Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:26 PM

97 posts, read 142,021 times

Advertisements

I am transferring to U of A and am looking at Pet Friendly apartment in the Fayetteville area. Has anyone had any experience with Jordan Rentals? The prices seem very reasonable, are on a bus route, and will allow both of my boxers. I live 15 hours away in Virginia, so any help would be greatly appreciated until I get out there next month to look at them. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 07:26 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
Higher crime area, heavy drug trafficking. There are new apartments on 15th across from Baum Stadium, might try those along with The Cliffs on Crossover Road, Maple Manor on Wedington and the bypass (I-540) and there are newer apartments next to Maple Manor. Good luck with your search. I would recommend staying away from Leverette, Sycamore area.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:35 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,360,632 times
I don't know what your price range is, but this jumped out at me when I glanced at craigslist:

Gotta Dog? This is the perfect house (http://fayar.craigslist.org/apa/1641628725.html - broken link)

I bet you could get two roomates and have a pretty nice place for a very low cost (when split three ways).

Here are the rest of the Fayetteville listings at craigslist:

http://fayar.craigslist.org/apa/

Old 03-15-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
I don't know what your price range is, but this jumped out at me when I glanced at craigslist:

Gotta Dog? This is the perfect house (http://fayar.craigslist.org/apa/1641628725.html - broken link)

I bet you could get two roomates and have a pretty nice place for a very low cost (when split three ways).

Here are the rest of the Fayetteville listings at craigslist:

fayetteville, AR apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist

I'm definitely going to check that out, just wanted an apartment back up plan just in case. Thanks!

Old 03-15-2010, 10:57 AM

165 posts, read 548,669 times
Don't rent those. I viewed one, and it was literally the worst apartment I've ever seen. Try Maple Manor, they're really pet friendly, and the manager is super nice. Plus, they have an excellent maintenance staff.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug35 View Post
Don't rent those. I viewed one, and it was literally the worst apartment I've ever seen. Try Maple Manor, they're really pet friendly, and the manager is super nice. Plus, they have an excellent maintenance staff.
They're website says they have a 25 lb weight limit.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:27 PM

165 posts, read 548,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashg11485 View Post
They're website says they have a 25 lb weight limit.
If you talk to the management, they'll let you have larger than that. There were some labs and some other bigger dogs there when I lived there. You may have to pay a larger fee, but I know they will let them be there (or they would a year ago).

Old 03-15-2010, 11:07 PM

119 posts, read 346,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Higher crime area, heavy drug trafficking. There are new apartments on 15th across from Baum Stadium, might try those along with The Cliffs on Crossover Road, Maple Manor on Wedington and the bypass (I-540) and there are newer apartments next to Maple Manor. Good luck with your search. I would recommend staying away from Leverette, Sycamore area.

Yeah those student areas are real hellholes.

You recommend the Cliffs? A giant, cookie cutter Lindsey development nowhere near the university.

I'd recommend the OP check the online classifieds and find some smaller, less corporate owners and rent something near the UA (including places near Sycamore or Leverett, if you don't mind walking a bit further), Dickson, or maybe the square.

Also I believe the University maintains info about off-campus housing, and there's an official/semi-official message board about the subject somewhere online.

Last edited by aerotive; 03-15-2010 at 11:20 PM..

Old 03-16-2010, 09:20 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
Well yes they are. I worked in Fayetteville for 10 years, so I know the crime and drug areas.

Yes I recommend The Cliffs. Cookie cutter? Ok, at least they are safe and clean.

I would second Maple Manor also.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:22 PM

730 posts, read 2,254,808 times
I lived in Cornerstone Apartments in Fayetteville. They are another cookie cutter Lindsey apartment, but I found them to be safe, affordable and they are on a bus route. If I remember correctly- you can have pets if you pay a deposit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers