Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 05:32 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,248,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin from Tampa View Post
Again, I have to ask....why would one move here if one wants those things???

Anyone who doesn't know that there are no mountains in Florida is, frankly, an idiot...and if mountains are important to you, why would you move to Florida?

And seasons...if having red leaves on the trees, and snow matters to you...again....why move to Florida?

Man, this thread is like a pandora's box of things that irritate me about transplants...every time I open it, another bunch of crap flies out...here's another...Florida HAS SEASONS.

Are they like in Massachusetts? No, but if you've been here a while, you know how to recognize them.

And yet another thing about this thread that is pissing me off...the very title. "What about Florida makes EVERYONE want to leave?"

EVERYONE wants to leave Florida? Really?

Sheesh.
Dont let it **** you off. Their just answering the question that was origionally asked.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:00 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,774,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Dont let it **** you off. Their just answering the question that was origionally asked.
Ken, it's the same old thing on CD. People who don't like transplants, don't like anything negative posted about FL will ALWAYS come right to a thread where there is anything remotely negative posted, and go mental on everyone that doesn't like something about FL...

Old 06-27-2011, 06:48 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
Just because someone states negatives does not mean they are bashing. Every state has some. Many don't want to hear the negatives which is also going to cause problems. Or they don't want to look at what may not work out for their situation. You have to be realistic.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:51 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
There is a huge difference between a negative and a falsehood.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:52 AM

Is it only FL or the southern united states?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Florida does have seasons. Hot and not as hot...

Old 06-27-2011, 06:54 AM

What can you do? some people are just unhappy souls and it wouldn't make a difference where they lived, they are still going to be unhappy souls. They had good reasons to relocate and relocation did not solve their problems. They were looking for something, didn't find it so it must be the State they live in that is the source of their discontent, at least in their minds.

Quote:
Again, I have to ask....why would one move here if one wants those things???

Anyone who doesn't know that there are no mountains in Florida is, frankly, an idiot...and if mountains are important to you, why would you move to Florida?

And seasons...if having red leaves on the trees, and snow matters to you...again....why move to Florida?

Man, this thread is like a pandora's box of things that irritate me about transplants...every time I open it, another bunch of crap flies out...here's another...Florida HAS SEASONS.

Are they like in Massachusetts? No, but if you've been here a while, you know how to recognize them.

And yet another thing about this thread that is pissing me off...the very title. "What about Florida makes EVERYONE want to leave?"

EVERYONE wants to leave Florida? Really?

Sheesh.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:56 AM

817 posts, read 2,251,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Just because someone states negatives does not mean they are bashing. Every state has some. Many don't want to hear the negatives which is also going to cause problems. Or they don't want to look at what may not work out for their situation. You have to be realistic.
Do you read the Florida sections of CD? It IS bashing.

If you read my post above a little, I say that most of admit that Florida is not perfect.

It's hot and muggy in the summer.

It's not as culturally rich as some other large cities.

Tourist season can be annoying.

There are others.

The complaints I tire of are the ones that are of the "it's better where I used to live" nature, or that are just outright falsehoods. Those posts are almost invariably bashes.

There are posters here who state the negatives but say they still like it, and they manage to do it in a way that is not annoying. Then there are the posters like the one who said you can't get fresh seafood in Florida.

Those are the ones I wish would just go away.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:38 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
By nature of the original question it was bound to set off arguments. It asks for people to name things that Florida lacks and then calls the transplant's original state "home."

However there is at least one person on the Florida forum that continues to bully anyone that disagrees with his perspective. There are things I love about Florida and things I could do without. I will always have ties to it due to family and a daughter who is a native and very proud of that fact. But these personal attacks on anyone that dares mention something they didn't like about Florida is against the Terms of Service. So is the constant changes in fact.

This is a forum. When someone asks what it is like to live in an area then people have to the right to give their opinion. Disputing someone's facts is fine. Twisting what people say or constantly changing around their own life story to persuade is not within the spirit of the forum.

This isn't a place to grind axes or further one's own interest. It's not suppose to be about arguments. It's a way for current and former residents to impart their experiences; the good, the great, the bad and the very ugly.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:56 AM

So long as what is posted is correct and accurate, great. But when people come up with broad commentary that is simply not factual, that requires rebuttal.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:00 AM

That's transplants for ya! All had solid good reasons for coming here and then post obviously slanted "information" after they leave!

Florida is not what they were accustomed to so it must be Florida that is at fault for them.

Positive rebuttal to those who post incorrect information is usually met with even wilder commentary and more mis information.

Any person posting a rebuttal is stamped "cheerleader" or told they are nasty, rude, or worse.

If you came and left, good for you. But why keep coming back to spread mis information or juts plain nastiness?

Quote:
Do you read the Florida sections of CD? It IS bashing.

If you read my post above a little, I say that most of admit that Florida is not perfect.

It's hot and muggy in the summer.

It's not as culturally rich as some other large cities.

Tourist season can be annoying.

There are others.

The complaints I tire of are the ones that are of the "it's better where I used to live" nature, or that are just outright falsehoods. Those posts are almost invariably bashes.

There are posters here who state the negatives but say they still like it, and they manage to do it in a way that is not annoying. Then there are the posters like the one who said you can't get fresh seafood in Florida.

Those are the ones I wish would just go away.

Last edited by Spring Hillian; 06-27-2011 at 11:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida