does have the highest crime rate in Rogers. I was not able to find police reports. Would a seclude road in a subdivision makes a difference?

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2020, 04:10 AM

2,706 posts, read 2,207,814 times
Watching! Maybe someone has a link.

We want a safe area plus one that is not all young adults with their families being we are retired.

Old 11-26-2020, 06:36 PM

231 posts, read 380,763 times
I like the area. Older developed trees. Quiet. Variety of homes. There are some less kept homes but overall the neighborhood is nice. Several houses have started to be remodeled as well. I would shy away from Oak, dogwood, and 28th but mainly for traffic reasons.

Old 11-26-2020, 07:04 PM

2,706 posts, read 2,207,814 times
How are the neighborhoods East of I-49 and North of Hwy 102? I am looking at established neighborhoods and not the developer neighborhood.

Old 11-27-2020, 12:46 AM

231 posts, read 380,763 times
Nice. There are some expensive houses back there. Really, until you pass Dixieland you would be hard pressed to find a less desirable area back there. *I must point out that I have not followed what they expect to do with the 8th street off ramp so that may change some things.

Old 11-27-2020, 04:53 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,244,991 times
I can't think of any places in Rogers to avoid unless you get to the rural areas and even those are likely fine.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:17 AM

1,600 posts, read 864,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wl8418 View Post
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a home in Rogers. I read some people on this site said some older areas in Rogers she would avoid. I am a single mother with two young children. I would like to find out which area I should avoid. The home I am thinking about to buy is in a subdivision near Walnut and 28th. I did check neighborscout and areavibes website and tried to find police reports. It looks like 72758 zip code does have the highest crime rate in Rogers. I was not able to find police reports. Would a seclude road in a subdivision makes a difference?

Thanks a lot!

I don't think any area of Rogers is particularly unsafe. NWA in general is pretty genteel compared to say, Springfield, MO, which is a much rougher town than people who only visit occasionally know.

That being said, you have to be careful with generalized crime stats by zip code. If you look at a map of that zip, it starts well west of I49 and stretches all the way to Beaver lake, and covers pretty much the retail heart of Rogers and also a lot of older neighborhoods around downtown. If stats are not broken down by the type of crime, any heavily retail area will juice the raw numbers with petty theft and shoplifting. As a resident, burglary and violent crime are the two stats that are most important.

Old 12-01-2020, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaple4 View Post
I like the area. Older developed trees. Quiet. Variety of homes. There are some less kept homes but overall the neighborhood is nice. Several houses have started to be remodeled as well. I would shy away from Oak, dogwood, and 28th but mainly for traffic reasons.
Thank you! That's very detailed and informative information.

Old 12-02-2020, 10:51 PM

Thank you all very much for your input.

I narrowed down to Chateau Terrace and Turtle Creek subdivision. Houses in Chateau division appear to be nicer. I like the fact that Osage Creek is right by the Turtle Creek subdivision but some houses appear to be a little rundown and it is closer to some apartments and mobile homes. I'd like to do some gardening though. Turtle Creek subdivision might have better soil.

Which division might be a better choice?

Thank you and wish you all had a nice holiday!

Old 12-03-2020, 08:12 AM

1,392 posts, read 1,398,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wl8418 View Post
Thank you all very much for your input.

I narrowed down to Chateau Terrace and Turtle Creek subdivision. Houses in Chateau division appear to be nicer. I like the fact that Osage Creek is right by the Turtle Creek subdivision but some houses appear to be a little rundown and it is closer to some apartments and mobile homes. I'd like to do some gardening though. Turtle Creek subdivision might have better soil.

Which division might be a better choice?

Thank you and wish you all had a nice holiday!

wise choice to avoid close proximity to apartment complexes when possible. we made that mistake one time, never again. google maps is your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
View detailed profiles of: