Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 05:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Have some heart. She says she has a terminal illness.
this is sad, but her attitude is almost unbelievable...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 07:34 AM

329 posts, read 1,276,738 times
Quote:
Have some heart. She says she has a terminal illness.
Kdog, sorry you are correct she does say she has a terminal illness and I should take that at face value. My mistake. Thanks!!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:15 AM

13,214 posts, read 21,842,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolgirl51 View Post
Kdog, sorry you are correct she does say she has a terminal illness and I should take that at face value. My mistake. Thanks!!
I don't know how you could have missed it.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I don't know how you could have missed it.
I can see how she missed it, just read all China Doll has babbled on about.

I just finished reading or trying to anyway her ranting on the board about leaving Hawaii. She would never be happy anywhere, in fact I wonder if she is a real person or someone just playing around.

First she talks about medicare, then says she is 40 and working full time. My understanding, you receive medicare when you turn 65 unless you are completely disabled. If she is able to work, she would not be on medicare at her age. She has this great job but can't spell or write? I am not criticizing her inability to spell, I certainly am a horrible speller, but I do have to wonder where she really is coming from.

Just read her other posts, if nothing else I am being entertained..

Old 09-24-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can see how she missed it, just read all China Doll has babbled on about.
It was sarcasm. I of course realize how difficult it was to spot that piece of data in her stream of consciousness. She did say it however, and I think we should be nice to her. I don't think she's any different than many folks we see around these forums who make moves in search of a better life, and then find that the move has only made their lives worse. Those are the folks who bitterly trash their cities and blame them for their woes.

Last edited by kdog; 09-24-2008 at 10:50 AM..

Old 09-24-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
It was sarcasm. I of course realize how difficult it was to spot that piece of data in her stream of consciousness. She did say it however, and I think we should be nice to her. I don't think she's any different than many folks we see around these forums who make moves in search of a better life, and then find that the move has only made their lives worse. Those are the folks who bitterly trash their cities and blame them for their woes.
I thought it was..

Old 09-24-2008, 12:18 PM

2 posts, read 4,173 times
Default OMG what is wrong with you people?

I'm sorry, all that woman wanted was input on what Flagstaff was all about, and other than I think two posts (and mind you I read or tried to read all 90+ posts) you all went off on different tangents...be it marriage advice, child rearing or whatever...not exactly what I thought this site was about. I also hoped to gleam some idea of what the area was about.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali annie View Post
I'm sorry, all that woman wanted was input on what Flagstaff was all about, and other than I think two posts (and mind you I read or tried to read all 90+ posts) you all went off on different tangents...be it marriage advice, child rearing or whatever...not exactly what I thought this site was about. I also hoped to gleam some idea of what the area was about.
no, that is not what she was seeking, she was seeking sympathy. She wanted us all to see her side of it. Had she simply asked, what many thought but she went on a tangent about how dirty Flagstaff was, how her husband was a dreamer, how she couldn't get a job, but then later says she has clients all over the country and works out of her home, etc, etc.

Nita

Old 09-24-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali annie View Post
Then try doing a search in the forum for threads on Flagstaff. There's a gazillion posts on it with tons for information, pro and con. This thread is a particularly poor example to start with because it's more of a marital issue than anything to do with Flag per se.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,173 times
Thanks kdog, that is exactly what I did....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona