Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 06:39 AM

73 posts, read 136,485 times

Advertisements

need some moving tips...
me and my wife right now live in ocala fl and 150% hate it
now we want to move but where?.... we like beach but west coast or east.. we like city but jaxs tamp miami to big... we like country but not to much country we like a nice north fl burbs.. any hints that would be very close to everything shopping food stores beach low crime areas... and want to rent 900-1300 a month also we need a single family or town house we have no kids .. orlando is way to crazy no way .. any tips
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 07:11 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,984,073 times
I used to live in the mid-section of the state also (Seminole County) and wasn't a fan either.
I felt as though I could have been in South Georgia and not known the difference....it just doesn't feel like Florida. You might check out Palm Coast, which is a nice blend of suburban and country. It has most conveniences that you would want nearby and is very safe/low crime. It's also close to the beach (Atlantic side) and a half hour north of Daytona if you need an airport, a major medical center or things you can't find nearby.

3BR+2Bath+Den/Office***House for Rent***Palm Coast FL 32164 (http://staugustine.craigslist.org/apa/1814804677.html - broken link)
Section W New House: 3beds+den/2/2 (http://daytona.craigslist.org/apa/1812032562.html - broken link)
Matanzas Woods New House: 3+den/2/2 (http://daytona.craigslist.org/apa/1812020228.html - broken link)

Old 07-23-2010, 08:28 AM

3 posts, read 6,412 times
i want to move to fl soon. i just dnt know where to go. i moving from new jersey. i used to live in palm coast back in 1998 i left due to my fam. i have my own family and i want a very good school for my child. im looking into either daytona or orlando. not a place to expensive in rent.

Last edited by monkey78; 07-23-2010 at 09:50 AM..

Old 07-23-2010, 10:00 AM

191 posts, read 633,280 times
sarasota

Old 07-23-2010, 01:50 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Ormond beach

Old 07-23-2010, 04:59 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,932,345 times
I second the recommendation for the Sarasota area.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:36 PM

3 posts, read 6,778 times
would you pick sarasota over port charlotte and if so why or why not....thanks so much....nk

Old 07-28-2010, 12:39 PM

32 posts, read 57,493 times
Default my pick- Jupiter

I have scoured Florida for the best combination of beach,good schools, activities, great atmosphere ,close to metro areas (but not that hectic) and Jupiter wins .

my other runner ups were boca(nice but a little snooty in places) and sarasota(too mid west laid back ish)

We are moving with the three kids to Jupiter this fall. Its also not as hot on the est coast within a couple of miles of the beach if that means anything to you.

we are originally from NJ so the east coast typically wins out over the West for NE ners.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:51 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasandre View Post
I have scoured Florida for the best combination of beach,good schools, activities, great atmosphere ,close to metro areas (but not that hectic) and Jupiter wins .

my other runner ups were boca(nice but a little snooty in places) and sarasota(too mid west laid back ish)

We are moving with the three kids to Jupiter this fall. Its also not as hot on the est coast within a couple of miles of the beach if that means anything to you.

we are originally from NJ so the east coast typically wins out over the West for NE ners.

Reading tons of post daily I find this to not be true at all. The majority of those who move from the NE end up on the Gulf Coast side from Tampa down to Naples. At least that is my take on what I have read from tons of post.

Midwesterners are laid back? Then what are the NE?
Most, not all, NE people tend to be overly aggressive and rude in my opinion.

The most important thing for someone is to spend foot time in the towns on your list. What some believe may not be what you see in person.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:51 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,372,321 times
I'm a native northeasterner (now living in Florida) who lived in the midwest for 5 years and the rudest people are in the midwest. They've a way about them, a way of saying excuse me that equates with "Get out of my way!"

This said, no one here can tell you where to live. What do you like? Ocean breezes, boating, that sense of being able to look across the ocean and feeling no bounds? Sunsets? Gulf Coast living? Sorry can't elaborate on the Gulf Coast because I'm unfamiliar with most of it.

We live in Vero Beach and I can tell you we feel safe, the beaches are uncrowded and beautiful, there's shops and restaurants but there's a serious lack of sophistication here though the slick Vero Beach Magazine would have you think differently. The pluses for the area are that we're not too far from West Palm Beach, Orlando, or Melbourne if you need a city fix. We've got horsey neighborhoods, expensive coastal neighborhoods, and everything in between. There's no perfect Florida 'Eden'. They all have their pluses and negatives. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida