Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 06:57 PM

128 posts, read 455,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Look at his twitter page...

much different looking now than the 3-5 year old picture they keep showing on the news..

https://twitter.com/#!/NO_LIMIT_*****
WOW. The Kid looks like Ray Lewis ! ! ! !

Old 03-26-2012, 07:23 PM

17,318 posts, read 22,065,118 times
Case is getting further diluted with the addtion of Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson and the black panther nonsense! Obama didn't help it either.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:53 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NALEXAND View Post
What would be a good reason for an armed stranger to kill your child?
If the child was beating the person's head against the ground, thus potentially inflicting deadly force and killing the person.

Or if during a conflict the child is in a physical fight they started, and then saw a firearm on the other person, then tried to go for the firearm to gain control of it.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:31 PM

670 posts, read 1,278,413 times
Ohhhh, I get it. So in other words provoke a teen on foot, scare him into defending himself against you so that you can rightfully kill him? I love how yall are overlooking the fact that he got out of his vehichle, followed and PROVOKED this boy. What would you do if you were walking down the street on your cellphone minding your business and looked over your shoulder at some menacing stranger on your heels and then gets out and confronts you? Yall must not have kids...oh the rules would be different then wouldnt they? Answer honestly. Funny how you wont acknowledge the provocation evidence in this case. Its ok. Its making you feel better and helping you sleep at night I guess to pretend this kid dragged a grown man out of a vehichle and beat him for no reason. Night Night. Sleep Well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
If the child was beating the person's head against the ground, thus potentially inflicting deadly force and killing the person.

Or if during a conflict the child is in a physical fight they started, and then saw a firearm on the other person, then tried to go for the firearm to gain control of it.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:13 PM

593 posts, read 1,378,697 times
People in Florida got nobody to blame but theyselves. Yall voted for the law or the politicians who voted for it. If you didnt vote then shame on you too.

Personally, I think Zimmerman will be free bcuz of the way the law was written and eye witness testimony. Im not saying the guys guilty or innocent. I certainly wouldnt provoke an attack then kill someone and yell self defense.

I dont think floridians got the common sense to convict guilty people anyway. I mean they did let Casey Anthony walk!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:02 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,142,671 times
I grew up in a urban area. Very urban. In that urban area were some very old and classy neighborhoods with expensive homes and all the dazzle that goes with them. Of course the urban area bleed into the classy neighborhood. The residents of said classy neighborhood hired private security patrols. We called them "black car". I remember many times while walking through the classy neighborhood the guys in the "black cars" would quietly follow us until we left their area. They were simply watching out for potential crime in the neighborhood. It was their job. They had no powers of arrest, etc. They could simply radio into to their home base and report what they saw.

Now that you have probably heard the reports that Zimmerman was leaving the area by getting into his vehicle, he was attacked by Martin how do you feel about this boy being "provoked"? How do you feel about him "walking down the street...."?

This is not a matter of a person just walking up to someone else and shooting them dead. This was a matter of a man defending himself against attack.

Let's let the jury decide when all the facts are presented instead of the "facts" that are being offered by the various people with biased information.

Quote:
Ohhhh, I get it. So in other words provoke a teen on foot, scare him into defending himself against you so that you can rightfully kill him? I love how yall are overlooking the fact that he got out of his vehichle, followed and PROVOKED this boy. What would you do if you were walking down the street on your cellphone minding your business and looked over your shoulder at some menacing stranger on your heels and then gets out and confronts you? Yall must not have kids...oh the rules would be different then wouldnt they? Answer honestly. Funny how you wont acknowledge the provocation evidence in this case. Its ok. Its making you feel better and helping you sleep at night I guess to pretend this kid dragged a grown man out of a vehichle and beat him for no reason. Night Night. Sleep Well.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:05 AM

I'll give you a good reason. My kid is slamming someones head against the ground after punching them in the face causing them to fall to the ground and my kid to continue assaulting the stranger.

Thats when I would think it was a good reason.

Quote:
What would be a good reason for an armed stranger to kill your child?

Old 03-27-2012, 07:07 AM

Background of a person means a lot. This kid was no angel. Now I understand that he was found to have several pieces of woman's jewelry in his back pack along with a flat head screwdriver. Framed with an empty bag? There was at least one witness who saw it go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
What does that have to do with anything? So is Martin a bad kid because he was caught with marijuana? How do you know if he was framed or do you know how marijuana ended up in his possession. You don't realize it but you're doing the same thing you're chastising everyone else for. You don't know who attacked first. Did those witnesses see the entire incident from beginning to end or just showed up a minute later after the scuffle and went by what they saw at that moment?

If Zimmerman let the police do their job, this wouldn't be making headlines across the country.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:09 AM

I am angry because a 17 year old kid feels it is correct to physically attack someone on the street because he felt he was in some sort of danger. Actions have consequences.

Quote:
Because I heard the tapes, I read every article I could find, he was going back home with the Skittles he promised his cousin. I am angry because I am a mother of a son that this could have happened to. I am angry because he is dead and no one can bring him back to have a life. I am angry because he didnt deserve to die like that. I am angry because he was scared and no one was there to help him. I am angry because he was not bothering anyone. I am angry that people dont care that his mother misses her baby. I am angry that people dont care that he was killed like a dog in the street.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:13 AM

I heard the tapes. Zimmerman was acting as a security guard following a person who he felt was suspect as any security guard would do. While following his suspect, Zimmerman called the police. Did Martin call the police to report himself being followed and him fearing for his safety or did Martin confront Zimmerman with physical attack causing Zimmerman to use deadly force to protect his life?

Martin had no idea Zimmerman was armed. Zimmerman did not
produce a weapon until the ultimate moment where he fired, at close range, to get the assailant off of him.

Quote:
Wow Spring Hillian! Wow. You have shown yourself to be a heartless soul. He probably didnt walk up to him and shoot immediately but imagine it were your son for one second, if you have one, or your relative. Be honest and fair with yourselves, all of you with political and racial motives for siding with Zimmerman. Spring Hillian, listen to the tapes of Zimmerman hunting that child down like a dog with his preconceived notions and sterotypes and assumptions that the kid was up to no good. That CHILD WAS WALKING HOME WHERE HE BELONGED AND WAS NOT BOTHERING ZIMMERMAN'S OVERGROWN ASS WHO WAS IN A CAR! DONT YOU THINK FOR A MOMENT THAT HE WAS AFRAID OF BEING FOLLOWED BY THIS ARMED MONSTER AND DEFENDED HIMSELF????? Did the child not have a right to defend himself against this 250 lb. male stalker? I wish some of you coud feel what this parent is feeling and take off your hateful, racist blinders. Your hearts are not clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida