Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2007, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,732 times

Advertisements

We are looking for land to put a mobile home on, we need two lots about 1 acre each. My husband and I and are good friends are thinking about moving to florida from ohio. We are in our 40's and 50's. We like to ride motorcycle's. We are not hard core bikers, we just like to ride. In ohio we do benefits and charity runs. We are not against hard core bikers, we just aren't them. Anyway we would like something in the range of 10,000 to 15,000 per acre. We don't want in the heart of a city, outside a city is what we want. We like the small town setting, but in the center of florida, but close enough that we could ride to the beach or to a nice place to eat. So if anyone knows of friendly small town please let me know. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 12:16 AM

495 posts, read 2,329,471 times
A one acre lot for 10 grand will be hard to find. They were available up till about 3 years ago but since the housing boom, they are hard to come by. But prices are comming down. I would think a 1 acre lot for under 20k is still possible if you know where to look.

They will be most likely found in large rural developments that were laid out in the 60s and 70s before stricter land use laws were enacted. These developments show up on the map as a large grid of roads in the countryside.

The areas I am fimiliar with are near Keystone Heights and Interlachen, Williston, Hawthone, and Ocala. There is a development near St Augustine called Flagler Estates too.

Do a search on Realtor.com for these locations and you will find a large selection.

Be advised that these lots are inexpensive for a reason. The most common one is that they are on dirt roads that are not maintained by the county. Lots on a paved road will probably start at 20k

Also, setting up a used trailer now, is a lot more complicated and expensive given the new rules and impact fees. You may be better off geting a fixer upper that is already there, if you can get it for a good price.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:02 PM

523 posts, read 2,830,522 times
There is cheap land in Ridge Manor,Florida 1 hr out of Tampa on I-75, but it is very wooded and you have to watch out for flooding near the river. My step son moved there and gave up on high homeowner cost and moved to Ga. He got 2 acres and mobile for 60,000 in small town 1 hr from Augusta Ga, called Mitchell Ga.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:02 AM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,973 times
Check out "Daytona North," zip code 32110 on Realtor.com. It's west of Bunnell and not far from all the bike events in Ormond & Daytona.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:14 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,100,245 times
We have a lot of bike riders and poker runs in our area throughout the year. Might want to check out Citrus county area. Most of the poker rides are for good causes locally. Not sure about finding land that cheap anymore. There's a small lot next to my home under 1/4 acre almost too small to build on and it just sold for $19,000. Around the corner 1/2 acre lots are going for $45,000. And mobile homes are hard to finance with a bank and insure so make sure you look into it. Your probably better off buying a block home. There's a lot to choose from and prices are really coming down in my area. You can find a nice home for $100,000 or so.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:55 AM

495 posts, read 2,329,471 times
Good values here;;

Lots For Sale in Flagler Estates, Hastings FL near St Augustine (http://flaglerestates.com/for_sale_by_owner_lots.htm - broken link)

Only 10 miles from I-95 access and 15 from the ocean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida