Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 07:14 PM

25,702 posts, read 18,781,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
ChrisC -

Can't rep you at the moment (did one just a while back) - so this ( ) will have to do.
REALLY like the drawings (especially) - and the post was very informative too.

Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamatem View Post
Incredible, really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
My thoughts exactly. Chris, your use of color here to portray the mood is impeccable. Your drawings/portraits are excellent as well. It's a shame I can only rep you once!
Thanks to all of you! It's very rewarding when others enjoy the work as much as I enjoy making it.

That particular "mood scene" with the tree and ominous background/sky especially appeals to me as well. I'm going to have to try some larger works with that dark, somber feel. I get a certain sense of calm and serenity when viewing such "dark mood," stormy skies works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 04:58 PM

And here is the latest in my series of early 20th century female celebrities:

Lillian Russell - stage actress who was extremely popular around the late 19th and turn of the 20th centuries.

This one is done in charcoal. I don't use charcoal very often because it's so easy to ruin a picture. And it's very messy. But you've got to love the darks you can get out of charcoal.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:40 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,736,031 times
Amazing as usual, Chris. Of course I can't rep you again yet.

Here's one I just finished today. I drew the basic design months ago, then forgot about it until recently. Obvious Alphonse Mucha inspiration.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Amazing as usual, Chris. Of course I can't rep you again yet.

Here's one I just finished today. I drew the basic design months ago, then forgot about it until recently. Obvious Alphonse Mucha inspiration.
Very nice. Beautiful design/composition. I could see this as a big stained glass type work as well, which would be fabulous with your color choices and subtle hue/value gradients. Great work!

Old 02-17-2014, 08:03 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,736,031 times
Thank you, Chris!

Old 03-03-2014, 01:03 PM

50 posts, read 81,352 times
An old scupture of mine.

http://instagram.com/p/lF9cbQoJ65/#

Old 03-03-2014, 11:19 PM

47 posts, read 79,478 times
Three tattoo designs I've drawn for contests.

The first one won; the other two didn't.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:41 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,670,168 times
Those are lovely.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:22 AM

I've been very busy lately...

Here are three more from my series of early twentieth century women:

Colleen Moore - pencil (sorry the photo is so crappy and washed out looking; the actual drawing definitely jumps out at you much more than this photo) - Colleen was one of the most popular flapper actresses of the 1920s. She has the distinction of being one the the "big three" from the era, along with Clara Bow and Louise Brooks:

Theda Bara - pencil - Screen actress Theda Bara was possibly the first "goth girl" and one of the first sex symbols in Hollywood. She was popular from the early 1910s through mid 1920s. She was generally cast in rolls of a "wanton woman" or femme fatale, or a dark/mysterious character. Her film characters were best known for breaking men's hearts.

Mary Pickford - pencil - She was a leading lady in movies from just before the flapper era and through the 20s. She went on to become one of the most highly rated actresses of the twentieth century.

And a few more general things...

These two are small pen and ink studies:

This is a color pencil (wax) study copy of a picture I saw on the internet, thought it was cool and had to try it for myself:

And here are two very small studies in gouache on watercolor paper:

Last edited by ChrisC; 03-13-2014 at 11:32 AM..

Old 03-19-2014, 03:12 PM

20,366 posts, read 14,644,040 times
Here's some of my stuff...

Prismacolor markers:

Unfinished Hobgoblin...

For some reason, I actually LIKE him unfinished. He's been this way for years. I know I should paint him, and one day I will...but I'm in no hurry.

This is a giant evil clown head for the Manitou Coffin Races that I built in my garage. We won best coffin, and I got a trophy! The great part is that the girl on our team who had to ride in the thing really hates clowns. So of course I made it so she would be sitting on the tongue of a giant evil clown because...I'm ridiculous like that. We're friends and all, it's just stuff like this amuses me... The tongue was wrapped in plastic in this photo because I was painting and didn't want paint on it, but there is a giant pink fabric tongue under there.

And this is my most recent, acrylics on canvas. Done for a member of the fan community of this metal band I'm really into...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts