Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 07:28 PM

39 posts, read 76,281 times

Advertisements

I've been reading about chicken smells. So if we move somewhere from Bentonville to Fayetteville, what areas should we avoid? Also, the distance between the two isn't bad...is traffic OK between the two (to live in one town commute to the other?)? What about schools? Any areas have more newer homes than others?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:23 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,861,919 times
I'd recommend living near a KFC, Church's, Zaxby's, A&Q Chicken, Cracker Barrel, etc.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:39 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelalive View Post
I've been reading about chicken smells. So if we move somewhere from Bentonville to Fayetteville, what areas should we avoid? Also, the distance between the two isn't bad...is traffic OK between the two (to live in one town commute to the other?)? What about schools? Any areas have more newer homes than others?

Thanks!
Both areas are really nice, don't worry about the smells, I doubt you will be settling in an area surrounded by chicken odors..Both have good schools as well. Fayetteville won't have as many newer homes nor as many families and is more culturally diverse. Bentonville and Bella Vista are more what one thinks of when they think suburbia. As for driving, yes, the drive from Bentonville to Fayetteville or visa versa is ok. Of course I don't knwo what you consider drivable. From about 7:15 to 8:30am traffic can be pretty backed up both on the highway and the surface roads and the same from 4:30 to about 6pm, but nothing like you see in major cities..It is all relavent. To people who have lived here for many years the traffic is pretty bad, to those who have come from large cities we just laugh..

Nita

Old 03-12-2009, 10:26 PM

39 posts, read 76,281 times
Thanks for the info.

Joebaldknobber - you made me laugh...wasn't sure on your intent though...still made me laugh.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:16 AM

231 posts, read 382,588 times
Fayetteville is a great city to live in! But, what is your price range? Are you looking to rent or own? Do you want a house, apartment, a condo, studio? The best place to live would be in the newer condos off of the Square or Dickson St. (my opinion) or some of the homes in the Wilson Park district. Most of the stuff around East Dickson and up Mt. Sequoia as well.

What to avoid? Because of smells or because of the area? Smells: If you are worried about that just live in the main city area. Fayetteville dosn't really have that problem like some of the other towns/cities. You might if you are near the UofA Agri reaserch park, the fair grounds, North West Fayettville, or far east Fayetteville.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:37 AM

165 posts, read 525,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelalive View Post

Thanks!
The commute between Fayetteville and Bentonville is easy. 20-25 minutes, maybe a few minutes more if your going downtown to downtown.

You'll smell chickens out in the county when you drive by a chicken farm but it's not a prevalent smell throughout the area. There is a mill in Springdale at the junction of 71/412 that puts out a unique aroma on certain days. I think it is animal feed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers