Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 09:18 PM

135 posts, read 293,553 times

Advertisements

I am staying at The Islander Resort on 3161 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach. The lady at the front desk said that there is a spot on the beach for dogs a few miles up (she didn't know anything else about this).. does anyone know where this is? Also does it cost anything and what about parking? Any information on this would be appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 01:31 PM

A lady told me White House Point Park. Does anyone know the address?

Old 07-23-2011, 11:54 PM

501 posts, read 1,883,100 times
Smile Pet Friendly Beach

Dogs are not permitted (legally) on the beach in Daytona Beach. If a County Beach Patrol officer catches you, get ready for a big ticket fine.

The only place I'm aware you can take a dog on the beach in this area is the Ponce Inlet County Park (NOT the Lighthouse Museum), at the Southernmost end of Atlantic Avenue in Ponce Inlet (about 8 miles).

There is a specific parking area and beach there (ask when you enter for directions and rules), and your dog must be on a leash while on the beach with you. I have also heard that retractable leashes are also NOT allowed and will be inspected by gate staff on entry. You must pick up after your pet. The entry fee (I believe) is $3, but the government is changing everything daily.

The front desk at your hotel (or tourist info in lobby) should be able to tell you up-to-date info on the Park, fees and directions.

I'm also aware of free Dog Parks in Port Orange and Holly Hill, but they're not on the beach.

Last edited by daytonadewd; 07-24-2011 at 12:07 AM..

Old 07-24-2011, 03:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
How about north of Ormand beach?

Maybe something on google may help
Google

Old 07-25-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonadewd View Post
Dogs are not permitted (legally) on the beach in Daytona Beach. If a County Beach Patrol officer catches you, get ready for a big ticket fine.

The only place I'm aware you can take a dog on the beach in this area is the Ponce Inlet County Park (NOT the Lighthouse Museum), at the Southernmost end of Atlantic Avenue in Ponce Inlet (about 8 miles).

There is a specific parking area and beach there (ask when you enter for directions and rules), and your dog must be on a leash while on the beach with you. I have also heard that retractable leashes are also NOT allowed and will be inspected by gate staff on entry. You must pick up after your pet. The entry fee (I believe) is $3, but the government is changing everything daily.

The front desk at your hotel (or tourist info in lobby) should be able to tell you up-to-date info on the Park, fees and directions.

I'm also aware of free Dog Parks in Port Orange and Holly Hill, but they're not on the beach.
Thanks Daytonadewd!
I found out that it is 5 dollars to park and didn't think to ask about a standard leash or retractable. But do you think I can take him out at night and have a better chance at getting away with it? Maybe?

Old 07-25-2011, 08:48 PM

501 posts, read 1,883,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCarol5 View Post
But do you think I can take him out at night and have a better chance at getting away with it? Maybe?
If your dog is such an important part of your vacation, why wouldn't you make arrangements to stay in or near beachfront areas that would allow your pet in the first place, instead of "stretching" reality to suit your whims?

Swimming areas on the beach are tested regularly for bacteria and contamination in order to be safe for all to use. Beach areas have been closed to swimmers because of seagull dung. This is the reason dogs are not allowed, so that everyone can enjoy the beach -- esp. young kids/toddlers. When the beach gets shut down, it hurts the hotels and businesses who depend on it for their living.

Daytona Beach has County Beach Patrol 24/7, so it's your money! There are also city cops parked just off the beach too that are watching and will radio the County if they see you.

Also I believe if you're ticketed already and then stopped a second time, you're arrested and will then have to appear in court for a really big fine (and maybe some time or community service).

I would think one would prefer the better, paid-for accommodations/food choices on the beach by avoiding this situation!

I don't want to see posts on this board either about how people's vacations were "ruined" in Daytona Beach because they did stupid things like illegally taking their dog on the beach and getting arrested for it (after receiving a ticket the first time).

***MOD CUT***

Last edited by doggiebus; 07-26-2011 at 01:02 PM..

Old 11-06-2011, 05:33 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,377,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonadewd View Post
If your dog is such an important part of your vacation, why wouldn't you make arrangements to stay in or near beachfront areas that would allow your pet in the first place, instead of "stretching" reality to suit your whims?

Swimming areas on the beach are tested regularly for bacteria and contamination in order to be safe for all to use. Beach areas have been closed to swimmers because of seagull dung. This is the reason dogs are not allowed, so that everyone can enjoy the beach -- esp. young kids/toddlers. When the beach gets shut down, it hurts the hotels and businesses who depend on it for their living.

Daytona Beach has County Beach Patrol 24/7, so it's your money! There are also city cops parked just off the beach too that are watching and will radio the County if they see you.

Also I believe if you're ticketed already and then stopped a second time, you're arrested and will then have to appear in court for a really big fine (and maybe some time or community service).

I would think one would prefer the better, paid-for accommodations/food choices on the beach by avoiding this situation!

I don't want to see posts on this board either about how people's vacations were "ruined" in Daytona Beach because they did stupid things like illegally taking their dog on the beach and getting arrested for it (after receiving a ticket the first time).

***MOD CUT***
and after its over, it will be the beach patrols fault for ruining their vacation.....society has rules for a reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida