Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 07:15 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times

Advertisements

Went to Anna Maria Island. Gosh, still as beautiful as I always remembered it and we had a total blast.

Water was perfect and we enjoyed something we have not seen in a long time.

DOLPHINS playing in the water!!!

Old 07-17-2011, 08:30 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Went to Anna Maria Island. Gosh, still as beautiful as I always remembered it and we had a total blast.

Water was perfect and we enjoyed something we have not seen in a long time.

DOLPHINS playing in the water!!!
Wow, thats kind of a long drive from the central FL area just to spend the day.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Wow, thats kind of a long drive from the central FL area just to spend the day.

Well worth it! You must not like the beach.

We love the beach and will be heading to Clearwater in a couple days for a day and next weekend we plan on heading down to Ft Lauderdale area for a weekend.

Are you always so negative about everything?

Actually it is not that far from me. I am not in north central Florida.

Heck, we were at New Smyrna Beach a couple of days ago on the other coast.

We love the day trips so we can take in a lot of stuff.

Up at 5 am in the morning to head to Webster Flea Market.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:03 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:

We love the beach and will be heading to Clearwater in a couple days for a day and next weekend we plan on heading down to Ft Lauderdale area for a weekend.

Jeez, you indicated in another post on this thread that you were in the central FL area, pardon me for thinking you were!
And for the record, no, I am not negative about everything here in FL, people should be realists, though, and not think that everything about being here is a day at the beach, we have some very serious problems here that are not just going to go away by ignoring them.
I've lived here for 21 years, and know that things dont get better by ignoring them, or by being facetious about them.
Glad to know you were at Smyrna, its my cracker husbands fave beach, at least it is when the sharks arent there.
Good luck in Webster, as its supposed to be VERY hot tomorrow.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:03 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Quote:

Get all that stuff done while the kids are out of school. It wont be long.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:17 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post

Isn't that the truth! I hate it when school starts back up again. Family trips begin to only occur on long weekends. Great news is, that our new home will be closer to Tampa. We'll finally get to check out the Lowry Park Zoo, The MOSI, Big Cat Rescue and Florida Aquarium. Both places I think we'll enjoy. It'll also be nice that Busch Gardens/Adventure Island Waterpark will be only 20 minutes away since we're season pass holders.

I've noticed we don;t go to Busch Gardens much during the summer. It's hot and full of tourists, so the lines are long. But man! Once school starts up those lines shorten up a ton.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:09 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Isn't that the truth! I hate it when school starts back up again. Family trips begin to only occur on long weekends. Great news is, that our new home will be closer to Tampa. We'll finally get to check out the Lowry Park Zoo, The MOSI, Big Cat Rescue and Florida Aquarium. Both places I think we'll enjoy. It'll also be nice that Busch Gardens/Adventure Island Waterpark will be only 20 minutes away since we're season pass holders.

I've noticed we don;t go to Busch Gardens much during the summer. It's hot and full of tourists, so the lines are long. But man! Once school starts up those lines shorten up a ton.
FK, are you moving?

Old 07-18-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
I know we are out and a bout every day doing things.

This morning we hit the Webster Flea Market and then headed over the Clearwater Beach which was fantastic. The sunset was stunning and the water was great. The beach walk is nice and the area is looking better then ever.

I will have a few pictures when I get time to download them of our travels.

Break time tomorrow to do some unpacking and then we are thinking of heading over to Cocoa in a few days.

So far our move is paying off, we are having a blast and doing a lot of things.

The area I picked turned out to be perfect for us and as I expected the never ending things to do here in Florida has us running our butts off but well worth it.

We even took time a couple days ago to drive by the new Lego Land in Winter Haven to see how it is coming. Sign said it will be done in Sept.

Trying to get as much in as we can before school starts but will have the weekends to do a ton of things also.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:15 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
FK, are you moving?
Yup, buying a house in Northdale/Carrolwood area. Should be closing within a month. Just in time to get the kids enrolled. Love the area we are in now, but able to buy so much more in the area we are moving to. SUPER EXCITED to be out of a rental house and into our own home which is significantly larger.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:00 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Yup, buying a house in Northdale/Carrolwood area. Should be closing within a month. Just in time to get the kids enrolled. Love the area we are in now, but able to buy so much more in the area we are moving to. SUPER EXCITED to be out of a rental house and into our own home which is significantly larger.
That's a good area of Tampa. Have had friends through the years in that neighborhood. Convenient to lots of good things without the huge price tag.

Good luck in your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida