Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 02:04 PM

43 posts, read 165,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Thanks to you and J760 for the picture kudos.

Not sure on the best cell service. I have Verizon, which has been rated best national coverage in the past. I don't recall having any problems with the service there, but I didn't make a lot of calls.

Good luck with your move and pleased keep us apprised on progress. It would be nice to actually get feedback from somebody who's relocated to Page, unlike most people who simply abandon their thread never to be heard from again.
Thanks kdog, I will keep the thread going, I'm leaving for Page this coming weekend and will report to everyone

Have a great weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 04:52 PM

24,506 posts, read 26,051,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airflores View Post
Thanks kdog, I will keep the thread going, I'm leaving for Page this coming weekend and will report to everyone

Have a great weekend!
Good for you. I think many of us would like to have someone posting regularly from the Page area.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:02 AM

26 posts, read 130,407 times
Just found this thread - am wondering how trip to Page went for Airflores....

I am just outside Page in Big Water, Utah. I work and shop in Page. I am also a Real Estate agent in both Utah and Arizona so I handle pretty much everything from the Paria River to Page - about a 30 mile stretch out here in the desert. As a side note am also a musician and work at a local restaurant during the summer playing for the tourists!!

If y'all have questions, go ahead and ask and I'll do my best to answer. If I don't know, I'll tell ya that too LOL

mod cut: removed link

Am covering all sorts of things including some of the ancient ruins, as this was their real estate at that time! Am blogging also about the proposed Lake Powell Pipeline - a rather hot topic.

The good news for the week - the lake is on the rise. About 4 inches a day. That should jump up by the middle of the month. Don't know if we are going to get to the 18 inches a day we saw in the 80's but hey, we can always hope! Lake Powell is expected to rise 50 vertical feet between now and July 4th. That is an amazing amount of water!

Cheers!

Last edited by scirocco22; 05-19-2008 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: See Heather's profile for link to blog. Links to blogs not allowed on the forum. Thanks!

Old 05-07-2008, 07:13 AM

713 posts, read 2,719,390 times
^^ That is so great to hear Heatherr. I have been interested in Page as well but have never visited. The pictures posted on the thread are beautiful. I hope to come and see for myself next year.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verynicebecky View Post
^^ That is so great to hear Heatherr. I have been interested in Page as well but have never visited. The pictures posted on the thread are beautiful. I hope to come and see for myself next year.
Becky - Thanks so much. I posted some more photos today of Antelope Canyon. I am thinking of starting a photo gallery of some sort on the site - but have to find the time... the time.... the time.... oh wait, i already said that. Good luck on your vacation plans - it is much better in person!

Old 05-08-2008, 07:36 PM

Kdog-

Great shots you took - what kind of camera did you shoot them on??

Cheers!

Old 05-08-2008, 08:44 PM

13,233 posts, read 21,855,739 times
Hey, thanks Heatherr. Pics were taken with a Canon 20D, and 10-22mm lens.

Page is such a wonderful place, and I envy you for living out there. Here are a couple of more pics, just to keep the thread going.

These underground chambers and passage ways are truly inspiring...

You've seen the Gargoyle before, right?

My buddy doing his best monk imitation in a light shaft...

His friend...

And yeah, these are all natural light (as I'm sure you know). But they're timed exposures of 30 seconds or more (except for that last one) because the light is so sparse.

I probably have a few hundred more, if folks are interested.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:17 AM

713 posts, read 2,719,390 times
Love the pics, ty!

Old 05-19-2008, 07:30 AM

43 posts, read 165,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherr View Post
Just found this thread - am wondering how trip to Page went for Airflores....

I am just outside Page in Big Water, Utah. I work and shop in Page. I am also a Real Estate agent in both Utah and Arizona so I handle pretty much everything from the Paria River to Page - about a 30 mile stretch out here in the desert. As a side note am also a musician and work at a local restaurant during the summer playing for the tourists!!

If y'all have questions, go ahead and ask and I'll do my best to answer. If I don't know, I'll tell ya that too LOL

mod cut: link removed

Am covering all sorts of things including some of the ancient ruins, as this was their real estate at that time! Am blogging also about the proposed Lake Powell Pipeline - a rather hot topic.

The good news for the week - the lake is on the rise. About 4 inches a day. That should jump up by the middle of the month. Don't know if we are going to get to the 18 inches a day we saw in the 80's but hey, we can always hope! Lake Powell is expected to rise 50 vertical feet between now and July 4th. That is an amazing amount of water!

Cheers!
Hi Heatherr, I got to Page on Wednesday and I have to say after crossing into Utah from Hwy 15 coming from Vegas I was astounded at the beauty! The drive from St. George, Colorado City, and Kanab was one of the most beautiful drives I have ever taken.

I have been so busy I haven't been able to update the forum, but I find myself in a Motel in Page and unable to find a home to rent.

I have one more week to find a place and if I don't I won't be able to get my family out from California, I'll be up the river without a paddle, lol...but hopefully after my training today I can comb the town again in the hope of finding something, but they tell me you will never see a for Rent sign here, homes are scarce....

I will try to download a pic or two if I can figure it out

I will update the forum also.

Everyone have a super great day!!
Attached Thumbnails
PAGE, AZ: Relocating from So. Cal (Job Transfer)-100_3665.jpg   PAGE, AZ: Relocating from So. Cal (Job Transfer)-100_3662.jpg   PAGE, AZ: Relocating from So. Cal (Job Transfer)-100_3664.jpg  

Last edited by scirocco22; 05-19-2008 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: quotation edited.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:53 AM

13,233 posts, read 21,855,739 times
Great pictures, and thanks for the update. Glad you're liking page.

Instead of renting is there any chance that you can buy a house? I imagine they're pretty inexpensive out there. Plus the market is at a low right now, so you might make some money when you turn it around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona