Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 05:12 PM

89 posts, read 300,189 times

Advertisements

Care care~ I also second that what you wrote was a good post!

nowanna~ have you thought about praying about this situation? I'm not sure what your religious views are but, i know that in any situation with my fiance when i am going one way and he is going the other way if I pray about it we get our answer, just remember.... where one door closes another will open.

I do think that maybe your husband sounds like my ex, he could never stay in the same place for to long. Maybe you guys aren't speaking the same "language" -read the 5 love languages to find out what i'm talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 08:05 AM
g3x

1 posts, read 2,841 times
Default to carecare

do you have children? wondering about raising small (elementary age) children there? your take...

Old 09-09-2008, 12:24 AM

442 posts, read 554,640 times
carecare, you are spot on!

Old 09-09-2008, 09:42 PM

Location: Honolulu, Hawaii 14 1/2yrs. Raised & 7yrs. *Just moved back to mainland the Arizona area wrong area
35 posts, read 356,146 times
NoWannaMove,
I can clear this up in a nut shell for you. Don't move find another state, you're right Arizona isn't it. I just moved from Honolulu, Hawaii due to finding better medical services under medicare out here in Flagsaff, AZ. Hawaii wasn't effiecient enough after 7 long yr's abruptyly stoping my life then. I came from the white collar & the blue collar professional world and I'm a female. I again abrupty moved to seek better help & thought Flagstaff would be kind of neat. Been through the area as a child. As an adult don't do it or to your family. You mentioned you came from, "currently live in a small, wealthy city in Florida." That there say's this isn't the place trust me. The state hasn't progressed enough- It's all that you said & more. Somethings wrong w/these white people out here. American Indians surpressed people but mind there own business. As soon as I try some of there medical services after getting help from the local people & at the bars-It got better. The people that work in goverment services here they can really give a Sh-t, they so lazy & into themselves & really nice going nowhere it's frightening. Look for another state to move to. I am as soon as I can.
I do product development & research & trend analysis. This is a very supressed state with an illusion slowly but surely moving forward but they really have no direction. If you want to live mek & mild & do nothing but rot & shrivel away go for it. I've been to some nice & wholesome towns, but they're retirement communities. What you're say
trust me this isn't the state for you & your family, "currently live in a small, wealthy city in Florida."
I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide to do - You'll need it
I didn't not have a good transition w/move or merchadise or alot of the people here. Nice but really not the brightest so you spin in circles with these people & the white people are nosey as heck- But my lifes an open book anyways
Alot of broken down has beens trying to regroup here.
Like I sugg. don't torture your family once was enough moving for his dream twice. I think it's you're move to be fair.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:50 PM

china doll~ you didn't have to say "white people" you could have just said people.... where i live that can be considered a "hate crime" if you are racist like that, being "white" I take offense to what you said.... i wish you the best of luck in Flagstaff for the short time that you are there

Old 09-10-2008, 01:01 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,374,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codasgirl04 View Post
china doll~ you didn't have to say "white people" you could have just said people.... where i live that can be considered a "hate crime" if you are racist like that, being "white" I take offense to what you said.... i wish you the best of luck in Flagstaff for the short time that you are there
I agree with codasgirl, China Doll. There are many good people here in Arizona, and if you by some strange fortune happened to have a bad experience (we all have!), that shouldn't be a reflection on an entire town, city, or state.

There are bad apples in every crate!

Old 09-10-2008, 01:06 PM

13,315 posts, read 21,948,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by China Doll Me View Post
the white people are nosey as heck
Yeah, you gotta watch those nosey white folks in Flagstaff -- always wanting to know if you're having a nice day.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:02 AM

Location: Honolulu, Hawaii 14 1/2yrs. Raised & 7yrs. *Just moved back to mainland the Arizona area wrong area
Just to let you know- I call it as I see it kid's. That's my job/career to be detailed about all races & places & things. Good apples & bad apples it's like a toy works for some & not for others & color, some call it a toy & some call it a piece of ****.
Just to let you know kids in Hawaii they call the white people Haoles other places I've been they call you White Crackers, ******'s, Oaeky from the Scokey, Rednecks. Aristocraticly & poosh they can call you Caucasian, but not if you don't act like one. **** you're government form say's white for christ sake. You two," codasgirl04 & Zoney Poney & whoever else. You need to be more worldly get out & see the world or quit watching that crap tv programming, it's tainting you're brains. Am I in a looser debate team feel my needs group. I think it's my all girl school w/out religion lounge or lunch conversation-pathetic.
Duuuu I guess these post are actually that helpful debates of rationalization or information. You guys are better than Psychologist you're free. Like I said there are tons of outsiders & messed up people out here in Arizona healing in one way or another . The local born Arizonians are pist that other states are tainting there area but at the same time progressing it. In the good or bad depends on how you look at it. But some of the local born are dying to leave but have no money so there stuck home bound doing the same thing day in day out or job to job w/a little welfare program inbetween. Unless you inherited some dead grandparents or folks money which alot of you did & that's why you're here also in this arizona area. Or you can't make it in the metropolitan area because you're thinking is off.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:51 AM

glad that you see it that way china doll, it's funny how people think.... and i've seen enough racism in my life.... but this is not a debate on racism, just give the woman reasonable advice.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:11 PM

Nowannamove - Sorry didn't read all the post when I posted 1st post. My wireless is poor out here for Apple & the so called resort area I live in-let's not go there,that's a nother story.
In you're field of work/career it would be great for web-designing if you're good, they need the help. There are some great writers that are out here. It's an easy slow paced area-energy is different out here. Marketing consultant depends in what specialty. You know how that field goes everyone wants to talk up a storm & get ideas but don't want to pay. You seem to come from a visual & caring & wanting to help oriented career type of fields. You see tons of feeling sorry-wanting to help out in this area to make it stronger. But again you need to be paid. RN & school don't know. It seem's that all states are taking traveling nurses from other states. There trying to find decent RN's but the way this traveling RN is going you'll never know there on 6mos. to 1yr or 3yr. contracts & moving on to other areas. I was told Flagstaff Medical Center was good. That's the place or smaller practices up in that area. Yoga again if you're good you're in like flin.
Don't get me wrong I thought this area would be great also but it really hasn't changed since I was a kid they have no real direction. Town of Flagstaff progressing but need's alot of pragmatic help with future vision to expand from rebuilding old to new.
They boy's I would suggest wait til they graduate or leave them behind with someone & they can catch up or they go to college somewhere after high school. While you & hubby move on for his 2nd. dream.
What abt. your dreams??? Compromise finish RN school & boys out of school & then move. See if they'll hold off a year or two for his job. Trust me they need alot of help out here with some actual real brain thought processing
Still I could think of alot better places to move. I just wanted to try something out like everyone says, the Arizona area has alot of potential growth. We just don't want to do that much backwards back work. Pulling this state up out of a suppressed hole. They really aren't educated or well rounded but for the most party there really nice people or I guess they can be but that's alot of therapy out here. These people definitely have some issues that are utterly stand offish. They can't handle reality. And it's called stand in line like all the other states are trying to find good therapist to come into there states at a decent price. They need to get this **** off welfare or atleast partial & up & going to feel self worth. Having more kids is not going to resolve the problem other than they don't want to work-that's BS.
There are some good post but I know exactly what you're talking abt. reg. moving to a new area cold turkey but you have an entire family to worry about not just yourself.
Again best wishes-You'll need it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona