Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2011, 09:12 PM

7 posts, read 24,993 times

Advertisements

What is the best scene for living and nightlife for a 27 yr old single male?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 09:53 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times
Gay, straight, swings both ways?

What are your nightlife interests? Fist pumping at the club? Having a poetry reading at a coffee shop? Drinking a bottle of fine wine at a fancy lounge?

Are you planning to move permanently? Is this for a vacation?

Details are important

Old 03-18-2011, 06:34 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times
Hands down Fort Lauderdale/Miami....forget Tampa, most boring place on the planet.....aside from beautiful beaches, everything else needs a lot of work.

Hollywood is small...and more residential...

Old 03-18-2011, 06:58 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Hollywood is small...and more residential...
Hollywood is smaller (150K population) and is ideally wedged between Ft Lauderdale and Miami. It has it's own scene (less attitude and more laidback), but might be what the OP is looking for.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:58 AM

I am straight, 27 yr old single male into fitness big time...i do love my house music (WAY before the jersey shore came out!) so fist pumping is pretty important. I do plan on moving to one of these areas mid-june the latest. I like sick sports bars too as well as a nice pllace to bring a date. What areas have the largest 20-mid-30's crowd for living and nightlife??? I will be moving here alone from upstate NY. Hot girls/woman and the fist pumping lifestyle are def a necessity and of course, easy going, easy to meet people that are willing to welcome in a new face to the town/city

Old 03-18-2011, 07:05 AM

Maybe im wrong but from what i hear ft lauderdale can break ur bank??? MY resources also do not live there so thats why i figured this site would be the best bet for me and what im looking to accomplish. is ft lauderdale generally a safe area? what parts are affordable without being too far away from life? Thanks so much people its just been difficult trying to find out what is what thru the internet. My current job doesnt allow me to travel as free as id like too b/c of crazy hours (car sales sucks!) so unfortunetly i wont have too much time to head down and check it out for myself, at least not for another month or 2. Im also a certified fitness trainer so i wil be attempting to do that while going back to school online! Any nice apt's or streets that apt's are on that i should be looking @ or into??

Old 03-18-2011, 07:19 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
If you're focused on Ft Lauderdale check out the Oakland Park area. It's safe and affordable, yet still close to everything.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:41 AM

awesome, thanks for everything kyle and all others giving me your input!

Old 03-20-2011, 01:52 AM

501 posts, read 1,881,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo01 View Post
I am straight, 27 yr old single male into fitness big time...i do love my house music (WAY before the jersey shore came out!) so fist pumping is pretty important. I do plan on moving to one of these areas mid-june the latest. I like sick sports bars too as well as a nice pllace to bring a date. What areas have the largest 20-mid-30's crowd for living and nightlife??? I will be moving here alone from upstate NY. Hot girls/woman and the fist pumping lifestyle are def a necessity and of course, easy going, easy to meet people that are willing to welcome in a new face to the town/city
Based on this post, I think you would find happiness in the Tampa/St Pete area, as this area would be most similar to what you're used to. Yep, everything you're asking about.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:36 PM

191 posts, read 632,594 times
ft lauderdale no doubt aabout it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida