Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 03:32 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times

Advertisements

Senator Larry Craig was visiting Arkansas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 05:57 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Apparently this is a pretty common place for less than the most desirables to hang out. I heard some interesting stories about the place at bridge a few weeks ago...

Wehotex, apparently as I just said, this is a pretty well known stop for this type of thing. You do have to believe the police, suit yourself..Do I get a sense of dislike for them from you? I will add, we are pretty proud of our police dept here in BV.
Nita

You must be kidding, that place looks tame. Gosh, you go over the border into MO it is wonderfully ruraL. I think those guys got lost and was looking for Eureka Springs>

Old 12-17-2009, 06:02 PM

132 posts, read 249,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I've never, ever understood how anyone could get feel compelled to get their freak on in a public restroom. Straight or gay, that's disgusting.
Most the guys who do this are married and in the closet. If it happens, it's because this community has been driven underground for many years, being discriminated against in every way.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:05 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro-Dialin View Post
Most the guys who do this are married and in the closet. If it happens, it's because this community has been driven underground for many years, being discriminated against in every way.
Are we talking about Bella Vista???? My parents live there and they are 80, not to mention their next door neighbor is 90. It looks to me like a senior retirement area. maybe I should go back a read a few more messages but....................

Old 12-17-2009, 06:06 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,359,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro-Dialin View Post
Call me crazy, but I like the thought that the adultery community has been driven underground and discriminated against in every way.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:18 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
Call me crazy, but I like the thought that the adultery community has been driven underground and discriminated against in every way.
You are missing the point. What is driven underground is the men's same sex behavior. Because of societal persecutions against GLBT person's, many feel they have to live in the closet for fear of being fired, assaulted etc.

If the U.S. was as progressive as many other countries then it wouldn't be an issue if someone came out as gay. They would be treated like everyone else and accorded the same rights and protections. Sadly the U.S. is very regressive in its thinking.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:48 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strumpeace View Post
Hmmm. I've never been propositioned by a man in a restroom or anywhere else for that matter.
Be patient. Your dream will come true eventually.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:34 PM

15 posts, read 67,259 times
those men are probably the type that have a wife and kids at home and have never told anyone about their dipping off on the week-ends from home. SMH they should just come out of the closet and stop giving openly gay folks a bad name. i say this because the actions of the 6 men seem desperate.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:34 PM

2,319 posts, read 2,558,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
Six men arrested at Arkansas Welcome Station in Bella Vista for public indecency.

I wondered why they had a disco ball over the middle toilet stall.

It's what they say to us, it's the actions they do. Our undercovers were actually touched several times during this. So these people are pretty bold about what they're doing, it's not like we have to trick them in any way. They just come in there, and do what they normally do.

Deputies Arrest 6 in Bella Vista (http://nwahomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=138022 - broken link)

And your point is...?

Old 12-17-2009, 09:45 PM

2,319 posts, read 2,558,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My feelings as well. Here most of our few cops that we have would rather give a warning than a ticket most of the time...If they arrested the guys, i will have to beleive they had a reason. If not, the jury will decide and then I will say, of the cops "shame on you" I trust the police in small towns more than in large urban cities. There they see so much crap they become very biased and hard...

Nita
You know, I had just sort of "dissed" you in a post...but reading this statement, and without agreeing that we all should just blindly trust police (I like that "trust but verify" statement), I'm thinking that maybe so many of us DO live in cosmopolitan areas we have forgotten (or maybe never known) what is is like to live in a smaller town where people have known each other all their lives. So when you say you trust your police, you may have grown up with them or known them as children, so you have a completely different frame of reference when you make the comments you have made.

While I still don't know just what the OP's point was (trying to stereotype gay men? Who knows), I can also see from your point of view.

It's really a shame all of us CANNOT trust our police departments -- but living here in Dallas for so many years, I have known of SUCH abuse of power -- especially to our non-white citizens...actually much or prejudice toward blacks and hispanics from our police department than what you will find among most people here.

Anyway, I just wanted to address my earlier comments to you -- makes me remember growing up in a small Texas town where it seemed nothing bad ever happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers