Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 07:46 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times

Advertisements

To me the issue is that the Governor will probably make a couple bucks of taxpayer money for every test completed. Just like the detention of illegals in Private Prisons most of these Republikaaner Laws turn out to be as phoney as those gold coins they sell on TV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 09:00 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Are you implying someone in govt is corrupt?

You must be a domestic terrorist. Don't have a camera do you? Funny t-shirt or bumper-sticker?

Speaking of imprisonment if are a domestic terrorist, cause we say so, then we can imprison you indefinitely btw.

Fine day to be an American, huh?

Old 07-04-2011, 04:35 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
To me the issue is that the Governor will probably make a couple bucks of taxpayer money for every test completed. Just like the detention of illegals in Private Prisons most of these Republikaaner Laws turn out to be as phoney as those gold coins they sell on TV
Would you make the same statement if a Democrate was in charge?

So to you Obama is the biggest receiver of getting bucks for the health care bill...just using your statement to show how dumb your statement is!

Old 07-04-2011, 05:12 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,016,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Positive test takers don't get a refund for the cost of the test. Why should they?

You really think drug abusers don't have money?

Please don't insult Floridians who are doing something about freeloading drug abusers.
Wow... I really overlooked that. Long day. However, I still refuse to stand behind anything Scott has done.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:08 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Would you make the same statement if a Democrate was in charge?

So to you Obama is the biggest receiver of getting bucks for the health care bill...just using your statement to show how dumb your statement is!
Excuse me, how many BILLIONS was Scott CONVICTED of defrauding Medicare of while he was taking the 5th Amendment 73 times, for a new indoor record. Republican or Democrate he is a thief.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:52 PM

45 posts, read 67,238 times
I usually don't like regressive politics, but people doing drugs will know they're gonna fail the dang test and so they won't even bother wasting their $20 when they could just get another hit of crack. The lines at the food stamp office are gonna be getting shorter every month.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:52 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anti CPA View Post
I usually don't like regressive politics, but people doing drugs will know they're gonna fail the dang test and so they won't even bother wasting their $20 when they could just get another hit of crack. The lines at the food stamp office are gonna be getting shorter every month.
Now they will just break into more homes and steal from people.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:18 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,425,270 times
I do not like the guy at all. I am in favor of saving the Gvt some dollars though.
I know of folks who are spending welfare money on drugs..
So let them drug test.. and any ape can read the test.
what I worry most about is companys getting alot of cash for a simple color change in a test strip.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:55 PM

79 posts, read 308,395 times
We just moved here from Ohio and I guess somehow they give out adds that are just like check cards. They can e used at restaurants, retail, etc. I am a bartender and always notice the picture or bank names while waiting for the credit card to process. I noticed a new on and usually that means out of state and its a conversation piece...so i made a comment asking her where the card was from, what bank. She stalled and basically said, yeah well, I probably shouldn't be using it here...makes me seem like a bad mom. I then realized it was one of the state cards. She spent $100 on her tab because she bought her five friends rounds of drinks. WITH HER GOVERNMENT MONEY.

I understand hard times are hard...welfare can be embarrassing. But I was raised by a mom on welfare and you do what you have to do. One of my good friends is a single mom of three and is on welfare and uses her money strategically to buy whole, healthy and organic raw foods for her family to cook from scratch. No processed junk either. Is she embarrassed by using them? Yes. But she understands its a necessity and is working diligently and slowly is almost able to come off the assistance. What's more embarrassing, not being able to eat or having assistance?

I had an extremely rough life and that's why i started working at 14 to help pay family bills. Not to mention, it built my character and now I am 25 and have traveled the world and owned my own business. But that didn't come without working 2-3 jobs at a time. My family worked TOGETHER to come off assistance as soon as possible and thats how it should be. I agree...if I have to take a drug test for my legal job where i am working hard and paying taxes, then the free money they are receiving should also be drug tested. If they aren't clean, the money they would normally get should be spent on their state mandated drug rehab. Also, i think they should do random drug tests throughout to continue receiving assistance. Anyone can clean up for a brief period of time.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:29 PM

45 posts, read 67,238 times
Ever heard of food stamp night at Wal-Mart? The last night of every month certain stores get real busy at 11:00 P. M. That's because people know their EBT cards will get updated with fresh money at midnight, so they start shopping at around 11:00 P. M. By the time they're done shopping, their card is ready and they can check out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: