Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 01:35 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,449,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
Can't confirm or deny that. Lets just say that was her deal, and she's my ex for a reason. I felt it was a bit shady, and she was definitely not a licensed agent.
I'd caution anyone to do their research before jumping on any raw land deals, for sure. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
Like the old public service commercials used to say, "Before you move to Rainbow City, make sure there IS a Rainbow City".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 08:36 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,721,398 times
Spent last weekend on my new acre in Valle and it was definitely greener than a month ago when I purchased the property from the recent Monsoon action up there. It's nice to not hear a peep but still be only a mile or so away from the amenities at the 180/64 junction.

Something that doesn't get mentioned that anyone should check out is the Planes of Fame Museum.

PLANES OF FAME - Valle, AZ Location

My only complaint in what I feel is one of the best views of the SF Peaks in the whole state is the cellphone reception. I had to travel to Williams in order to call my wife. This despite there being a cell tower (I think) right near the 180/64 intersection.
Had dinner at the Grand Canyon Inn and was impressed. Nice little bar in the lobby area too. Gotten to know the area pretty intimately over numerous trips prior to purchasing the land and have no regrets. For what it's worth, I get 50% of the oil and mineral rights if I luck out like the Clampett family while doing some target practice.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:57 PM

537 posts, read 740,728 times
The Planes of Fame museum is awesome! Worth a visit or three if you are the head in the clouds type aviation junkie (like me).

What is your cell phone provider? We switched to Verizon after having zero luck with our two previous providers. Verizon was the only one that seemed to work well out here for us. We also mounted two passive repeaters on both ends of the house and had immediate improvement. No more dropped calls. I also put one on my truck.

I had a few decent breakfasts at the Valle spot you mentioned. Friendly servers, too.

Last edited by Canyon Cat; 08-09-2013 at 09:08 PM..

Old 08-10-2013, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
The Planes of Fame museum is awesome! Worth a visit or three if you are the head in the clouds type aviation junkie (like me).

What is your cell phone provider? We switched to Verizon after having zero luck with our two previous providers. Verizon was the only one that seemed to work well out here for us. We also mounted two passive repeaters on both ends of the house and had immediate improvement. No more dropped calls. I also put one on my truck.

I had a few decent breakfasts at the Valle spot you mentioned. Friendly servers, too.
I've been technologically resistant being a product of the 70's and 80's and have had cricket for the past decade.LOL. My roaming coverage works almost everywhere except Valle for some reason. As I said, there is infrastructure there including what looks like a cell tower. Yet I have no coverage and have to drive to Williams to make calls. I flirted with Verizon but found the rates didn't justify my usage and paid the early termination fee. The only bummer up in Valle is the hotel will be closed from January to March since it is a family owned operation as I am sure you know. I intend to be up there one weekend/month for the time being and look forward to seeing the snow capped SF Peaks this fall.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:29 AM

9 posts, read 20,268 times
Seriously, you have to haul your own water in valle? What do the hotels or rental housing do?

Old 10-26-2013, 12:23 PM

24,496 posts, read 26,042,042 times
What motels?

Old 10-26-2013, 12:53 PM

The Grand Canyon Inn right at Rte 180/64 had to pay millions to drill a well over a thousand feet deep to have well water. Everywhere else is water haul as the water table is close to 1500 feet deep. Being a land owner there, that was confirmed by the realtor. There is a water filling area right at the Chevron Station/Visitors Center to fill up.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
What motels?
Grand Canyon Inn and the Bedrock Flinestones RV park offer places to stay in Valle. Dumplin Patch Bed and Breakfast just east of 180/64 on 180 has lodging too. The GC Inn however is family run and closed during January and February but open March through shortly after New Years. It's 30 miles south of Tusayan and lodging is half as much as the Best Western in Tusayan too.$100 a night as opposed to $200 in Tusayan Best Western.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:16 PM

The Grand Canyon Subdivision of 1 acre parcels adjacent to Valle are 95% raw used by people as myself for camping purposes only. If one could drill a few hundred feet deep, it would be way more developed. The area really looks the same as 1988 when I first visited and doubt it will change anytime soon. It's a large level plateau at 6000 feet that would be ideal to develop if it wasn't a water haul region. Ash Fork is much more rugged on the Kaibab Estates and Juniperwoods which are also water haul communities so for level views of the SF Peaks, I recommend owning a piece of Valle. The dirt roads aren't bad at all but recommend 4 wheel drive regardless. Way less stress than when I drove around Kaibab and Juniperwoods when seeking acreage.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:55 PM

Some great pics of my piece of Valle

Valle AZ Pictures - Desert Southwest Living
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona