Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:23 AM

43 posts, read 165,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Great pictures, and thanks for the update. Glad you're liking page.

Instead of renting is there any chance that you can buy a house? I imagine they're pretty inexpensive out there. Plus the market is at a low right now, so you might make some money when you turn it around.
Thanks kdog, I thought about buying but I don't have a down payment to work with and right now lenders are requiring at least 20% down with perfect credit...my credit is not so stellar

I will keep looking if it kills me, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 01:49 AM

26 posts, read 130,396 times
Sadly home prices in Page are pretty high. Outdoor Magazine, a couple of months ago, rated Page as one of the top ten places to live but put it at number nine. Guess why it was not #1 - housing prices.

Rentals are slim tho there are three apartment complexes in the city. Summer is a tough time as well because of the huge influx of seasonal workers here to handle the tourists.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:48 AM

43 posts, read 165,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherr View Post
Sadly home prices in Page are pretty high. Outdoor Magazine, a couple of months ago, rated Page as one of the top ten places to live but put it at number nine. Guess why it was not #1 - housing prices.

Rentals are slim tho there are three apartment complexes in the city. Summer is a tough time as well because of the huge influx of seasonal workers here to handle the tourists.
I understand and have learned that the hard way, I've already combed the entire town and no dice, I'll just keep looking and hopefully something presents itself

Thanks again.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:02 PM

4 posts, read 10,296 times
There is a lack of housing and rental - there is a lot of new houses coming in though and I hear that some of them are going to be rentals. Page is a cool place to live. Probably one of the coolest we have visited

Old 06-18-2008, 06:58 AM

849 posts, read 2,925,066 times
I plan on moving to Page when I retire. I went there for a vacation last year, and absolutely fell in love with the area. I am also looking at some surrounding areas, including some small cities in Utah. I chose Page due entirely to Lake Powell, since I love jetskiing and boating, and I would be close to great mountain biking spots, plus Vegas is a lot closer than I am to it right now, living in Tampa.
I have been looking into real estate right now, although my retirement is still a long way off. It really is expensive in Page-and looking through Craigslist and other places it's basically impossible to find any rental information. Houses are pretty pricey, but you are getting some pretty nice views and of course, access to a lot of lake activities and other activities. This is not a place for people who are not active- you gotta be into something..hiking, photography, fishing, diving, blah blah blah. There really isn't a lot in Page- but I think it's ideal for a retirement spot.
I need a change- Florida is terrible. The only thing it has going for it is the water- which is nice and warm year round, and the weather (sans the humidity). I lived out in California for 25 years, and have been in Florida now for 16. I have another 15 years for retirement, and I can't wait to bail out of here.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:46 PM

Default Property Lake Powell Style

It's difficult to say where the housing market is going to be in 15 years. There are some things in the works but..

Rentals in Page look to be a problem for some time in the future. There are apartments going up but that is a joint venture between the new Amangiri Resort (which is on the Utah side) and the public. Some of the apartments will be open to the public but they are being built primarily to house Amangiri employees.

There are some 5000 sq foot building lots in Page available now, but still kind of pricey.

Going across the state border into Utah costs are more reasonable. There are some lots in Big Water and a few manufactured homes right now. Church Wells and Clark Bench also look to have good opportunities for ownership down the road and still within 20 minutes of Lake Powell.

Occasionally property pops up in Paria, which has 3 to 5 acre lots and is another 10 minutes away from the Lake.

All in all, Big Water Utah and Page Arizona are the same distance from the main marina, Wahweap, at Lake Powell. While the services are in Page, ownership for many may be more possible out on the Utah side.

Hope this helps some. Cheers!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:26 PM

Thanks Heather, I was looking into Utah as well. I am tossing Sedona into the mix as well, although I have not yet been there. I plan on making a trip out there next year to do some mountain biking.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:25 AM

Rich - Sedona has some rentals but prices there are OUT OF SIGHT for homeownership as well. Unbelievable actually. I just spent three weeks there in April and it is beautiful. The Village of Oak Creek is next to Sedona and very high as well. A little further out - Cornville has more reasonable prices and is only 20 minutes from downtown Sedona.
Cheers!

Old 07-07-2008, 01:09 PM

Thanks!

Old 07-25-2008, 03:32 PM

10 posts, read 31,986 times
Airflores -

Maybe try something outside of Page, toward Kanab??? I think Greenhaven is the name of one but there's more developing that's been going on out that way. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona