Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 06:21 PM

12 posts, read 24,775 times

Advertisements

We plan a trip to look at the towns of NWA next week. We’re curious about the current Covid stats. Are many people wearing masks? Are the businesses taking precautions and/or wearing masks? We are vaccinated but will wear a mask during the current variant that is spreading. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 08:28 PM

425 posts, read 507,421 times
Like most of the country, people here are playing the game. All corporate type business follow CDC guidelines and require their employees to wear a mask (or risk being non compliant or lawsuit). Locally owned business owners rarely wear a mask. The majority of the population here are not wearing mask.
However you do occasionally see the lone bicyclist riding alone on a rural road wearing a mask… so use your own judgement

Old 09-02-2021, 08:30 PM

231 posts, read 381,576 times
Some use masks others don’t. I would say less use them than do but depends on location. As I tell my kids, don’t stick your fingers in your nose/mouth/eyes, don’t kiss people on the lips that you don’t know, don’t lick anything, and you will probably be fine…. I’m sure they break most of those requests but they haven’t gotten the covids yet. My kids ate a bunch of dirt and other weird things years past so that might help their immune system.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:38 PM

231 posts, read 381,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvs View Post
Like most of the country, people here are playing the game. All corporate type business follow CDC guidelines and require their employees to wear a mask (or risk being non compliant or lawsuit). Locally owned business owners rarely wear a mask. The majority of the population here are not wearing mask.
However you do occasionally see the lone bicyclist riding alone on a rural road wearing a mask… so use your own judgement
My youngest daughter and I were driving along and there was a lone person walking on a wide trail with a mask on. She turned to me and asked, why is that person wearing a mask when no one is around. Are they afraid the trail will give them a virus? I’m sure several would not find my response funny but I thought it was….

To OP: Anyways, come and enjoy what we have to offer. If you don’t want the risk of getting sick then best advise is to stay home.

Old 09-03-2021, 03:50 AM

12 posts, read 24,775 times
Not all people use a mask to avoid Covid. There are many reasons for using one; it sure does reduce the pollen that gets into the airway!

Old 09-03-2021, 12:15 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvs View Post
However you do occasionally see the lone bicyclist riding alone on a rural road wearing a mask…

Is that dumb, or what?

Old 09-03-2021, 12:17 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnElm View Post
it sure does reduce the pollen that gets into the airway!

Not to mention the oxygen....

Old 09-03-2021, 06:26 PM

28 posts, read 25,198 times
Quote:
We plan a trip to look at the towns of NWA next week. We’re curious about the current Covid stats. Are many people wearing masks? Are the businesses taking precautions and/or wearing masks? We are vaccinated but will wear a mask during the current variant that is spreading. Thank you.
People are pretty good about distancing and mask use in Fayetteville, especially in the downtown area. You can easily find businesses that are being safe and taking precautions, though there are plenty that don't, especially as you get farther from town. I'm vaccinated and still wear a mask when indoors, too You won't get looks in Fayetteville if you wear a mask. It's very live and let live. I haven't been in the other parts of NWA much since delta emerged, so I can't speak to those areas.

Enjoy your trip to NWA! People are so great here!!!

Old 09-03-2021, 06:28 PM

28 posts, read 25,198 times
Quote:
Oh, meant to add one more thing. Some events even request masks when outside, but I'd say it's about 50/50 on whether people wear them. We went to the First Thursday event on the square last night. The tables were well spaced and the vendors wore masks. Most people wandering around had masks, too, but not everyone had them pulled up on their faces. It was super hot, so I get that.

Not sure how much you wanted to know about masking...I'll see myself out b/c I've probably shared more than you were curious to hear. Enjoy your trip, either way!!

Old 09-04-2021, 07:29 AM

1,601 posts, read 867,677 times
Quote:

Masking is not widespread other than the employees of chain businesses "going through the motions." Nobody is going to hassle you though for wearing a mask in Bentonville or Rogers. I myself was sick last week and started wearing one again when going into businesses. I'm vaccinated for what it's worth and went and got a Covid test which was negative so it was just a cold. I'll be the first to tell you I hate masking, but do think that we'd better off if people who are symptomatic of any respiratory illness wore them as a matter of course and I'm more than willing to do that.

I check the Arkansas Department of Health Covid dashboard a couple times a week, lots of good info here:

https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...113a314f6268a/

The Health Metrics tab shows daily cases and positivity rate, and as you can see it looks like it's starting to ease. That's been the case with every surge thus far and since Arkansas was pretty close to first out of the gate with Delta makes sense. I predict that this part of the country will be in pretty good shape in a month, while the rest of the country is dealing with their Delta surge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers