Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 08:45 PM

14 posts, read 69,668 times

Advertisements

As long as you have an organic foods store and some sushi restaurants I will be just fine. I'm disappointed there is no Costco but I will get over it.

Since I've got you all here, what is the rental market like in Flagstaff? If I rent a home will I have a tough time finding roommates, or is it pretty easy with all the students moving in and out? Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 09:12 PM

1,112 posts, read 3,999,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelise View Post
As long as you have an organic foods store and some sushi restaurants I will be just fine. I'm disappointed there is no Costco but I will get over it.

Since I've got you all here, what is the rental market like in Flagstaff? If I rent a home will I have a tough time finding roommates, or is it pretty easy with all the students moving in and out? Any thoughts?
There's New Frontiers here in town.. which is smaller than a whole foods and pricier.. and there are a couple good sushi joints. The nearest Costco is about an hour and a half away in Prescott.. But we do have a Sams Club if you need it.

Rentals go pretty quickly here, and I suspect that you'll have no problem finding roommates. Though this might change with all of the new housing NAU is building to open in the fall. May take some strain off the rental market and slow things down a bit.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:18 PM

14 posts, read 69,668 times
Thanks for the information, Cody. New Frontiers will probably do just fine. As long as there is at least one sushi, Thai, and Mexican restaurant I think Flagstaff will do me just fine. I see there is no Vietnamese or Asian market but that is okay. That's what the internet is for!

All I need now is to find a Subaru so I can drive in the snow, and I will be all set :-). I am excited!

Old 04-09-2012, 05:45 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,510,318 times
Finding good Thai and sushi are no problem. Compared to Phoenix, the Mexican Food up here isn't too great (although I enjoy Salsa Brava and Tacos los Altos)

For a city of 61k, Flagstaff is surprisingly diverse. Helps that its a college town.

As far as rain is concerned, we have the monsoon season which can last anywhere from early July to mid October. Avoid looking for rentals in the Timberline and parts of Doney Park since they're really susceptible to flooding. Then again, its so far out of town that you'd probably want something closer anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona