Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 08:19 PM

669 posts, read 916,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Jacksonville is just a plain American-Southern city... Nothing too special.

Miami is in South Florida which is a very unique region of the country, it's an American city (we all know that) but with more Caribbean/Latin American influences.
Except I'm living in America. I wanted to live somewhere with Caribbean/Latin American influence I would actually move there, not in some wannabe Cuba/Mexico at the south corner of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
Clearly, you haven't been to college. Education teaches a person NOT to accept the ignorance and intolerance, that is so prevalent in Jacksonville.

So YES, I am intolerant of intolerance, as were the founding fathers of our Country.

US history has clearly proven over and over, that the Deep South has NEVER done the right thing, on their own. They have ALWAYS had to be forced into meaningful progress.

So, with that shameful history in mind, I have no intention of patiently waiting for another 150 years, while the rednecks and bigots decide whether or not they want to finally embrace the values that the rest of the Country has stood for for the past 225 years. And I'm fed up with the idiot rednecks always claiming 'States rights' as an excuse for maintaining their bigotry and ignorance.

So, get used to it. I'm here. I'm fed up, and I'm going to speak out. It's a little thing that I like to call THE FIRST AMENDMENT.

The fact that I am so clearly irritating you, is just icing on the cake. Thanks for making my day.
The fact that you think still think the South as the same as it was 150 years ago in 21st Century America shows your one of the biggest rednecks in this place.

I also find it funny that people in places like Miami/South Florida brag of ethnic diversity even though its pretty much mostly only true for JUST Hispanics only. As if all the other races in the country doesn't exist. In fact its the Hispanics who are the biggest racists there to the other races with large communities of people thinking they somehow own that part of the country and think other people have to learn their language to live there. One of the most annoying things in America really is that when the Blacks and Hispanics rant on and on about racism they mostly only bring up things that's happened against them only. In all seriousness they face less racism today and most of the other minority races in the country.

Just in case you wanted to know, I'm not white and lived in South Florida and happy as hell that I don't live in that hole anymore.

Last edited by yyuusr; 03-03-2013 at 08:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 11:34 AM

9 posts, read 13,842 times
Jacksonville sucks. Can GA just annex that city? It's not a Floridian city that's for sure.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshaw20 View Post
Jacksonville sucks. Can GA just annex that city? It's not a Floridian city that's for sure.
Yeah and Miami is not even an American city. Should be donated to Cuba. It already has that 3rd world feeling to it.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshaw20 View Post

What do you mean its not a Floridian city? What FL city were you born in?

Old 03-04-2013, 05:50 PM

129 posts, read 448,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMarvin View Post
Jacksonville saw a 11.7% increase in population from 2000 to 2010. That's more than all the other major cities in Florida, other than Orlando.

Jacksonville remains to be the largest city in Florida, by both city proper population and land area. It is 4th in metropolitan area population but it IS growing. This article here even says that Orlando's growth has slowed.

Poor schools? Paxon and Stanton are two of the best schools in the nation (TOP 10) and every high school is at least a C school. High crime? Definitely not as bad as people make it to be. It's not even close to Detroit, etc. We do have southern baptists but slowly but surely their presence is becoming smaller and smaller. Downtown continues to grow. The city is just as "segregated" as Miami. In fact, Miami is the 7th most segregated city in America. Low wages? Some jobs have them, some don't. There are high paying jobs here.

The weather is definitely the best in the state, unless you like the extreme heat South Florida offers. The beaches offer the best waves in the state and only a few more even have waves. The water IS blue around St. Augustine, by the way. Nightlife isn't on the same scale as Miami (obviously) but it has grown and continues to grow in the urban core (East Bay Street, Park & King).

Jacksonville isn't going anywhere. A new vision plan modeled after SA2020 is going to help the city become even better by 2025. The metro area has over a million people, btw.
Lets not get carried away on the waves thing bro. Jacksonville doesn't have better surf than Central Florida beaches. The best surfer (Kelly Slater) in the world comes from Cocoa Beach, not Jax beach.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
Yeah and Miami is not even an American city. Should be donated to Cuba. It already has that 3rd world feeling to it.
Somebody hasn't been to a third world country yet.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:35 PM

22 posts, read 40,198 times
Lived in FLA for 5 years and this line is the best in describing Florida . " The more north you go, the more South you get." And vice versa.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Somebody hasn't been to a third world country yet.
Speak for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by az2fla View Post
Lived in FLA for 5 years and this line is the best in describing Florida . " The more north you go, the more South you get." And vice versa.
I havn't lived in North Florida yet but lived in both South and Central Florida and no way does Miami feel more North then or most of the central Florida area except for a few places like Altamonte/Longwood etc. Like I said Miami doesn't even feel American. Fort Lauderdale is the only place in South Florida that I would say feels MORE north, maybe.

Last edited by yyuusr; 03-04-2013 at 07:21 PM..

Old 03-05-2013, 06:51 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
^^^ You are misunderstanding az2fla. The more nothrward (in FL) you go, the more southern it feels in culture.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:36 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
Nope, I'd much rather stay here, and force the delusional residents to finally accept the reality of the city they live in. Nothing will change until people like me finally get fed up enough, and force reality to be a topic of conversation, in this city.

As the old saying goes..."Ignorance is bliss." And let's just say, there are A LOT of blissful people in Jacksonville.

And what stats do you refer to? The stats are all clearly on my side. Poor schools, high crime, slow growth, dead downtown, low wages, a predominantly black high school named after the founder of the KKK. None of those are my opinion. Those issues are all clearly documented facts.

Better go get yourself another bowl of cornflakes.
You're clearly talking out of your *** with those statements. Seemingly you're a bitter, sad person who probably wouldn't be happy in any city. You might do better to contemplate that over your own bowl of corn flakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida