Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 07:07 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,087,798 times

Advertisements

So... as long as you don't have anything the bad guys want, they won't invade your home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 08:08 AM

537 posts, read 740,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparrito View Post
So... as long as you don't have anything the bad guys want, they won't invade your home?
Yeah, good luck with that, as they say.

Anyone who does dumb stuff makes an easy target. Flashing cash, isolated/unprotected home, ostentatious displays of wealth. I would add "easy" targets, too. The bad guys seldom work alone these days and they don't like to work too hard or get shot. They like single people, feeble, elderly, unaware (headphones anyone?), dog-less, airheads, and possibly firearm-free.

Sedona is a beautiful town with lots of "targets of opportunity". There are scumbags living among us and just outside city limits. If I was a bad guy Sedona would make for ripe pickings. Don't tell the Chamber of Commerce I said that, though.

If I'm not mistaken, the Red Rocks News used to have a Police Report. Now I can't find that. I guess there's nothing to see here anymore, folks, so just move along to Uptown to buy your fudge.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:21 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,937,495 times
I know through my own contacts and experience with law enforcement in Sedona and Coconino County that there is relatively little crime in the area. Almost all violent crime is drug or gang related and tends to be drug dealer on drug dealer or gang on gang. There were some burglaries earlier in the year but I believe the police got the perpetrator.

Professional thieves tend not to target homes which are occupied. Too much risk. The risk, where it exists, comes from amateurs, usually druggies. However, residents may wish to consider that Arizona law provides a justification defense if a homeowner uses deadly force in the event of a 1st or 2nd degree burglary.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:00 AM

849 posts, read 2,924,819 times
Most home invasions are always centered around drugs and cash. And it's usually when you invite questionable people into your home and show them the money, pills, or other narcotics like they are your best buddy. They go back and relay the info to the proper sources who carry out the robbery, then that person that provided the info gets a cut in the form of cash or dope.
This is the case with almost 100% of the home invasion robberies in Florida.
My question is this: now that Arizona has legalized medicinal marijuana, does that seem to invite more crime? I am not sure what the laws are governing marijuana possession and dispensaries, so this is more of an educational question for me. If personal growers are out there, is that going to bring an element into the state that is more likely to be interested in ripping these people off of their money and dope?
I love Sedona, so I am not about to let stories like this keep me from retiring there.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:21 PM

I have a good friend who lives in one of the older upscale developments. Not that there are any "downscale" developments... anyhow, he has a HEDGE of beautiful C. Indica plants in a bed surrounding his patio. 10 plants in all, completely grown outside. He's a card carrier and since there is no dispensary within 25 miles he's legal to grow these for personal consumption. The plants are currently budding. THOUSANDS of dollars worth of bud at 20 bucks a gram. He's had no issues with the PO-lice or any sort of bad guys.
Good thing, he's also a CCW carrier.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:09 PM

138 posts, read 388,247 times
No CCW permit required any more in most cases in AZ. There is a dispensary in Sedona now though. I've never heard of the '25 mile' rule, but I'm not really up on that stuff. Good for him for growing his own though.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:19 AM

Growing for personal use by card holders is permitted if there is no dispensary within a certain radius, I believe it's 25 miles. I wasn't aware of a dispensary in Sedona but see there's one on Jordan Road now. He'd be in violation then if that's the case.

CCWs are still useful for bypassing the BATF paperwork when purchasing from an FFL dealer, otherwise they're pretty pointless.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:42 AM

7,371 posts, read 16,027,772 times
Quote:
I have a good friend who lives in one of the older upscale developments. Not that there are any "downscale" developments... anyhow, he has a HEDGE of beautiful C. Indica plants in a bed surrounding his patio. 10 plants in all, completely grown outside. He's a card carrier and since there is no dispensary within 25 miles he's legal to grow these for personal consumption. The plants are currently budding. THOUSANDS of dollars worth of bud at 20 bucks a gram. He's had no issues with the PO-lice or any sort of bad guys.
Good thing, he's also a CCW carrier.
What's his address? Uhhhhh, I might know this guy.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:26 PM

537 posts, read 740,795 times
Quote:
Growing for personal use by card holders is permitted if there is no dispensary within a certain radius, I believe it's 25 miles. I wasn't aware of a dispensary in Sedona but see there's one on Jordan Road now. He'd be in violation then if that's the case.

CCWs are still useful for bypassing the BATF paperwork when purchasing from an FFL dealer, otherwise they're pretty pointless.
I remember reading a while back that the only difference between a CCW card holder and regular CC is that the card holder is allowed to carry concealed in an establishment that serves alcohol -- so long as they do not consume alcohol. I don't know this for an absolute fact, though. Do your own due diligence.

Personally, I don't pack when entering a gin joint. I'd rather drink.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:37 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,449,524 times
Let's get this thread back on topic, please. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona