Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2007, 09:19 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times

Advertisements

Considering that property taxes statewide have doubled in the last few years, for those of you paying significantly more, have you noticed more benefits from the extra expense? I have seen no improvement in government services, in fact the quality has been decreasing. Any ideas here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 09:02 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
Have not seen any change but after Saturday It really won't matter anymore. I will be moving back to America.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:18 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Considering that property taxes statewide have doubled in the last few years, for those of you paying significantly more, have you noticed more benefits from the extra expense? I have seen no improvement in government services, in fact the quality has been decreasing. Any ideas here?
99% of the people have never attended a commission meeting and had the pleasure of watching them pi$$ away your money. When you sit there and watch them play with it like it is Monopoly money, like the numbers they use aren't real you begin to get sick to your stomach I was at one meeting where they talked about a mistake they made that cost 30 million dollars and they actually laughed about it like "How could we have been so dumb".

All most cities need to be is run like a business, not by idiots who can't even manage their own private lives and have never owned of run anything. I say that because I know a few of these phonies that somehow got themselves elected. One, an unmarried woman who stills lives with her mother and probably haven't been out of debt since she was in High school. That is why I support tax cuts so much, because we can't have it business as usual, they need to start managing the money they have. They may even surprise us how well they can do once the blank checks are cut off. As it is, we can not do worse.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Have not seen any change but after Saturday It really won't matter anymore. I will be moving back to America.
If you think leaving Florida for Alabama your going to escape the corruption think again. Many of those towns are so corrupt they make south Florida look like Pikers.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:49 AM

251 posts, read 885,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post

What I find outrageous in my county is while our commissioners keep cutting the budgets for programs for the poor and busing they make sure they vote themselves a pay raise each year. According to out county's median income our county commissioners make almost three times more then then adverage income of it's residents!

Old 10-02-2007, 10:06 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
If you think leaving Florida for Alabama your going to escape the corruption think again. Many of those towns are so corrupt they make south Florida look like Pikers.
I have lived there before, so it is not new to me. The whole world has corruption. They just have less property tax money to play with. And I know about the tax on auto tags, still less. But I am sure no matter what I say I will get negative answers. Best part about going back to Alabama is I will be busy so I can shut this laptop off.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Best part about going back to Alabama is I will be busy so I can shut this laptop off.
No matter where you move you will be the same person you are here, so if compulsive behavior is your problem it won't help. Reminds me of the guy sitting on the bar stool on Friday night who thinks come Monday he is going to change his life. Those Mondays just keep coming and going though.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 AM

436 posts, read 1,357,595 times
Sadly there is hardly anything anymore where you get the value for your money. Years ago my parents had 1 appliance for years and years and years. Today you are lucky if any appliance lasts you for a few. I won't even get into cars!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida