Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 06:36 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times

Advertisements

I don't know if there is anything you can do about the neighbors yard. Try calling 311 from a land line in Miami-Dade ask them. They may send you to Team Metro Miami-Dade County - Neighborhood Compliance (http://www.miamidade.gov/compliance/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 08:05 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,167,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbshif View Post
We live in South Miami, and as much as I try getting rid of any potatoe vine I see growing on our fence, it comes from our neighbors side and they don't do anything about it. Is there a local government organization I could contact that would send them a letter regarding this problem.
I'm having the same problem. And I doubt you'll get much help from the city. The local agriculture office or U of Miami Ag dept. might be a better bet.

After asking The Garden Rebel
at a home show how to get rid of them, an audience member replied: "Napalm." This vine laughs at commercial weed killer. Vince's advice was to dig the potatoes up by hand, which we did, and it took forever.

They've been out of my yard for about 5 years, but are now encroaching over the fences from both my neighbors, as well as some new growth in my yard. (Guess we didn't get all of them!)

The Virginia Creeper is spreading and taking hold in my yard, as well.

I can't dig up my neighbors' yards and I hate using chemicals, but I'm going full force before these two invasive vines eat up the neighborhood.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:07 PM

7 posts, read 7,617 times
Simple solution , just contact with your housing society Administration , just write them a letter regarding to your problem , it is there duty to accomodate your problem .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: