Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 07:36 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
LOL.Rick Scott seems great, he wants to eliminate taxes on businesses progressively through 2016, he'll save Florida's economy !
That would be terrible with his Democratic opponent..Imagine : +66% for income taxes, + 45% for business taxes, as in Illinois !
Thank God it's Rick Scott
What good will that do when there's more people moving out than moving into Florida because of low paying jobs, high home insurance(S) premiums and going up and that's if one can purchase it, bad services getting worse for example that he's cutting monies that go to programs for people with developmental disabilities and by doing what he's doing he'll most likely levy higher property taxes on ordinary citizens.

The tax dollars have to come from someplace and just "trying" to eliminate taxes on businesses won't do it and or make up enough of the differences in state tax dollar receipts IMO.

You people need Chris Christie, but he's my governor so............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 07:40 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,566 times
Quote:
LOL.Rick Scott seems great, he wants to eliminate taxes on businesses progressively through 2016, he'll save Florida's economy !
That would be terrible with his Democratic opponent..Imagine : +66% for income taxes, + 45% for business taxes, as in Illinois !
130 posts in like two days all slanted political BS. You have no creditability, you are just a political stooge. do you even live in Florida.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:43 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
Quote:
By 2016 we'll be 2 years into a new governor's term and taxes will be going back up for business and back down for the slaves who work for them in the State of Florida.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:47 AM

27,196 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Just because they were bought out recently doesn't automatically make them a mainstream news organization. They aren't on the level of CNN, MSNBC or Fox

AOL hasn't been relevant since the late 1990s
When exactly did Fox become mainstream?...I mean really.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:01 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
AMEN Kyle, I only watch American Idol (sometimes), and Gordon Ramsay on Fox since they have more credibility than the news department over there.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:43 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I don't watch them myself. I prefer CNN. MSNBC is the liberal version of FOX, and I really can't stand either of them. I find CNN to be the most balanced (and surprisingly, NPR, although it sometimes has a slight liberal slant)

That being said, FOX is supposedly the most popular cable news network by the numbers

Old 04-01-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
I don't watch them myself. I prefer CNN. MSNBC is the liberal version of FOX, and I really can't stand either of them. I find CNN to be the most balanced (and surprisingly, NPR, although it sometimes has a slight liberal slant)

That being said, FOX is supposedly the most popular cable news network by the numbers
There are reasons for that. Much like Rush Limbaugh, they give it away. Small stations mostly in the bible thumping areas they just give it away and that produces numbers. In reality though the numbers for any of them is small and mostly perching to the choir so they are not really spreading any message except to the already initiated.

While a popular Fox news show may have 2 million viewers, Judge Judy does 7 million everyday. And forget about Dancing with the stars, that is like 30 million. If you asked the average person about something said on Fox news or MSNBC they would not have a clue what you were talking about. People who are political animals find this stuff interesting and may think everybody is like them, but most are not.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:41 PM

37 posts, read 49,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
There are reasons for that. Much like Rush Limbaugh, they give it away. Small stations mostly in the bible thumping areas they just give it away and that produces numbers. In reality though the numbers for any of them is small and mostly perching to the choir so they are not really spreading any message except to the already initiated.
You Libs on this thread crack me up.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-30-2011/87777

Old 04-01-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyreno View Post
You Libs on this thread crack me up.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-30-2011/87777
Nothing different there from what I said, Fox averaging around 2 million viewers. The others around half. Half of what though, practically nothing. By the way, did you notice the number of households Fox is in on your link? Do you wonder how it got in all those homes?
And as i said, many are from providers in the sticks where it is given away. In other words, if I have a magazine I wanted to say I have a million circulation and I print a million magazines and distribute them to doctors offices for nothing, (done all the time by the way to get higher advertising rates based on circulation). Do I really have a million circulation?

Fox is only watched by Fox zombies as is MSNBC by their own zombies. Where as something like Saturday Night Live can actually impact the average American viewer. Far more powerful. That includes Letterman, Leno, Stewart and heck, even the View for that matter. Sitting around telling zombie stooges what they want to hear such as Fox and Msnbc does doesn't do as much as you may think. Ask the average American to the next day to quote Beck. Now ask them who was on Letterman. Political junkies flutter around in their own world of self delusion and importance.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:53 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,740,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Political junkies flutter around in their own world of self delusion and importance.
Uh...helloooo?!!!

Here's an interesting article:
Deep cuts proposed in Senate budget bill - Florida Legislature - BradentonHerald.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida