Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2007, 06:33 AM

5 posts, read 13,294 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My name is Nikkia and my husband lived in orlando in rosemont specificallyfor a few short months. We will be moving from Michigan and I don't want to move there I'm afraid to move to florida but he won't consider anywhere else.
I need to find a job I currently work as a scheduler in a doctor's office and am trying to go about finding a job online can you give me some direction. Also I have three children 2 boys one girl 3,7,8 what's are the schools like?. He doesn't care where in orlando we move he also mentioned winter park.
I need a little help here.

Last edited by nikkim; 07-12-2007 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: forgot to input a question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 06:38 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Try to locate in Seminole County if you're primary concern is schools.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:21 AM

Thanks for the advice but my concern is not just schools but overall safety. Not to mention employment, I don't want to move to an unfamiliar area, and neither do I want to move to an area where my husband and i being black could be a problem.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:59 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Again, move to Seminole County....

Crime tends to be lower, good schools, there are jobs but it's also an easy commute to Orlando. In Central Florida it's the best place to be IMO.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:42 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
Default Hmmmm

I agree with the Seminole county...BUT.....
If you have to choose between Rosemont and Winter ParK, I would choose Winter Park. For both crime and schools.
I live in Rosemont but as my children are grown I don't have to be too concerned about the schools but if I was, I would choose Winter Park schools over Rosemont any day.
The color of your skin won't matter in any part of Orlando.
Winter Park also has a hospital and many Doctor's offices in and around the area

Old 07-16-2007, 09:12 AM

thanks very much so what about the weather another of my primary concerns

Old 07-16-2007, 10:00 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,641,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkim View Post
thanks very much so what about the weather another of my primary concerns
Hot and very humid most of the year, very nice during the "winter". Not too many hurricanes hit this area (although a couple have in the past few years), but even so, they are not direct hits like living on the coast.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:37 AM

8 posts, read 81,011 times
Welcome to Florida, Rosemont offers Edgewater highschool, Winter Park should offer Winter Park high school. Winter Park is a better high school and yes a better rated school district. Crime in the apartments in Rosemont has experienced an increase that is currently being addressed, unfortunately that is what happens when you get bad management that is more concerned with filling units (cash flow) versus people and homes. The home owners of Rosemont have a homeowners association that has banded together to try and curb crime, we walk the neighborhood regularly to try and prevent crime, and as you are aware you can't be everywhere at every moment. Sometimes people get by you, but that problem has decreased significantly. The police have taken an active role in the community and it does show. If you are worried about being a black family in our community, please don't. Just be welcome to your new home and community. Have a wonderful new fulfilling life in our beautiful growing town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida