Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 08:45 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippinturtle View Post
I'm going to Key West in November for 4 nights. I'd like to know if there's a bar/restaurant that must be visited. I'm thinking cheaper eats, local fare, laid back. Ideas?
Matthessens 4th of July is a good restaurant, they have grilled cheese sandwiches, hot dogs (a foot long), hamburgers, ice cream shakes, root beer floats, ice cream and awesome cookies.

Website to the restaurant- Key West Restaurants - Mattheessen's Key West, All American Food and Dinning in Key West Florida

El Siboney is delicious. It's a cuban restaurant and I recommend getting the Palomilla steak with yellow rice and black beans and putting lime juice on the steak. They give you a big plate of food so you'll want to take some home.
website- El Siboney Restaurant - Cuban Food: Home Page (Key West, FL)

Big Johns is a pizza place. They have probably the best pizza in Key West and delicious bread rolls. Big John's Pizza and Subs ~ The best New York style pizza in Key West (http://www.bigjohnspizzakw.com/bjp/default.asp - broken link)

If you like bar-be-que food, I suggest eating at Daddy Bones. Very good food. I went about two years ago, but they did give me a big plate of food.

El Meson de Pepe- very good Spanish/Cuban restaurant. It's located right near Duval street and right next to Mallory Square. http://www.elmesondepepe.com/

If you want to eat at a chain restaurant, we have McDonalds, Wendy's (two of them), Burger King (two of them), TGI Friday, Domino's Pizza, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Checkers, and Outback. We used to have a Chili's about 8 years ago, as well as a Dunkin' Donuts but most recently, our KFC and our Taco Bell closed down.

Last edited by 90sman; 06-25-2011 at 08:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 12:05 AM

163 posts, read 316,407 times
Quote:
I'm going to Key West in November for 4 nights. I'd like to know if there's a bar/restaurant that must be visited. I'm thinking cheaper eats, local fare, laid back. Ideas?
Walk duval street. key west is tiny..everything in walking distance.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:31 AM

I forgot to add Jack Flats. It's a bar/grill kind of a restaurant. They have big screens that they play football on, music, and beer, etc. It's on Duval Street.

Jack Flats - Google Maps

And Finnegan's Wake is good too. It's an Irish pub restaurant.

finnegans wake key west - Google Maps

Old 06-26-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecofancy View Post
Walk duval street. key west is tiny..everything in walking distance.
Yes, but when it's hot outside (like it is right now) it gets tiring to walk, it's just more convenient to use a car.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:36 AM

253 posts, read 201,846 times
Wow, thank you for the recommendations! I'm definitely going to check some of those out. But no chain restaurants for me, lol.
Does anyone know how much it is to rent scooters? I've never done that before, it sounds fun. And also bikes.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:49 AM

629 posts, read 1,721,045 times
Quote:
Stop at Don't place for a drink while you're down there. You can play bag toss and ping pong at the outdoor portion of the bar while having a nice cold one. Key West local Bar, liquor Store, Tiki Bar - Dons' Place

Old 07-08-2011, 01:56 AM

6 posts, read 19,893 times
I like the place, too!!!!

Old 07-09-2011, 09:41 AM

8 posts, read 90,966 times
I would suggest NOT to use a car for eating out/drinking in downtown Key West. Parking is horrible. You can rent a bike for 12-20 dollars a day, and they're fantastic to get around in. I'm not sure how much scooters are to rent..

Old 07-09-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen82070 View Post
I would suggest NOT to use a car for eating out/drinking in downtown Key West. Parking is horrible. You can rent a bike for 12-20 dollars a day, and they're fantastic to get around in. I'm not sure how much scooters are to rent..
You sure are right about that. It's a fricking pain trying to find a space to park in. Just last week, I went with some family to a restaurant and we drove around for probably 10 minutes trying to find a space. Thank gosh parking is ample in the new town section of Key West. lol

Old 08-03-2011, 10:19 PM

104 posts, read 240,522 times
How is it going Sunny-Days. Haven't heard anything from you is a while. How are you setteling in? Any new adventures, beach trips and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida